WA - Civil rights activist Rachel Dolezal pretending to be black, parents say #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
City's NAACP leader accused of falsifying race
CHQN5jFUYAAW1OT.jpg

Controversy has erupted over the racial identity of an NAACP leader in Washington state, after her parents told media outlets that their daughter is white and has been pretending to be black for years.

Rachel Dolezal, 37, is president of the civil rights organization’s Spokane chapter and teaches African studies at Eastern Washington University.

Lawrence and Ruthanne Dolezal, a white couple from Montana, have said in interviews that they are her biological parents. Rachel Dolezal has described herself publicly as biracial and has posted photos of herself online with a black man she identified as her father.

"Our daughter is Caucasian" say parents of Spokane NAACP President Rachel Dolezal.

http://news.yahoo.com/civil-rights-...ding-to-be-black--parents-say-142027280.html#
[video=youtube;oKRj_h7vmMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRj_h7vmMM[/video]

This is ridiculous. She called cops about hate crimes at her homes in CDA, ID. I wonder if she can be arrested for false reporting? Or maybe she never even called the cops and lied about that too.

Is that a wig? Perm? Im trying to figure out how she changed the texture of her hair.

Her mother said on an interview that they are extensions. LOL

Dolezal avoided answering questions about her ethnicity, which she called a “multilayered” issue, in a conversation with The Spokesman-Review.

“That question is not as easy as it seems,” she told the local paper. “There’s a lot of complexities… and I don’t know that everyone would understand that.”

Well but what an adorable way to dismiss lies that you got caught for :D

they're just complexities that other people are too dumb to understand

This is ridiculous. She called cops about hate crimes at her homes in CDA, ID. I wonder if she can be arrested for false reporting? Or maybe she never even called the cops and lied about that too.

She claims 8 reports but this reporter, that has done some serious investigating of her, could only find 3. She was also on a police accountability board. Interesting tweets and links from her. https://twitter.com/MelissaKXLY4

Is that a wig? Perm? Im trying to figure out how she changed the texture of her hair.

There are all kinds of ways to change the texture of hair. To me it looks like a perm. Amazing that she could pass herself as biracial by simply changing her hair.

“I was wondering if your dad really is an African American man,” Jeff Humphrey of KXLY4 asked Dolezal.

“That’s a very … I mean, I don’t know what you’re implying,” Dolezal said.

“Are you African American?” Humphrey said.

“I don’t understand the question,” Dolezal said. She walked off-camera as Humphrey asked: “Are your parents, are they white?”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-naacp-president-rachel-dolezal-may-be-white/

Lawrence and Ruthanne Dolezal, a Christian couple who adopted four young children — two of whom are black — while Rachel was a teenager, said her decision to misrepresent her racial background, if that’s what she’s doing, may be related to her family and social justice work.

When Rachel applied to Howard University to study art with a portfolio of “exclusively African American portraiture,” the university “took her for a black woman” and gave her a full scholarship.

Anyone can be a civil rights activist and there are many civil rights. But in the job description for NAACP positions, is being a certain percentage of Black African required? I really don't know. I can say I would assume a person working there is black, but is it a requirement? It sounds like she lied to get scholarship money. Are their other crimes she committed by lying about her race?
To me, if I looked at a picture of her without any story, I believe her by appearance to be Caucasian.

There was a movie (maybe even more than one) about a white college student pretending to be African-American to get a scholarship. This woman got into Howard University on scholarship. Life imitating art.

I loved that movie! C. Thomas Howell, Rae Dawn Chong, Julie Louis-Dreyfuss.

That's the thing-- we will have to see how many lies she racks up now that it is known she is white.

I gottat tell you that this is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. She is pretending to be black because.........

If you believe in civil rights and equality for all, Then just fight the good fight and be a white advocate.. To pretend you are black kind of slaps the cause in the face...

I just don't get this one. She is a loon. How can you not think people would figure this out?!

She is nuts.

Anyone can be a civil rights activist and there are many civil rights. But in the job description for NAACP positions, is being a certain percentage of Black African required? I really don't know. I can say I would assume a person working there is black, but is it a requirement? It sounds like she lied to get scholarship money. Are their other crimes she committed by lying about her race?
To me, if I looked at a picture of her without any story, I believe her by appearance to be Caucasian.

Some biracial people look Caucasian, so I can see how people could have believed when she claimed she had a black father.

I saw the answer to my question. The NAACP says being black is not a requirement for her job. But if she committed any theft by deception or other crimes where the statute has not run, she should be held accountable.

Being black is not a requirement. But LYING seems a bit . well, DISHONEST.

And she received a scholarship to Howard University, in which the assumed she was an AA student. That seems a bit hinky, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member