910 users online (169 members and 741 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Canada - Gail, 73, & Boyd Lynds (fd dec), 77, Sudbury ON, 7 June 2015

Missing couple's truck found burned in northern Ontario
    Sudbury police are appealing for the public's help after they located a burned truck belonging to a missing elderly couple.
    Boyd and Gail Lynds were reported missing Wednesday night to police in Sudbury, Ont. Boyd Lynds, 77, was last seen at midnight Monday in the community of Wahnipitae. His wife, Gail Lynds, 73, was last seen Tuesday at about 6 a.m., leaving her residence in the south end of Sudbury.
    Staff. Sgt. Jordan Buchanan said family and friends of the couple are very concerned because the two usually stick to a very regular routine.
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/...ario-1.2417110
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Hoping and praying this senior couple are found soon, safe and sound. Sadly though, reminds me a lot of the Lyle and Marie McCann case

UPDATE: Missing man found dead, police searching for wife

http://www.thesudburystar.com/2015/0...ystery-deepens

From the link I posted:

"Police want the general public to understand they are not at risk as a result of this death."

I wonder what exactly they are thinking here.

This is so bizarre.

From the CTV article linked above:

Police are asking for the public to be on the lookout for a 2012 Blue Dodge Caravan with the Ontario licence plate "BRDX 440." This vehicle also belongs to the Lynds, and Gail was last seen walking towards it early Tuesday morning.
    "This vehicle may be concealed in plain sight from us, and if it is, we would like to locate it as soon as possible," Buchanan said.
    Hooks up!

It sounds like a murder, suicide type of scenario. I seriously doubt he was murder by her for any other reason. Just my own speculation 😉

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    From the link I posted:

"Police want the general public to understand they are not at risk as a result of this death."

I wonder what exactly they are thinking here.
    I wonder how he died. Are there any guns missing from the home? I just don't see her luring her husband out there and then beating him to death and taking off. If indeed she is the one who killed him. Guess no one will know until she is found. MOO

wow, I am not feeling murder/suicide at all on this one... I hope she shows up safely soon and we can find out what happened.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    UPDATE: Missing man found dead, police searching for wife

From this article

"According to police, Boyd was seen later Monday, around midnight, in the town of Wahnapitae. The following morning, at about 6 a.m., Gail was seen walking toward the couple's blue Dodge Caravan outside their Regent Street apartment.

Bois said it would be unusual for her sister to be up and about at that hour. "She never gets up that early," she remarked."

Did she get a call from her husband or something to go and pick him up? Could that be why she was leaving the house early after he was seen at midnight

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Police are also trying to locate her vehicle.

- Ontario Licence Plate – BRDX – 440

- Dodge Caravan

- Blue

- Vehicle is equipped with a wheel chair ramp assembly

- “BraunAbility” stamp at the rear

So she owned a van with a special wheelchair ramp, though reportedly was seen "walking" the last morning she was reportedly seen? I would take from that, then, that it was her husband who used the wheelchair? Most people don't have a van outfitted with a wheelchair ramp unless they have a loved one who is seriously wheelchair-bound.

So if his body was found but not hers, and she was fully mobile but perhaps not him........and the vehicle was found burned out, murder then fire to hide evidence but maybe he was somehow able to crawl out of vehicle? How far from where van was found was his body found? LE are sure being tight-lipped with the info.

That or else perhaps some 3rd party forced them into their vehicle, to rob them?............then set fire to van to hide evidence?

Just speculating.

speculation's all we've got right now. And you never know what might come of it, so I applaud you.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Also interesting is that the burned truck and his body were found at property previously owned by the couple.

I believe I read this in the Sudbury Star link

Sorry I haven't figured out how to edit my posts in tapatalk. Here is the link and quote.

"She said the Lynds had previously lived at the Wanup property, close to which the vehicle was found Tuesday."

Pure speculation on my part and not suspecting anyone...yet....but I wonder if family members still live at this old address, where the truck was found

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast