1206 users online (230 members and 976 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Beverly Ribley, 29, Spring Valley, 27 April 1975

NamUs

Doe Network

San Diego County Sheriff’s Department

Charley Project

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    • Missing Since: April 27, 1975 from Spring Valley, California
    • Classification: Endangered Missing
    • Date of Birth: April 24, 1946
    • Height and Weight: 5'4, 100 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Ribley may use the last name Holman.
    • Clothing/Jewelry Description: A multicolored nightgown. Carrying a brown leather purse with a shoulder strap.

Details of Disappearance
    Ribley was last seen at her home in the 2400 block of Trace Road in Spring Valley, California at 10:30 p.m. on April 27, 1975. She has never been heard from again. Although there is no hard evidence of foul play in her case, it's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her case remains unsolved.

Cold Case: Beverly Jean Ribley Missing Since 1975

such an open-ended and vague "last seen" entry...at her own home...seen inside or outside? by family, friend, relative, neighbor? she ever seen leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whistler View Post
    such an open-ended and vague "last seen" entry...at her own home...seen inside or outside? by family, friend, relative, neighbor? she ever seen leaving?
    Completely agree. She was wearing a nightgown but carrying a purse? At home?

Ribley is her married name. She was Beverly Jean Holman, born April 24 1946 in Wichita, Kansas and married Jim Ribley 30 September 1969 in San Diego County, Ca. They separated in 1974 but were not divorced when she disappeared. All of this information comes from Ancestry which has the Holman family tree, including a photo of her, her husband and her father and stepmother after the wedding. Her mother died in 1960 and her father in 1993. The parents were actually adoptive parents as her real mother was the sister of her adoptive mother. The Ancestry tree also includes pics of 1975 newspaper clippings about the disappearance but they do not add anything. The tree states that her husband had her declared dead for legal reasons. Oddly the California Death Index ( https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VPNN-VHR) gives her date of death as 22 April 1975 although she was only reported missing (by the parents) on 27 April.

I believe her husband was James Roger Ribley (the marriage record gives James R Ribley). Assuming this is the case he remarried in 1984 to Stephanie Ann Farley in Nevada. He was born 1946 in Ohio so much the same age as Beverly. He still seems to be in California with his second wife and there is little about him online.

Bumping for Beverly
    "...And the villagers never liked you
    They are dancing and stamping on you
    They always knew it was you."

Sylvia Plath

Attached is an article from around the time of her disappearance. The "last seen" was actually a "last heard on the telephone" it seems.RIBLEY_BEVERLY_19750515.pdf

The California death index on Ancestry has her dying 5 days before she went missing. I guess that's the day the husband gave when he declared her dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel85 View Post
    The California death index on Ancestry has her dying 5 days before she went missing. I guess that's the day the husband gave when he declared her dead?
    That is weird. Maybe there was some significance to that date or maybe there was a reason he didn't want her legal date of death to be on the day she was reported missing... Maybe a family member's birthday or something? I have no idea, that is only a wild guess on my part because I can't come up with any other reason why the date of death would be before she was even reported missing... Unless it was an error. Or unless she was reported missing after she was already dead and someone knows more than they are saying... Jmo

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk