TX TX - Norma Shultz, 72, Hurst, 10 May 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Norma Shultz

Search for missing Hurst grandmother in its third week

HURST – A Fort Worth daughter is desperate to find her missing mother.

"The last time I saw my mom was on Mother's Day," Maritza Fuller said.

It was a day she wishes she could rewind to, rather than fearing what the future holds.

She spends her time now aching for the 72-year-old, whose disappearance Hurst police are calling suspicious.

Fuller discovered her mother was missing from her home in the 800 block of Billie Ruth Lane in Hurst three weeks ago. Norma Shultz wasn't answering her phone or returning texts. "It's been absolutely like a nightmare," Fuller

said. "There's no way she would have walked away or just left."

Investigators agree, saying this behavior is extremely out-of-character.
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...hurst-grandmother-in-its-third-week/71092872/
635696467341845843-0611-hurst-missing-woman.JPG

The first time that I heard about Norma Shultz missing was today on the noon local news for the Dallas/Fort Worth area, which includes Hurst. She has been missing for a MONTH...so sad.

I wonder why LE considers this suspicious as opposed to something like an a medical emergency/accident. Her car was left at home and a neighbor reported waving to her and never seeing her again. And the last person to see her was her husband. Interesting.

There is a billboard for Norma that can be seen heading east on 121 from Fort Worth towards Richland Hills/Hurst. I saw it last week and meant to see if we had a thread for her, but forgot by the time I got home. Do we know any circumstances at all? The husband should definitely be looked at, as it seems he is not cooperating at this point. Wish we had more details!

Was she reported missing a month later or is that just when the media ran the story?

Where is Norma? Too close to home... I wish we could find her!! A daughter misses her Mother!!

Did you see the last comment about her not being able to walk away because of foot surgery? I'd like to know if that's just a rumor, or a fact, because that would make a difference to my train of thought about this case KWIM?

So far I see LE says "her husband told them he saw her walk away", his lawyer says “I don’t think he ever suggested that he saw her walk away,” plus she was not reported missing until 6 days later...hmm :waitasec:

Not insinuating anything, but his lawyer doesn't sway me with the "husband is an elderly man" (73) bit. I remember following the Susan Wilkes case (South Carolina) whose husband murdered her, and guess how old he was? Yep, 73.

Norma has been added to NamUs:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29299

Case Information
Status Missing
First name Norma
Middle name
Last name Shultz
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen May 24, 2015 12:00
Date entered 06/29/2015
Age last seen 72 to 72 years old
Age now 71 years old
Race White
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Female
Height (inches) 61.0 to 62.0
Weight (pounds) 165.0 to 170.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

No links at this time but crime scene and many many police are in Norma’s back yard today. Praying for justice!!

Despite digging for hours in a backyard, Hurst police failed on Tuesday to find the body of a missing woman who was last seen in May 2015.

A team of 10 Hurst police officers and officials with the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office were at the home of 72-year-old Norma Shultz, digging for more than five hours on Tuesday.

...SBM

“We were looking for her body,” said Hurst police Sgt. Lonnie Brazzel in a Wednesday telephone interview. “We didn’t find anything.”

Armed with a search warrant, authorities went to Shultz’s home, digging in the backyard. Her husband stills lives in the home.

“When she went missing, we didn’t have enough information for a search warrant of her home,” Brazzel said. “Recently, investigators got enough new information for the warrant.”

Brazzel declined to comment Wednesday on details of the new information.

Hurst police would be back at the home on Wednesday to clean up.

Police dig up backyard of missing Hurst woman, but fail to find any trace of her

Added to Charley Project: Norma Shultz – The Charley Project

Norma Shultz
  • shultz_norma.jpg
  • shultz_norma2.jpg
  • shultz_norma3.jpg
Norma, circa 2015

• Missing Since05/19/2015
  • Missing FromHurst, Texas
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth08/28/1943 (75)
  • Age71 years old
  • Height and Weight5'1 - 5'2, 140 - 165 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Norma wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Norma was last seen at her home in the 800 block of Billie Ruth Lane in Hurst, Texas in May 2014. Her husband, Robert Shultz, said she packed her clothes and belongings in a suitcase and left home on May 24. However, police believe she actually disappeared on May 19, five days earlier than he claimed. She left her van behind at home and has never been heard from again.

According to Robert, Norma's mother died several months prior to her disappearance and she was upset about it, and he thought this was part of the reason she left. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning, miss family events or be out of touch with family members.

In June 2019, police got a search warrant and dug up the background of Norma's home, looking for her body. They found nothing of interest, however. Norma's case remains unsolved. She's considered missing under suspicious circumstances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back