1252 users online (216 members and 1036 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
    Just got the courage to come read here. When I finished I just held my baby girl close and cuddled her. Life is so precious, and I think it's so easy to forget just how precious it is in the chaos of day to day life. My heart breaks a thousand times over for all the victims, but Ashley truly suffered a tragedy that is unmeasurable. How she has the strength to go on amazes me, I am so proud that she hasn't let this selfish little boy take away everything from her. I am not sure I could be as strong. And to the victims that have let go of hate for him...it's just amazing. I can't imagine a sane person ever doing these acts, but he is sane I believe, which makes this so sick. How can ones purpose in life be to inflict pain and cause harm to our fellow people? How can that ever be a choice one makes? Like the church shooter...just so many whys? Out of all the emotions to feel in life, how an individual settles on hate I will never know. Hate is such a heavy burden, it makes you aloof and miserable. Why, when you only have this one life, this one chance, would you squander it in such a way?
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    My 16 year old son saw me crying at Ashley's testimony. He asked me why I continued to watch even though it made me cry. I told him that every victim deserves to be heard. No matter how sad or distressing it is. Without compassion what are we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bbm Exactly, Maisiebelle. Sometimes -- IMO 99% of the time -- all we can do is stand witness for these victims. Sometimes the crime occurs in a area close to us and we can do a few things, if allowed -- put up "Have you seen this person" posters, help with a search, attend the trial, etc., but often we cannot. But in our own way, we do what we can, hoping to equalize the evil just a little bit, at least.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by I'mjazzed View Post
    The Prosecution did a Fantastic job!!! They proved their case to me.
    GUILTY all the way!!!
    I don't even need to hear the Defense at this point.
    bbm

Yes, I agree -- the PT did a great job. I didn't see any weaknesses or holes in what they presented at all. Those who were at the theater that night went in there with so much, but they came out with so much less. Heart-breaking. And Ashley, oh my, oh my...

I was just thinking that I know I should listen to the defense's case, but I don't know if I can stand listening to some of them. How many days will it take? I'm gonna try to stick with it...

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    bbm

Yes, I agree -- the PT did a great job. I didn't see any weaknesses or holes in what they presented at all. Those who were at the theater that night went in there with so much, but they came out with so much less. Heart-breaking. And Ashley, oh my, oh my...

I was just thinking that I know I should listen to the defense's case, but I don't know if I can stand listening to some of them. How many days will it take? I'm gonna try to stick with it...
    Hiya BD, I'm going to try to stick with it and pay as much attention as I can to the defense's case, I believe they're projecting under two weeks so hopefully in two weeks the jury will have the case. I have a few mixed feelings, anyone would have to be insane to their core to plan and do what he did, but he planned it with such 'sanity' if you will - is he insane by legal standards? I doubt it, and also doubt it in the eyes of the jury, too much rational thinking in everything he did leading up to and committing this crime of such magnitude and destruction of so many lives.

Two notes of silliness (it's probably been mentioned, I can't be the only one who has thought so) the judge's voice reminds me of the "Stay thirsty, my friends" 'most interesting man in the world' beer commercial guy, and Brauchler (sp?) sounds like (and looks like from the rear) Anderson Cooper.

New thread

Link

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67