990 users online (189 members and 801 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Dusty Rhodes Dead: WWE Hall of Famer "The American Dream" Dies at 69

This thread is for me. Long time wrestling fan. Dusty Rhodes is the American Dream.

WWE fans are mourning the death of "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes (real name: Virgil Runnels), who died Thursday, June 11. He was 69.

The wrestling empire confirmed the news in a statement to Us Weekly, describing the WWE Hall of Famer as "one of the most captivating and charismatic figures in sports entertainment history."

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/dus...us-weekly.html

http://www.wwe.com
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Great memories of me and my sister on saturday afternoons wrestling on the floor and watching Dusty the American Dream. She could get me in a leg lock and one time made me pee myself from pain and laughter.Dusty could put on a show and was the first great wrestling star.Rest In Peace and thank you for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by cuffem View Post
    Great memories of me and my sister on saturday afternoons wrestling on the floor and watching Dusty the American Dream. She could get me in a leg lock and one time made me pee myself from pain and laughter.Dusty could put on a show and was the first great wrestling star.Rest In Peace and thank you for the memories.
    Hear, hear
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Aww, sad! I was a huge wwf fan back in the day. :-(