832 users online (174 members and 658 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Robert Hollis, 75, blind, decapitated, Inglewood, 18 June 2015

Robert Hollis

A blind man in his mid-70s was found beheaded in his Inglewood apartment Thursday afternoon. The suspect is on the loose, and the head has yet to be found, family members say.
    Robert Hollis was discovered in an apartment in the 800 block of Glenway Drive just before 1 p.m. yesterday by his son, family members told ABC 7.
    http://laist.com/2015/06/19/blind_70...nd_decapit.php
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This really angers me ... what the hell is wrong with people?

Having found a family member unexpectedly deceased, I just cannot imagine the horror of finding a body in that state.

RIP, Mr. Hollis. What a horrible crime! I pray this is not some Night Stalker wanna-be or a Danny Rollins nutcase (Tallahassee, Florida campus 1992, I think.) As soon as I read los's link, these two crazed killers immediately popped into my mind. Praying for this man's family.

O/T - los, your new "saying" about red, white, and blue under your avatar, makes me laugh out loud every time I see it! And I need it this week, for sure! Thanks!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

horrible. RIP Sir
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

What a shame. Such a sweet and happy looking man. May justice come quickly for you, Robert Hollis. Prayers for you and your loved ones.

I just saw a local news story on this. They interviewed a few residents of the apt building that are very upset with LE. They are saying the residents are getting no info from LE and don't know if they should be afraid of another resident or what.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I just saw a local news story on this. They interviewed a few residents of the apt building that are very upset with LE. They are saying the residents are getting no info from LE and don't know if they should be afraid of another resident or what.
    I haven't been near Inglewood in almost 25 years but even then it was not the most desirable place to live. I can totally understand the other residents' of the building being fearful, however, not knowing if this was a random crime or he was targeted for whatever reason. It is a horrible murder, compounded by the decapitation.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Hollis....praying for justice for you and your family.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

That poor man looked like a total sweetheart! How can people do things like this?

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    That's troubling, it's the same with the Russell and Shirley Dermond case, maybe there is NOTHING to tell, no evidence left behind, IDK............so puzzled by these 2, so similar, both on the far coast from the other, GA and CA, wow and wiriting that out is almost cryptic!...but one in may 2014 this one in june 2015..........and the other similarties how weird is that?!

Wow, i can't believe there is not more posts in regards to this case!

What barbarian committed this heinous deed?

I hope the monster is caught soon.

RIP Mr. Hollis
    "Is this the Briscoe dame? Listen, I see that brat 'a yours with that gun packer, Jones." - The Texas Tornado, 1928