947 users online (158 members and 789 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

VA - Springfield, Female body in Huntsman Lake, Jun'15 - Leslie Brassfield

The body of a woman was found floating face down by a kayaker in Huntsman Lake near Huntsman Boulevard and Fairfax County Parkway in Springfield, Virginia around 1pm Sunday June 14, 2015. She was wearing blue jeans and a gray tank top.

The person was clearly dead and had been here for some time," Fairfax County Police Department spokeswoman Lucy Caldwell said. "Are there any missing adults? Has anybody called-in today or recently, regarding somebody that might be missing...? That's where [our detectives] begin and then they'll go from there."
    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/06...ixzz3dD82DWsn*
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Thanks for starting thread zwiebel!
    Will start looking for missing women from the area.

Good luck dotr, something creepy has been going on around here. TOO many missing women!
    All my posts are my opinion only! Unless otherwise stated!

~Justice for all~

“If someone raises a dog to be aggressive it will be, no matter what breed it is.”

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Link-less

On Tuesday, Fairfax County Police identified the woman as Leslie P. Brassfield, 22, of Fairfax.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/06...#ixzz3dF86Sjhg
    Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

i was coming to post that... so she is identified. how sad

I came across this sad information, when my friend informed me, that her grand-daughter's body was found in Huntman's Lake, VA. Very very sad. I have to believe that it was a homicide and will continue to try to find more information to share with my friend. :'(aHummel3124.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MDmom View Post
    I came across this sad information, when my friend informed me, that her grand-daughter's body was found in Huntman's Lake, VA. Very very sad. I have to believe that it was a homicide and will continue to try to find more information to share with my friend. :'(aHummel3124.jpg
    Welcome to Ws MDmom!
    Sorry for the sad loss of this young woman, hope answers are found soon.

This is the general location. I couldn't find a specific address anywhere. https://goo.gl/maps/OFsVC

There's a shopping plaza with Starbucks and a grocery store on the corner of Huntsman Boulevard and Fairfax County Parkway. The area seems to be mostly residential, with a lot of treed land around several streams and small lakes.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by MDmom View Post
    Welcome aboard Ws MDmom. We are here for you.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)