733 users online (91 members and 642 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

"Kennewick Man? Native American." -- DNA

Los Angeles Times:

Kennewick Man's DNA reveals he was a Native American, study says

DNA evidence shows that Kennewick Man was related to Native Americans living today, scientists said Thursday.

The discovery, reported in the journal Nature, marks the latest of many twists and turns in the saga of the ancient skeleton, which was unearthed in Washington State in 1996.

At the time, scientists were eager to study the specimen to learn more about the origins of early Americans. But Native Americans in the Northwest opposed the research on cultural and religious grounds and sought to block it — citing a 1990 law called the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act that required Native American remains and artifacts on federal lands to be returned to their tribes.

Scientists questioned the tribes' claim on the skeleton, arguing that features of the man's skull more closely resembled those found in people from Japan and Polynesia than those of modern Native Americans. In 2004, after nearly a decade in court, the tribes ultimately lost the dispute. Research continued on the bones. Ongoing studies of the cranium continued to conclude that Kennewick Man came from a different population than Native Americans.
    ---
    more at the links

Well of course he is.

I'm sure I'm being insensitive, but if laws prevent scientists from studying ancient remains, the laws need to be changed. Insisting a 9,000-year-old skeleton belonged to a member of the modern local tribe implies a nation and culture so secure and immobile they are unlike any yet found on the planet!

Army Corps Finally Agrees The Ancient One Is Native American, Will Return Home
    Read more at http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...rn-home-164319

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...rn-home-164319
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890