GUILTY MN - Sophia O'Neill, 2, stomped to death, Minneapolis, 10 June 2015

SCHMAE

Reaction score
This is a gruesome case. I'm just heartbroken for what this baby went through and that her dad tried to get help months ago.

''A 17-year-old boy was being held in the Hennepin County juvenile detention center Thursday night in connection with an investigation into the death of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old daughter.''

''The child’s biological father, Max O’Neill, said in an interview late Thursday that his daughter, Sophia O’Neill, died of internal bleeding. O’Neill said doctors at Hennepin County Medical Center told him the toddler had suffered a ruptured kidney and pancreas. The father said he had seen injuries on his child previously that he suspected were the result of abuse and reported them to authorities.''

http://www.startribune.com/2-year-o...lis-dies-at-hcmc-juvenile-arrested/307011671/

Sophia+O'Neil.jpg

sophia-oneill-death.jpg

This link lists the perp's name but some of the others have not because he's not been charged as an adult yet.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/06/15/murder-charges-expected-in-2-year-olds-death/

''...*advertiser censored**-B*** babysat the victim many times. On Wednesday, June 10, he went to a neighbor and asked if he could use the phone, saying Sophia wasn’t feeling well. He told the neighbor that when she woke from a nap, she was staggering and almost fell.
Feran-Baum then took the neighbor’s cell phone back to the residence – his grandparent’s house – and returned 5 to 10 minutes later with the victim in his arms. He then asked if he could get a ride to the hospital, the complaint said.''

ChildDeathSouthMinneapolis.jpg

17-Year-Old Accused of Kicking, Stomping on Toddler

What an absolute doll :(

View attachment 76407

This link lists the perp's name but some of the others have not because he's not been charged as an adult yet.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/06/15/murder-charges-expected-in-2-year-olds-death/

''...*advertiser censored**-B*** babysat the victim many times. On Wednesday, June 10, he went to a neighbor and asked if he could use the phone, saying Sophia wasn’t feeling well. He told the neighbor that when she woke from a nap, she was staggering and almost fell.
Feran-Baum then took the neighbor’s cell phone back to the residence – his grandparent’s house – and returned 5 to 10 minutes later with the victim in his arms. He then asked if he could get a ride to the hospital, the complaint said.''

How ironic that his censored name makes me think of other words that begin with F and B.. He's a F* B* alright !!! :banghead::banghead:

Another beautiful baby killed by some loser... Disgusting. Why do people do this to these babies? I just cannot imagine.

Called authorities? Straight to the ER, camera taking pictures, ER Doc calling police, who will respond to the hospital sooner than later. Then a lawyer to switch custody and get supervised visitation.

What prevents people from acting?

<<snipped>>
Sophia died after being rushed to Hennepin County Medical Center on Wednesday, less than a day after the kicking-and-stomping incident at Feran-Baum’s grandmother’s south Minneapolis home, where he lived, and where Sophia and her mother had been staying temporarily.

The teen nervously tapped his feet as he sat with family members Monday in juvenile court. During that hearing, the judge declined to release him from detention because of the seriousness of the crime.

County Attorney Mike Freeman said his office will seek to have Feran-Baum, who will turn 18 at the end of next month, tried as an adult.

Read more at ...

http://www.startribune.com/charges-expected-monday-in-death-of-minneapolis-2-year-old/307380571/

WARNING: Graphic injuries

I saw this in the news earlier today. What an absolute monster. :mad:

A two year old hurts so much she can't stand to be touched and her Mom did not take her to the hospital immediately? Plus she has a fever? I guess it could have been the flu with all the aches and pains, but I am finding it hard to believe there was no other sign of being beaten - literally to death.

Right, the suffering of that poor young girls fills me with anguish and anger.

So let me say this.

Firstly, I don't care if this toe rag had no serious convictions beforehand. He seems to have made up for that now by beating a two year old girl to death. And there seems to be evidence that he punched her in the face on an earlier occasion too.

Secondly, I don't care how much his relatives love him. More shame on them considering what he has done. If anyone close to me ever beats a two year old child to death I don't care how much I previously loved that person. He or she would immediately be dead to me.

Thirdly, the girl's mother was dating this , whilst the girl in her last hours was hurting so bad that she felt terrible pain just to be touched or picked up. And she never thought this was serious enough to take her to the hospital as a medical emergency? Are you kidding me? I suspect she was more concerned with protecting her boyfriend than she was with the welfare of her child - or at least was ambivalent enough to procrastinate and delay. Had the child been given the medical attention so clearly necessary much sooner, she might have stood at least some chance of having her poor young life saved. Her mother ought to face charges of criminal neglect.

Fourthly, and more generally, I don't think that anyone responsible for the brutal killing of a young child through deliberate violence should ever be allowed outside a prison ever again. LWOP ought to be automatic upon conviction in such cases.

I do kind of suspect that he may possibly find out what it feels like to be beaten to a pulp whilst in jail. And whilst I disapprove of vigilante justice generally, I cannot deny the feeling that there would be some natural karmic justice if that were to happen. I'd have zero sympathy for the certainly.

***Warning-graphic***

He said he tried to stop her crying by putting her in timeout, feeding her and laying her down, but “she kept screaming and screaming.” He then put Sophia in a corner and kicked her in the back, the charges say.

After that he stomped her.

Why was she screaming and screaming for 90 minutes before he beat her I wonder? The possibilities make me want to put my head between my knees.

As to why Dad didnt take her to the ER call police etc...IDK but I can imagine that we are dealing with 3 very very immature people here. Dad thought he did the right thing-document, document, call CPS.

Many people believe that.

FWIW, dont believe it. Call 911. Always. Let LE sort it out, let LE make the call to CPS. File a police report on behalf of your child. jmvho.

ETA: At least he confessed it. I always wonder how family sorts out the fact that their loved one confessed to a crime? In this case, the family says they dont believe it. Really?

***Warning-graphic***

After that he stomped her.

Why was she screaming and screaming for 90 minutes before he beat her I wonder? The possibilities make me want to put my head between my knees.

As to why Dad didnt take her to the ER call police etc...IDK but I can imagine that we are dealing with 3 very very immature people here. Dad thought he did the right thing-document, document, call CPS.

Many people believe that.

FWIW, dont believe it. Call 911. Always. Let LE sort it out, let LE make the call to CPS. File a police report on behalf of your child. jmvho.

ETA: At least he confessed it. I always wonder how family sorts out the fact that their loved one confessed to a crime? In this case, the family says they dont believe it. Really?

I doubt if she screamed for 90 minutes PRIOR to being struck. According to her Dad, she's been hit before and so a child who's hit often tries to NOT anger their abuser. Even at 2 yrs old, she would be trying her best not to anger him. It's BS. It's sickening.

Really reveals a serious level of lack of responsibility, accountability, and seriousness given to this poor child's MURDER by the perp's own family for them to think there was even a remote possibility of him being released under home supervision/monitoring - to the home where they all resided and yet never spoke up to report and/or protect this child. IMO, there is a history here in regards to the accepted use of physical "discipline" toward a child in this home - this $h!# doesn't happen in a vacuum. They knew and they should all be arrested for failing to protect this child!

MOO ~

A two year old hurts so much she can't stand to be touched and her Mom did not take her to the hospital immediately? Plus she has a fever? I guess it could have been the flu with all the aches and pains, but I am finding it hard to believe there was no other sign of being beaten - literally to death.

bbm
Indeed, Cricket. Some of us who have had children in our care may be able to recall when a 2-3-4-5 y/o, etc., has an injury and when we touch it, accidentally or in trying to see where the injury is, the child screams in a way that we know that something is seriously wrong. With us, it was when our son was about 4 and had been in the next-door neighbor's front yard -- we were about 30 feet away from him -- and he was running around and fell. We were in our front yard & my DH heard a "snap" when he fell. He was crying in that certain this-really-hurts way. To the ER we went, and after x-rays, the Doc said he had a hairline fracture of his fibula (legbone) which was very common for soccer injuries. (No soccer here, but he fell onto his fibula and cracked it.) Long & short, after casting, he was fine & in no pain.

All this to say that as a caring and attentive parent, you know when their cry is different, you just know.

Grrrrrr.

Absolutely sickening!

Sophia was like a little doll, her picture is heartbreaking :(
We just keep hearing the same story time and time again. Mums boyfriend/partner hurts or kills the child.
It's never ending!

Rip sweetie, your safe from harm now :rose:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member