1205 users online (208 members and 997 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Norma Shultz, 72, Hurst, 10 May 2015

Norma Shultz

Search for missing Hurst grandmother in its third week

HURST – A Fort Worth daughter is desperate to find her missing mother.

"The last time I saw my mom was on Mother's Day," Maritza Fuller said.

It was a day she wishes she could rewind to, rather than fearing what the future holds.

She spends her time now aching for the 72-year-old, whose disappearance Hurst police are calling suspicious.
    Fuller discovered her mother was missing from her home in the 800 block of Billie Ruth Lane in Hurst three weeks ago. Norma Shultz wasn't answering her phone or returning texts. "It's been absolutely like a nightmare," Fuller

said. "There's no way she would have walked away or just left."

Investigators agree, saying this behavior is extremely out-of-character.
    http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local...week/71092872/
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

The first time that I heard about Norma Shultz missing was today on the noon local news for the Dallas/Fort Worth area, which includes Hurst. She has been missing for a MONTH...so sad.

I wonder why LE considers this suspicious as opposed to something like an a medical emergency/accident. Her car was left at home and a neighbor reported waving to her and never seeing her again. And the last person to see her was her husband. Interesting.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

There is a billboard for Norma that can be seen heading east on 121 from Fort Worth towards Richland Hills/Hurst. I saw it last week and meant to see if we had a thread for her, but forgot by the time I got home. Do we know any circumstances at all? The husband should definitely be looked at, as it seems he is not cooperating at this point. Wish we had more details!
    Last edited by jjohnston0827; 06-12-2015 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Her car is accounted for

Was she reported missing a month later or is that just when the media ran the story?

So she packed a suitcase and just walked away, says her husband?

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...e25205257.html

Also, a vigil was held for her.
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/06/25/f...t-grandmother/

Quote Originally Posted by thesiren View Post
    Was she reported missing a month later or is that just when the media ran the story?
    From the article below, several days, not a month:

Police are calling Shultz’s disappearance “suspicious”. Police said she went missing around May 19 but her husband reported her missing on the 25th.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/06/23/s...lmost-a-month/

Where is Norma? Too close to home... I wish we could find her!! A daughter misses her Mother!!

Quote Originally Posted by sallye818 View Post
    So she packed a suitcase and just walked away, says her husband?

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...e25205257.html
    Did you see the last comment about her not being able to walk away because of foot surgery? I'd like to know if that's just a rumor, or a fact, because that would make a difference to my train of thought about this case KWIM?

So far I see LE says "her husband told them he saw her walk away", his lawyer says “I don’t think he ever suggested that he saw her walk away,” plus she was not reported missing until 6 days later...hmm

Not insinuating anything, but his lawyer doesn't sway me with the "husband is an elderly man" (73) bit. I remember following the Susan Wilkes case (South Carolina) whose husband murdered her, and guess how old he was? Yep, 73.

Norma has been added to NamUs:
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29299

Case Information
    Status Missing
    First name Norma
    Middle name
    Last name Shultz
    Nickname/Alias
    Date last seen May 24, 2015 12:00
    Date entered 06/29/2015
    Age last seen 72 to 72 years old
    Age now 71 years old
    Race White
    Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
    Sex Female
    Height (inches) 61.0 to 62.0
    Weight (pounds) 165.0 to 170.0
    Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
    DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete
    Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

From a story on another missing woman in the Dallas metro area:

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016...onth-ago.html/

Texas EquuSearch, a nonprofit that uses sonar-imaging boats and other tools, were going to join the drone users this week. The two groups have partnered before, last year, to search for Norma Shultz, 72, who went missing in Hurst last May. She has still not been found.