Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

windstorm

Reaction score
Springfield Mother, daughter missing, considered endangered
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/Mother-daughter-missing-considered-endangered/21048998_33578556

"SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - The Green County Sheriff's Office has issued an endangered person advisory for a mother and daughter. 48 year old Clauddinna Blancharde, who goes by "Dee Dee", and 19 year old Gypsy Blancharde haven't been seen since Wednesday.

Clauddinnea is five-feet one inch tall, weighs 255 pounds, and has brown hair and brown eyes. Both have medical issues, and Gypsy may require a wheelchair.
F23078332BD239DC5CDFEEBE93611B51_250_250.jpg

Springfield woman charged with murder of mother

http://www.komu.com/news/gypsy-blancharde-charged-with-murder-of-mother/

GREENE COUNTY - New court documents said Gypsy Blancharde, who was reported endangered and missing Sunday, was involved in the murder of her mother, Clauddinnea Blancharde.

Both Gypsy Blancharde, 23, and Nicholas Godejohn, 26, were charged Tuesday morning with first degree murder in the death of Clauddinnea Blancharde, 48. Mother and daughter had been reported missing since Sunday.

According to the probable cause statement, Godejohn, Gypsy Blancharde's boyfriend, traveled to Springfield, Missouri to see if Gypsy Blancharde was sure she wanted to kill her mother. The report says once Godejohn got approval, he stabbed Clauddinnea Blancharde multiple times in the back and neck while she was sleeping.

Thread #1

I am so conflicted.

I feel extremely sympathetic for Gypsy and then I don't and then I do again and then I don't.........

I wouldn't want to be a juror for this trial.

I have to go back to the beginning and reiterate that Gypsy did not have a choice when this all began. In fact, she didn't have a choice for most of it. She lived a lie perpetuated by her controlling, scamming, dominating mother who MUST have been mentally ill to some degree to do what has been done. Just because you're mentally ill doesn't mean you're stupid. Dee Dee had a good gig going. Shameful and disgusting.

Gypsy's entire life and being has been a lie. Her "self" has been created and moulded by a very sick woman for financial gain. What is real and what is not? What is truth and what are lies? What is right and what is wrong? The answers to these questions for Gypsy come from her mother. Brainwashing maybe....a bit of stockholm syndrome? Who knows. The one reality is that it's not NORMAL thinking.

Gypsy did not go to school. She did not have friends. She did what ever mother told her to do. She reached out over the internet when she was old enough to do so, but the damage was already done. She wanted to behave like a normal girl but didn't know how. The psych people on this site may disagree with me or have more input and I hope they help us understand Gypsy a bit more. She was unsocialized but that doesn't mean that she was stupid or unable to think and problem solve. However, her reality was, and is not, ours. What is reasonable to us, Gypsy wouldn't even think of. She is stunted emotionally, probably mentally and socially.

Every time she tried to run away her mother found her and brought her home. So if you're Gypsy how do you escape? What do you do? In desperation to have a boyfriend, children, a life, do you kill the person that has caused you to live the life you are now stuck in? If it means and end to the torment, the abuse, the isolation and "the only way out", I think that's a choice you make.

A wrong choice but a choice that makes sense to an isolated and abused person who sees no way out. Not a choice that most of us would make but I understand Gypsy's choice.

I almost wish she had killed her mother herself. It's easier to understand and accept. I think we struggle because she got someone else to do it and that shows us a level of conniving and manipulation which makes us think that she's not a victim.

But Gypsy really is a victim because the things her mother taught her all those years was how to lie, manipulate and get what you want by making people feel sorry for you so that they would do things for you. That's exactly what Gypsy did to get her BF to kill her mother. It's what she knows!

Gypsy was a good student.

I feel so sad about this case.

So -- Gypsy was home-schooled? Do we know this? One can't just not go to school. At least legally.

I don't know if Dee Dee use to drink or who her drinking partner would have been when Gypsy was 3 or 4 years old.

But to tell you the truth. It takes a drink and a couple of grams of Meth with a horrific upbringing to come up with the notion of faking or exaggerating your daughters health for financial and Muchassen by Proxy benefits.

Has Dee Dee ever displayed this behavior before Gypsy's birth.

It seems like she started it while living with others and escalated it when she was called out and forced to move on her own.

Jmo. Give Gypsy a pychiatric sentence.

Excellent post. I agree with you. The part I bolded about Gypsy learning to make people feel sorry for her is why I hope this case never goes to trial. I think she will be able to make at least one person on a jury feel sorry for her and acquit her, and she should not go free IMO. Even if we can understand why she would want her mother dead, Gypsy does not belong in society because she is so damaged. She is amoral IMO. I hope some psychologists will weigh in about whether she can be "fixed."

BBM

I am so conflicted.

I feel extremely sympathetic for Gypsy and then I don't and then I do again and then I don't.........

I wouldn't want to be a juror for this trial.

I have to go back to the beginning and reiterate that Gypsy did not have a choice when this all began. In fact, she didn't have a choice for most of it. She lived a lie perpetuated by her controlling, scamming, dominating mother who MUST have been mentally ill to some degree to do what has been done. Just because you're mentally ill doesn't mean you're stupid. Dee Dee had a good gig going. Shameful and disgusting.

Gypsy's entire life and being has been a lie. Her "self" has been created and moulded by a very sick woman for financial gain. What is real and what is not? What is truth and what are lies? What is right and what is wrong? The answers to these questions for Gypsy come from her mother. Brainwashing maybe....a bit of stockholm syndrome? Who knows. The one reality is that it's not NORMAL thinking.

Gypsy did not go to school. She did not have friends. She did what ever mother told her to do. She reached out over the internet when she was old enough to do so, but the damage was already done. She wanted to behave like a normal girl but didn't know how. The psych people on this site may disagree with me or have more input and I hope they help us understand Gypsy a bit more. She was unsocialized but that doesn't mean that she was stupid or unable to think and problem solve. However, her reality was, and is not, ours. What is reasonable to us, Gypsy wouldn't even think of. She is stunted emotionally, probably mentally and socially.

Every time she tried to run away her mother found her and brought her home. So if you're Gypsy how do you escape? What do you do? In desperation to have a boyfriend, children, a life, do you kill the person that has caused you to live the life you are now stuck in? If it means and end to the torment, the abuse, the isolation and "the only way out", I think that's a choice you make.

A wrong choice but a choice that makes sense to an isolated and abused person who sees no way out. Not a choice that most of us would make but I understand Gypsy's choice.

I almost wish she had killed her mother herself. It's easier to understand and accept. I think we struggle because she got someone else to do it and that shows us a level of conniving and manipulation which makes us think that she's not a victim.

But Gypsy really is a victim because the things her mother taught her all those years was how to lie, manipulate and get what you want by making people feel sorry for you so that they would do things for you. That's exactly what Gypsy did to get her BF to kill her mother. It's what she knows!

Gypsy was a good student.

I feel so sad about this case.

I don't know if Dee Dee use to drink or who her drinking partner would have been when Gypsy was 3 or 4 years old.

But to tell you the truth. It takes a drink and a couple of grams of Meth with a horrific upbringing to come up with the notion of faking or exaggerating your daughters health for financial and Muchassen by Proxy benefits.

Has Dee Dee ever displayed this behavior before Gypsy's birth.

It seems like she started it while living with others and escalated it when she was called out and forced to move on her own.

Jmo. Give Gypsy a pychiatric sentence.

Heck after catching up after work the last few evenings, I know I could use a drink or three!! I'm totally mind-f'd to say the least!!

Excellent post. I agree with you. The part I bolded about Gypsy learning to make people feel sorry for her is why I hope this case never goes to trial. I think she will be able to make at least one person on a jury feel sorry for her and acquit her, and she should not go free IMO. Even if we can understand why she would want her mother dead, Gypsy does not belong in society because she is so damaged. She is amoral IMO. I hope some psychologists will weigh in about whether she can be "fixed."

BBM

Lilibet. To tell you the truth. I think she can be fixed pretty quickly since she only went for help to kill her abuser of 18 plus years.

Now her boyfriend is different since he is easily manipulated by a female to do horrible things irregardless of their intentions.

So i think he needs to serve more mental time in a pysch ward than her.

She had her reasons to kill her 20 year abuser . But he is just too gullible for any female that states a problem that she needs to get rid of. Wether it's proven or not.

Jmo

Lilibet. To tell you the truth. I think she can be fixed pretty quickly since she only went for help to kill her abuser of 18 plus years.

Now her boyfriend is different since he is easily manipulated by a female to do horrible things irregardless of their intentions.

She had her reasons to kill her 20 year abuser . But he is just too gullible for any female that states a problem that she needs to get rid of. Wether it's proven or not.

Jmo

Agreed re: boyfriend. It also said they started dating after speaking online for 3 DAYS, and that he told her she was a perfect angel etc. Neither of them were all there to begin with.

Heck after catching up after work the last few evenings, I know I could use a drink or three!! I'm totally mind-f'd to say the least!!

Lol. Have one for me my good friend.

And give cheers to us working folks.

I salute.

I really think we're in danger of demonizing a murder victim at this point.

Jmo

I don't think she will kill again, Dexter. My concern with her being acquitted is that she would be turned loose with no psychiatric help. When you are raised to believe that it's OK to lie to get what you want, and are capable of pulling off this charade for years, you need fixing big time. I don't know how you fix amorality. She and Nicholas both need to be confined to a psychiatric facility for a long, long time IMO.

Agree. Every family member knew that Gypsy was up S.... creek once moms decided to exaggerate certain things while being suspected of poisoning her own mother in law and faking her own daughter's health since the age of 4. .

This means that the family needs to step up and support Gypsy since they closed a blind eye to what they suspected was going on. Even if they neglected to pay it no mind years before.

Agree. Every family member knew that Gypsy was up S.... creek once moms decided to exaggerate certain things while being suspected of poisoning her own mother in law and faking her own daughter's health since the age of 4. .

This means that the family needs to step up and support Gypsy since they closed a blind eye to what they suspected was going on. Even if they neglected to pay it no mind years before.

I actually find it interesting that they never reported the scamming to the Police. They knew she committed fraud via the credit scam and they knew (or so they say) she was exaggerating Gypsy's health to access support payments so why not turn her in? They became estranged because of all of this.

I read somewhere (so consider it rumor) that her Dad and stepmom will be coming to Springfield to see her as soon as she is brought back. I believe she has family support.

I disagree that they neglected to pay attention earlier. When they confronted DeeDee, she stopped contact, we've been told. That is a pattern with medically abusive mothers, so I believe it. Also, DeeDee was able to fool a LOT of doctors, charities and Habitat for Humanity. Who would believe her family if they had tried to out her earlier? JMO

I actually find it interesting that they never reported the scamming to the Police. They knew she committed fraud via the credit scam and they knew (or so they say) she was exaggerating Gypsy's health to access support payments so why not turn her in? They became estranged because of all of this.

She was charged with writing bad checks (linked on previous thread), so it's possible they did report her and nothing much came of it. DeeDee managed to fool a lot of people, even in NOLA. Why would anyone believe her family? JMO

Was the mother family of Gaelic/gypsy descent? There are always news stories about "Irish travelers" or gypsies that engage in fraud and theft. I can't help but wonder if perhaps Dee Dee learned this, behavior because maybe that's what her parents did?

It is common for irish travellets to suffer from galactosemia, due to genetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado