903 users online (186 members and 717 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upcoming new reality shows ("I want your child ... and nothing else!")

Billionaire television producer John de Mol, behind the pioneer show Big Brother, will test the limits of reality TV with a program in which a woman searches for a potential sperm donor to conceive a child.

His new TV station Talpa, launched earlier this month, confirmed it will air a program called "I want your child ... and nothing else!" but gave no further details about the show due at 1830 GMT Wednesday.

The show is a one-off competing with four other reality TV programs, one of which follows five former prostitutes starting a cafe.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

you know, I was watching a small clip yesterday on how children are having great difficulty getting to know their physical environments as their little worlds have become so techno and computerized that playing outside or climbing trees has become foreign to them. Doctors urge parents to retrain their children to go back outside as they are not properly interacting with their worlds and acting too comfortable with the fabricated or synthetic world od computer chips and video games.

These reality shows remind me of that very premise. So many people live vicariously through others' lives that I think they will need to be de=programmed into learning to live in their own lives instead of being spectators of others. I think it is a sad reflection of where we are going as social beings.

Very good point, I am SURE some people will have a lot to say about this women and this show.

No doubt........I can hear it now.........