CA CA - Corona, Wht/Hsp Fem UP6964, 35-50, hits by cars on I-15, Sep'09

tifflee

Reaction score
I'm not good with post mortem photos so seeking some opinions here. Does anyone see a resemblance between this UID:

Warning! Post mortem photo at this NamUs link
: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6964

and this missing person? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sewell_lorileigh.html

I'm a bit thrown off because Charley Project lists NamUs as a source, but I can't find this missing person's profile up. Presumably she was found and the NamUs profile taken down?

For those who don't want to click on the UID's NamUs link, here is her sketch next to the missing person's photographs:

sewell_lorileigh.jpg
sewell_lorileigh2.jpg

Things that caught my eye:
  • Race, age range, and weight seemed within plausible ranges.
  • The MP may be homeless while the UID may be a transient.
  • The UID had a slight mustache and there might be a hint of one in the MP's photographs.
  • The MP was last seen June 2, 2008 while the UID was struck by cars on September 20, 2009.

Things that are a stretch:
  • The MP's profile is no longer up on NamUs.
  • The MP disappeared from Greensboro, NC while the UID was found in Corona, CA.

It almost looks like the MP doesn't have any of her teeth but it could just be the shape of her mouth. I think there is a pretty strong resemblance between them though.

Wish there was a front instead of above view to see if her nose is crooked.

Also lori has a court case here: http://www.courtsentry.com/arrest+or+warrants/Lorileigh+Sewell .. i don't know what date cause I don't want to join.

They do look very similar.

On the namus page under clothing it says "Light blue denim pants (Gloria Vanderbilt size 12) "

Wouldn't those be really spendy pants? ( I don't know anything about fashion..)

I think the nose is really similar. It is crooked to the right on the body found (nose a bit swollen though but you can clearly see it on the sketch) and the pictures of Lorileigh. It looks like a good match ... As you said, the distance between Corona and Greensboro is impressive, but it wouldn't be surprising as she has a history of disapearing and making a new life somewhere else.

On the namus page under clothing it says "Light blue denim pants (Gloria Vanderbilt size 12) "

Wouldn't those be really spendy pants? ( I don't know anything about fashion..)
On the Riverside County Coroner's Office page for the UID, it says:
She appeared unkempt with mismatched clothing and unwashed hair and nails.
Perhaps the name brand pants were donated?

Also, I found at least one photograph for the MP that is labeled a "mugshot." If she's been fingerprinted locally in NC, would those be in the system for out-of-state hits? The UID's Coroner's Page says:
No one has inquired about her and her fingerprints were submitted for identification with negative results.
I'm not familiar with how fingerprint systems work in the U.S. at the local, county, state, and national levels.

Similar, but I doubt the same person. The natural eyebrow shape is different. I think the UID is definitely Hispanic.

Looks very close to me, and worth submitting just in case!

Judging by the post mortem the UID and Lorileigh do look quite similar. It can't hurt to submit it.

I didn't see an email contact to submit to, so I submitted via the Doe Network - we'll see how that goes! Thank you everyone for the opinions!

I'm not enough of a master to make a proper reconstruction but I cleaned her up a little and gave her opened eyes.

Attachments

• openeyes.png
    openeyes.png
    874 KB · Views: 5

#2009-06926​

Unidentified Victim Details​

Unidentified ID:U09-218
Race:Caucasian to include Hispanic
Place Found / Died:Died at the El Cerrito Road off ramp of I-15 freeway, El Cerrito, CA.
Date Died or Found: September 21, 2009
Estimated Age:It is believed that this woman was between 40 and 50 years of age.
Hair / Eyes:Light to medium-brown, wavy hair and brown eyes.
Hair Length:Her hair was below her shoulders.
Height / Weight:5 feet 1 inch (61 inches) and 117 pounds
Location of Incident:The location of her injury is the same as her death, on the I-15 freeway, Riverside County.
Features or Distinguishing Marks:No scars, tattoos or disfigurements were noted to her body. She appeared unkempt with mismatched clothing and unwashed hair and nails.
Clothing:She was wearing light blue denim pants (Levi-style) size 12 with the pant legs rolled up, a gray T-shirt with no markings (size large), white and blue Avia sneakers (size 10) and white socks. She had no identification, purse, or personal items with her.
Circumstances:This woman was struck by multiple vehicles as she attempted to cross a freeway off ramp in the early morning hours. No one has inquired about her and her fingerprints were submitted for identification with negative results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back