CA - Robert Hollis, 75, blind, decapitated, Inglewood, 18 June 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Robert Hollis
beheaded.jpg

A blind man in his mid-70s was found beheaded in his Inglewood apartment Thursday afternoon. The suspect is on the loose, and the head has yet to be found, family members say.
Robert Hollis was discovered in an apartment in the 800 block of Glenway Drive just before 1 p.m. yesterday by his son, family members told ABC 7.
http://laist.com/2015/06/19/blind_70-year-old_man_found_decapit.php

Having found a family member unexpectedly deceased, I just cannot imagine the horror of finding a body in that state.

RIP, Mr. Hollis. What a horrible crime! I pray this is not some Night Stalker wanna-be or a Danny Rollins nutcase (Tallahassee, Florida campus 1992, I think.) As soon as I read los's link, these two crazed killers immediately popped into my mind. Praying for this man's family.

O/T - los, your new "saying" about red, white, and blue under your avatar, makes me laugh out loud every time I see it! And I need it this week, for sure! Thanks!

horrible. RIP Sir :(

What a shame. Such a sweet and happy looking man. May justice come quickly for you, Robert Hollis. Prayers for you and your loved ones.

I just saw a local news story on this. They interviewed a few residents of the apt building that are very upset with LE. They are saying the residents are getting no info from LE and don't know if they should be afraid of another resident or what.

I just saw a local news story on this. They interviewed a few residents of the apt building that are very upset with LE. They are saying the residents are getting no info from LE and don't know if they should be afraid of another resident or what.
I haven't been near Inglewood in almost 25 years but even then it was not the most desirable place to live. I can totally understand the other residents' of the building being fearful, however, not knowing if this was a random crime or he was targeted for whatever reason. It is a horrible murder, compounded by the decapitation.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Hollis....praying for justice for you and your family.
:rose:

That's troubling, it's the same with the Russell and Shirley Dermond case, maybe there is NOTHING to tell, no evidence left behind, IDK............so puzzled by these 2, so similar, both on the far coast from the other, GA and CA, wow and wiriting that out is almost cryptic!...but one in may 2014 this one in june 2015..........and the other similarties how weird is that?!

What barbarian committed this heinous deed?

I hope the monster is caught soon.

RIP Mr. Hollis

It's uncanny the similarities

Unfortunately there have been many murder victims who were decapitated.

I remember one case where the murderer was a stranger to the victims, even killing their dog, iirc, and he took the decapitated head, and dismembered bodies, and put them way up into a tall tree.

Then of course there is the infamous case of Robert Durst who decapitated his victims head. The jury found RD not guilty. So he has been getting away with murder for a long time imo. Lady Justice may be blind, but she can still smell old money. Imo

There was another case I mentioned in the Dermond forum where a serial killer always decapitated the head of his victims, and put them on his window sill.

I sure wish this case could be solved. It's horrible to live to his age, and then be horribly murdered.

Rarely do family members do decapitations so this one may be another one that is hard to solve for LE.

I'm a true crime junkie, who watches ID or OWN everyday, and it's so disheartening to realize just how many cases remain unsolved.

Imo, it's because more, and more strangers are doing brutal overkills, and abuse of the corpse afterwards, and LE can't find a familiar link between the victims and the murderers.

At one time overkills meant the victims most likely knew the suspect, but LE cant rely on that being the case any longer.

This man may have been murdered by someone high on drugs like meth. They are prone to extreme violence at the drop of a hat over the slightest things becoming raging sadistic monsters.

Jmo

BUI by me.......from this article.......“He wouldn’t answer the door unless he knew you,” Love said. “He won’t hurt a fly. No enemies. I guess he had one.”

Makes me think of Foxfire

He insisted it was someone paramilitary or in uniform

This does make perfect sense....The Dermonds were allegedly OCD about their alarm systems and this guy wouldnt anser the door if he didnt know you.

Why him? Why the Dermonds?

Im still not comfortable with some distancing language in interviews Ive heard in the D's case though and Hollis' family seems intent on finding answers and the killer..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back