702 users online (84 members and 618 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

WA - Civil rights activist Rachel Dolezal pretending to be black, parents say #1

City's NAACP leader accused of falsifying race

Controversy has erupted over the racial identity of an NAACP leader in Washington state, after her parents told media outlets that their daughter is white and has been pretending to be black for years.

Rachel Dolezal, 37, is president of the civil rights organization’s Spokane chapter and teaches African studies at Eastern Washington University.

Lawrence and Ruthanne Dolezal, a white couple from Montana, have said in interviews that they are her biological parents. Rachel Dolezal has described herself publicly as biracial and has posted photos of herself online with a black man she identified as her father.

"Our daughter is Caucasian" say parents of Spokane NAACP President Rachel Dolezal.

http://news.yahoo.com/civil-rights-a...42027280.html#
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This is ridiculous. She called cops about hate crimes at her homes in CDA, ID. I wonder if she can be arrested for false reporting? Or maybe she never even called the cops and lied about that too.

Is that a wig? Perm? Im trying to figure out how she changed the texture of her hair.

Her mother said on an interview that they are extensions. LOL
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

People mock NAACP incident with #wrongskin

In response to the news coverage, people have taken to Twitter using the hashtags #transracial, #transraciallivesmatter and #wrongskin.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/...skin/71129908/

Dolezal avoided answering questions about her ethnicity, which she called a “multilayered” issue, in a conversation with The Spokesman-Review.

“That question is not as easy as it seems,” she told the local paper. “There’s a lot of complexities… and I don’t know that everyone would understand that.”
    Well but what an adorable way to dismiss lies that you got caught for

they're just complexities that other people are too dumb to understand

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    This is ridiculous. She called cops about hate crimes at her homes in CDA, ID. I wonder if she can be arrested for false reporting? Or maybe she never even called the cops and lied about that too.
    She claims 8 reports but this reporter, that has done some serious investigating of her, could only find 3. She was also on a police accountability board. Interesting tweets and links from her. https://twitter.com/MelissaKXLY4

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    People mock NAACP incident with #wrongskin

In response to the news coverage, people have taken to Twitter using the hashtags #transracial, #transraciallivesmatter and #wrongskin.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/...skin/71129908/
    Here as well, http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...cp-leader.html
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiandmighty View Post
    Is that a wig? Perm? Im trying to figure out how she changed the texture of her hair.
    There are all kinds of ways to change the texture of hair. To me it looks like a perm. Amazing that she could pass herself as biracial by simply changing her hair.
    Just my opinion

Hmm, I wonder if she paid this man? Or I wonder if he conveniently had to cancel last minute ? Strange story........

https://www.facebook.com/spokane.naa...message_bubble

“I was wondering if your dad really is an African American man,” Jeff Humphrey of KXLY4 asked Dolezal.

“That’s a very … I mean, I don’t know what you’re implying,” Dolezal said.

“Are you African American?” Humphrey said.

“I don’t understand the question,” Dolezal said. She walked off-camera as Humphrey asked: “Are your parents, are they white?”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...-may-be-white/

Lawrence and Ruthanne Dolezal, a Christian couple who adopted four young children — two of whom are black — while Rachel was a teenager, said her decision to misrepresent her racial background, if that’s what she’s doing, may be related to her family and social justice work.

When Rachel applied to Howard University to study art with a portfolio of “exclusively African American portraiture,” the university “took her for a black woman” and gave her a full scholarship.
    It's my opinion if no link provided.

Misspellings due to fat fingers

Words matter.

You don't know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if she paid this man? Or I wonder if he conveniently had to cancel last minute ? Strange story........

https://www.facebook.com/spokane.naa...message_bubble
    There was a movie (maybe even more than one) about a white college student pretending to be African-American to get a scholarship.
    Last edited by jjenny; 06-12-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    Just my opinion

Anyone can be a civil rights activist and there are many civil rights. But in the job description for NAACP positions, is being a certain percentage of Black African required? I really don't know. I can say I would assume a person working there is black, but is it a requirement? It sounds like she lied to get scholarship money. Are their other crimes she committed by lying about her race?
    To me, if I looked at a picture of her without any story, I believe her by appearance to be Caucasian.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    There was a movie (maybe even more than one) about a white college student pretending to be African-American to get a scholarship. This woman got into Howard University on scholarship. Life imitating art.
    I loved that movie! C. Thomas Howell, Rae Dawn Chong, Julie Louis-Dreyfuss.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

That's the thing-- we will have to see how many lies she racks up now that it is known she is white.

Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast