NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
7C8LHE1.jpg

RICHARD MATT and DAVID SWEAT

Search underway for two murderers missing from state prison in Dannemora
PUBLISHED: SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2015 AT 9:43 AM - UPDATED: SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2015 AT 11:18 AM
Daily Courier-Observer

DANNEMORA - A search is underway for two prisoners, both serving sentences for murder convictions, that were discovered missing early Saturday morning from Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora.

New York State Police said they received a call at 5:45 a.m. Saturday from corrections’ officials reporting two prisoners were unaccounted for during a 5:30 a.m. bed check. State police are now currently searching for the two escaped prisoners.

They are:
Richard Matt, 48, a white male, 6’ tall, 210 pounds, with black hair and hazel eyes. He has tattoos on back “Mexico Forever”, a heart on his chest and left shoulder, and a marine corps insignia on his right shoulder.

David Sweat, 34, white male, 5’11” tall, 165 pounds, brown hair and green eyes. He has tattoos on his left bicep and his right fingers
NY Gov.: 2 Convicted Murderers Used Power Tools to Escape
DANNEMORA, N.Y. — Jun 6, 2015, 4:50 PM ET
ABC News/AP

Two convicted murderers used power tools to cut through steel pipes at a maximum-security prison near the Canadian border and escape through a manhole, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Saturday.

"It was an elaborate plot," Cuomo said after joining law enforcement authorities to retrace the prisoners' escape route from the Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, N.Y.

[...]
"A search revealed that here was a hole cut out of the back of the cell through which these inmates escaped," Annucci said. "They went onto a catwalk which is about 6 stories high. We estimate they climbed down and had power tools and were able to get out to this facility through tunnels, cutting away at several spots."

Thread #1

Massive Search For Escaped Inmates
Two escaped from Clinton Correctional Facility
UPDATED 6:26 PM EDT Jun 06, 2015

DANNEMORA, N.Y. —New York State Police say they are searching for two inmates described as "dangerous" who escaped overnight from Clinton Correctional Facility.

[...]
The Governor calls the escape "extraordinary" and says it's the first time anyone has escaped from the maximum security portion of the facility since it opened in 1865.

[...]
State police have set up numerous roadblocks in the greater Dannemora area as they search for the escapees. WPTZ's Vanessa Misciagna reports armed troopers are searching every vehicle on Route 374 at a police checkpoint, and dozens of troopers and corrections officers are searching the woods off Smith Street.

Anyone who sees people resembling the prisoners or with any information should call State Police at 563-3761.

ETA: You can watch the news conference at this link.

http://www.wptz.com/news/governor-holds-news-conference-on-prison-escape/33438874

A legend of stupidity. How many days until he was identified by his DNA? He committed those horrible atrocities for a mere $40,000 and was identified less than a week later. Too little payoff for so much risk. Add the fact that he tortured to death a little boy? No way will he be respected or revered. He may have a groupie or two in prison, but not the kind that would give him any cred. Pedophile torturers.

This case is going to be a big ole' black eye for somebody. They can only hope there will be a plea and no trial because his violent past will come out and people will scream that he wasn't locked up or deported long before this.

Did you know that a certain population rules the DC prison.

Do you think that the people he is going to be locked up with as stellar members of the community.

The ruthless hands on criminals that have no problem strangling stabbing beating and killing a family of 4 will be feared in prison by a good majority. As long as they see you can hold your own then they will leave you be.

Plus with the case notoriety; Some prisoners will feel that it is an honor to be in the same sector with him.

Most of those guys are in for guns drugs rape murder via gun. But DW already displayed his savageness and prisoners know that he doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. He has a violent past as well.

I know it sounds messed up but look at the mind set of most of them. Killers respect killers in their world.

Jmo. He will be okay on jail.

You can be weak and insecure and know between right and wrong, and the rules of your company and laws of country. She broke her committment to her family 1st, when she started this. I don't want see any defending of Tillie, to many people are paying.

Who is defending her? (Besides her son.) Of course you can be weak and insecure and know the difference between right and wrong. One who can't distinguish between right and wrong is deemed unable to stand trial in the criminal court system. I don't see anyone here saying she meets that criteria.

She's weak, insecure, gullible, easily influenced, etc etc etc. THAT is why she did this. Not for attention or to be notorious.

http://www.voanews.com/content/new-york-prison-break-clinton-correctional-facility/2818817.html

“Whenever you talk to anybody who has ever worked at this prison, they always make the statement, ‘Nobody’s ever escaped from here,’ ” he says. “So I think a bit of complacency may have occurred.”

While inmates at the prison do use power tools to perform various jobs, authorities strictly account for the devices.

“They have a bunch of shops, industrial areas," he says. "When the inmates work there, they do use these tools, but at night they have a board where they hang all these tools and they make sure that every tool is back where it is supposed to be.”

“I just happened to meet up with a lot of the retirees this morning at breakfast, and of course they are all saying, ‘Glad we aren’t there right now, because it is a difficult situation.’ ”

IMO...I really don't think they would get too far on the Northway (87), if they knew what they were doing they would be better off heading south on Route 9, which parallels 87. No toll booths on route 9, but 87 you hit them in Albany.
My opinion only.

That would be assuming they have a vehicle.

CNN anchor talked via telephone to someone who lives in the area where the search has intensified after reports of two men jumping a fence. Man on phone said neighbors/community are "disgusted" that Mitchell would put thousands of folks in danger by helping these hardened criminals escape :stormingmad:

IMO...I really don't think they would get too far on the Northway (87), if they knew what they were doing they would be better off heading south on Route 9, which parallels 87. No toll booths on route 9, but 87 you hit them in Albany.
My opinion only.

That would be assuming they have a vehicle.

There is always a ton of traffic on the Northway Fridays in the summer, The Adirondacks, Lake George, Saratoga Springs are all big tourist draws. They would have a tough time avoiding the police, and Route 9 is pretty busy too.

CNN anchor talked via telephone to someone who lives in the area where the search has intensified after reports of two men jumping a fence. Man on phone said neighbors/community are "disgusted" that Mitchell would put thousands of folks in danger by helping these hardened criminals escape :stormingmad:

I have noticed, aside from her son and daughter in law, we have not heard from a single friend of hers coming out and expressing shock, disbelief, etc. Got me curious, did she have any friends? Or, are they just keeping quiet? I wondered this from the standpoint of...maybe the inmates were the only 'friends' she had. Pure speculation on my part, and if I am wrong and friends of hers have come out and spoken one way or another about her, please feel free to correct me.

Anyway...I don't know that there is any way for me to understand her psyche, nor is there really a need for me to do so. She will (more then likely) do her time.

Had she been there to pick them up, I strongly believe the inmates would have killed her and carried on.

Just my opinion.

http://www.voanews.com/content/new-york-prison-break-clinton-correctional-facility/2818817.html

“Whenever you talk to anybody who has ever worked at this prison, they always make the statement, ‘Nobody’s ever escaped from here,’ ” he says. “So I think a bit of complacency may have occurred.”

While inmates at the prison do use power tools to perform various jobs, authorities strictly account for the devices.

“They have a bunch of shops, industrial areas," he says. "When the inmates work there, they do use these tools, but at night they have a board where they hang all these tools and they make sure that every tool is back where it is supposed to be.”

“I just happened to meet up with a lot of the retirees this morning at breakfast, and of course they are all saying, ‘Glad we aren’t there right now, because it is a difficult situation.’ ”

RBBM

She's also prob providing LE with names of any civilian employees & COs who MAY have cut corners, did not follow protocol, looked the other way, or worse.

Here is a transcription of the video at link (not word for word, just what I felt were the most important points):

Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie told CNN that Joyce Mitchell "provided some form of equipment or tools" to fugitive felons Richard Matt and David Sweat. There is information that she did provide contraband to them. He will be able to give more details as to the exact contraband she provided to them soon. She continues to come in and cooperate and every day we are learning more as to her involvement with this. (Hence the reason she hasn't been arrested yet.) The charges she is facing include conspiracy to escape and providing contraband. She's aware that these charges will and can be filed against her and she continues to cooperate. (So she knows she's toast)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/12/us/new-york-prison-break/

I've only heard son, son's wife, her mother, former co-worker and ex husband.

Thanks GGE for your help with ad redirects. I will get somebody here who is tech savvy. Me not so much and this lappy is fairly new. Until then i will muddle along. Thanks so much.

RBBM

She's also prob providing LE with names of any civilian employees & COs who MAY have cut corners, did not follow protocol, looked the other way, or worse.
Good point, I'm sure she has gotten quite the grilling and trying to save her rear end any way she can.

I hope the fence jumping siting is credible

IMO She was not looking for fame. She is a 51 year old surrounded by men all day. Maybe ishe was in need of a little excitement and these two gave it to her (while grooming her) Bottom line is...she took the bait. I don't think there is any in depth explanation.

The outcome.. Horrendous.

There is always a ton of traffic on the Northway Fridays in the summer, The Adirondacks, Lake George, Saratoga Springs are all big tourist draws. They would have a tough time avoiding the police, and Route 9 is pretty busy too.

I can't disagree and I hadn't even thought about it being Friday. I will revise and say, I don't thick they would get too far on either of those more major routes.

I wonder if anything will be found out of order or missing this weekend at any of the summer camps in the area.

Mitchell hasn't lawyered up. ecause good cop questioning her is so charming, and has what appears to be a promising package. She's in love, don't you know. She just knows that she can win his affections and will run away with her once this is all over. J/k

Mitchell hasn't lawyered up. ecause good cop questioning her is so charming, and has what appears to be a promising package. She's in love, don't you know. She just knows that she can win his affections and will run away with her once this is all over. J/k

:giggle:

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads