1170 users online (252 members and 918 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

MN - Sophia O'Neill, 2, stomped to death, mom's BF charged, 10 June 2015

This is a gruesome case. I'm just heartbroken for what this baby went through and that her dad tried to get help months ago.

''A 17-year-old boy was being held in the Hennepin County juvenile detention center Thursday night in connection with an investigation into the death of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old daughter.''

''The child’s biological father, Max O’Neill, said in an interview late Thursday that his daughter, Sophia O’Neill, died of internal bleeding. O’Neill said doctors at Hennepin County Medical Center told him the toddler had suffered a ruptured kidney and pancreas. The father said he had seen injuries on his child previously that he suspected were the result of abuse and reported them to authorities.''

http://www.startribune.com/2-year-ol...ted/307011671/

Sophia+O'Neil.jpg

Why didn't they act ? I am not posting the details of her death. If you're able to , see the links.

''Hennepin County child protection officials were made aware early last year of a potentially unsafe living arrangement for the 2-year-old girl who died in south Minneapolis this week under suspicious circumstances, according to the girl’s father and former neighbors.''

http://www.startribune.com/charges-m...lis/307126671/

sophia-oneill-death.jpg

This link lists the perp's name but some of the others have not because he's not been charged as an adult yet.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/0...ar-olds-death/

''...F***-B*** babysat the victim many times. On Wednesday, June 10, he went to a neighbor and asked if he could use the phone, saying Sophia wasn’t feeling well. He told the neighbor that when she woke from a nap, she was staggering and almost fell.
    Feran-Baum then took the neighbor’s cell phone back to the residence – his grandparent’s house – and returned 5 to 10 minutes later with the victim in his arms. He then asked if he could get a ride to the hospital, the complaint said.''

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

No words!

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    sophia-oneill-death.jpg

This link lists the perp's name but some of the others have not because he's not been charged as an adult yet.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/0...ar-olds-death/

''...F***-B*** babysat the victim many times. On Wednesday, June 10, he went to a neighbor and asked if he could use the phone, saying Sophia wasn’t feeling well. He told the neighbor that when she woke from a nap, she was staggering and almost fell.
    Feran-Baum then took the neighbor’s cell phone back to the residence – his grandparent’s house – and returned 5 to 10 minutes later with the victim in his arms. He then asked if he could get a ride to the hospital, the complaint said.''
    How ironic that his censored name makes me think of other words that begin with F and B.. He's a F* B* alright !!!
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Another beautiful baby killed by some loser... Disgusting. Why do people do this to these babies? I just cannot imagine.

Called authorities? Straight to the ER, camera taking pictures, ER Doc calling police, who will respond to the hospital sooner than later. Then a lawyer to switch custody and get supervised visitation.

What prevents people from acting?
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

MN - Sophia O’Neill, 2, Stomped to Death by Teenage Caretaker

<<snipped>>
    Sophia died after being rushed to Hennepin County Medical Center on Wednesday, less than a day after the kicking-and-stomping incident at Feran-Baum’s grandmother’s south Minneapolis home, where he lived, and where Sophia and her mother had been staying temporarily.

The teen nervously tapped his feet as he sat with family members Monday in juvenile court. During that hearing, the judge declined to release him from detention because of the seriousness of the crime.

County Attorney Mike Freeman said his office will seek to have Feran-Baum, who will turn 18 at the end of next month, tried as an adult.
    Read more at ...

http://www.startribune.com/charges-e...old/307380571/

WARNING: Graphic injuries
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

I saw this in the news earlier today. What an absolute monster.

A two year old hurts so much she can't stand to be touched and her Mom did not take her to the hospital immediately? Plus she has a fever? I guess it could have been the flu with all the aches and pains, but I am finding it hard to believe there was no other sign of being beaten - literally to death.

This guy is dead meat when he gets to prison.

Right, the suffering of that poor young girls fills me with anguish and anger.

So let me say this.

Firstly, I don't care if this toe rag had no serious convictions beforehand. He seems to have made up for that now by beating a two year old girl to death. And there seems to be evidence that he punched her in the face on an earlier occasion too.

Secondly, I don't care how much his relatives love him. More shame on them considering what he has done. If anyone close to me ever beats a two year old child to death I don't care how much I previously loved that person. He or she would immediately be dead to me.

Thirdly, the girl's mother was dating this POS, whilst the girl in her last hours was hurting so bad that she felt terrible pain just to be touched or picked up. And she never thought this was serious enough to take her to the hospital as a medical emergency? Are you kidding me? I suspect she was more concerned with protecting her POS boyfriend than she was with the welfare of her child - or at least was ambivalent enough to procrastinate and delay. Had the child been given the medical attention so clearly necessary much sooner, she might have stood at least some chance of having her poor young life saved. Her mother ought to face charges of criminal neglect.

Fourthly, and more generally, I don't think that anyone responsible for the brutal killing of a young child through deliberate violence should ever be allowed outside a prison ever again. LWOP ought to be automatic upon conviction in such cases.

I do kind of suspect that he may possibly find out what it feels like to be beaten to a pulp whilst in jail. And whilst I disapprove of vigilante justice generally, I cannot deny the feeling that there would be some natural karmic justice if that were to happen. I'd have zero sympathy for the POS certainly.
    "You can't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    <<snipped>>

Read more at ...

http://www.startribune.com/charges-e...old/307380571/

WARNING: Graphic injuries
    I'm so angry all I will do is echo my earlier post, F* B*

***Warning-graphic***

He said he tried to stop her crying by putting her in timeout, feeding her and laying her down, but “she kept screaming and screaming.” He then put Sophia in a corner and kicked her in the back, the charges say.
    After that he stomped her.

Why was she screaming and screaming for 90 minutes before he beat her I wonder? The possibilities make me want to put my head between my knees.

As to why Dad didnt take her to the ER call police etc...IDK but I can imagine that we are dealing with 3 very very immature people here. Dad thought he did the right thing-document, document, call CPS.

Many people believe that.

FWIW, dont believe it. Call 911. Always. Let LE sort it out, let LE make the call to CPS. File a police report on behalf of your child. jmvho.

ETA: At least he confessed it. I always wonder how family sorts out the fact that their loved one confessed to a crime? In this case, the family says they dont believe it. Really?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast