WA - Ian W. Moore, 30, for sexual assault of 5 yr old at daycare, Normandy Park, 2015

TweekTweak

Reaction score
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...ployee-suspected-of-child-rape-307411231.html

NORMANDY PARK, Wash. - Police have arrested a Normandy Park day care teacher who is suspected of sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl at the facility.

The teacher, identified in court documents as Ian W. Moore, 30, of Kent, was arrested Friday after an investigation found evidence that he had groped the little girl after school.

The investigation began June 9 after police were notified by Child Protective Services of possible sex abuse of a child at the Kid's Country Day Care in the 17800 block of 1st Avenue South, said Normandy Park Police Chief Chris Gaddis.

The girl's father told investigators that he had come into the classroom June 5 to find his daughter and Moore crouched behind a bookshelf, according to court documents.

Moore told the father that they were having a "tickle fight." But after leaving the day care, the girl told her father that Moore had reached inside her underpants and touched her inappropriately, court files say. The father reported the incident to the day care provider, which self-reported the allegations to Child Protective Services.

The girl, described as "bright and articulate" in court documents, was interviewed on Friday and described the abuse in detail to investigators.

Moore was also questioned. He did not deny touching the girl but said it was accidental, according to the case file.

He was booked into the King County Jail for investigation of first-degree child rape and put on immediate leave at the day care facility.

The investigation continues and could take weeks to complete as more interviews are conducted, Gaddis said.

Kid's Country Day Care, which opened in 2001, is licensed to handle up to 158 children between the ages of 1 month and 12 years old, according to the state Department of Early Learning. Spokesperson Justin Montermini says since Moore is no longer involved in care and there are a number of families who rely on the facility and because the daycare is working with the state to develop a health and safety plan, the state is allowing the facility to remain open.

Montermini says Moore passed a background check, which is the only way he was allowed to be alone with the children.

:furious: I hate this guy.

I have great respect (and so many good vibes!) for the little girl, however, for being able to describe in detail what the offender did. I have always believed that one of the most effective ways to protect children from abuse is to teach them about personal boundaries and privacy from an early age and encourage them to speak out in uncomfortable situations.

The article makes it clear that he has never been charged with a crime of this nature, but all this means is that he has never been caught in the act, and indeed he may have previously abused other children who did not speak up. Background checks cannot be trusted as the end-all be-all of someone's moral fiber. Plenty of individuals commit crimes and are never caught - especially child molesters.

That's all I have to say. I'm going to go fume now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back