DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Charging Document

DC Mansion Warrant

Return After Search of Ford

Return After Search of White Chevy

Search Warrant for BMW

Other Documents

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Attachments

• Case Players.jpg
    Case Players.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 494
I think confirming the identities of the victims to the public is different from knowing who they are. They needed to figure out the adult next of kin who could officially identify the victims. I have a hard time believing LE knew who lived in the house but believed someone other than the residents were the victims, especially when they didn't come forward within a few hours. I can see why it would take longer to identify VF, but her husband identified her pretty quickly.

We have gone back and forth on this. Everyone assumes because (1) it did turn out to be SS and (2) it was SS' home and his other family members were there, that everyone knew at the time that the body was SS. But I'm telling you they did not, or at least there was some uncertainty. It was the middle of the day -- would they assume SS was home? -- he was most likely in worker type clothes having been working at the dojo, and I don't know that he was that recognizable.

We are talking about a conversation with JW within a few hours of the fire. Family had most likely not have identified the bodies and, in any event, I remember at the press conference the next day a discussion of means other than family ID. I could be wrong about that. Even if they suspected it was SS, they would not have told JW.

I think JW texted Amy and did NOT call because if he called DW might pick up and he didn't want that to look suspicious but did want to pretend he didn't know Amy was home. This may be why he didn't call SS back. Perhaps he knew he was dead.
He may have tried to call both SS and AS and when the calls were not answered he decided to text Amy because he assumed she was not at the house. This would be consistent with his message.

Is longtime next door neighbors an exaggeration?

IMO JMO, if you deem as believable the clearly stated account of an investigative journalist who did deep research/interviews to determine that JW and DW lived feet away from each other for years, then, no, it's not an exaggeration. (Though the journalists article, of which he expounded on in his quote, is approved for this discussion, I don't know for sure if the specific link to his quote is approved, or I would include.)

<modsnip>

So, even if you take the simple public info loosely and leave open the possibility that the young men could come and go in the two apts, this info only supports (certainly doesn't conflict with) the journalist's determination.

<modsnip>

Coincidence? If so, a pretty strange one.

Is longtime next door neighbors an exaggeration?

IMO JMO, if you deem as believable the clearly stated account of an investigative journalist who did deep research/interviews to determine that JW and DW lived feet away from each other for years, then, no, it's not an exaggeration. (Though the journalists article, of which he expounded on in his quote, is approved for this discussion, I don't know for sure if the specific link to his quote is approved, or I would include.)

<modsnip>

So, even if you take the simple public info loosely and leave open the possibility that the young men could come and go in the two apts, this info only supports (certainly doesn't conflict with) the journalist's determination.

<modsnip>

Coincidence? If so, a pretty strange one.

It would be pretty stupid to hire a hit man that lived right next door to you, to be easily found in public records.

I messaged the moderator before posting this. I have only included information confirmed via the charging documents. Unless we have LE-verified information, we are leaving it off. If you think you have proof of someone's identity, please message the moderator so s/he can decide if it is sufficient to add it to our glossary. Thanks!

Slightly updated glossary/cast of characters
Case Players.jpg

It would be pretty stupid to hire a hit man that lived right next door to you, to be easily found in public records.
Not if you believed that the hostage holder's identity would never be discovered and therefore the connection would never be exposed.

But DW got hungry for pepperoni.

(I'm not jumping to the conclusion that it was a planned hit. Could be. But I would be far more easily convinced that JW enlisted the scariest guy he knew to hold the family so they could eek out as much money as possible, then things went awry.) IMO

Regardless of how much sense it makes or doesn't make for the murderer and the person who delivered the ransom to have that connection, it is still true. So either really stupid (if JW was involved) or an implausible coincidence (if JW was not).

I wonder when the world of GoKart racing became motive for murder?? LOL!!!

Let us hope that our society has NOT devolved to such an extent that finding "muscle" to participate in a violent home invasion presents as many choices as looking on Angie's list for a plumber!

I'm assuming that JW did not have a long list of associates to choose from...so he went with the choice he had available...to get the job done. Or they came to him after viewing all those tempting social media posts of the stuff his new Boss had.

I wonder when the world of GoKart racing became motive for murder?? LOL!!!

Greed and desperation have been motives for theft and murder (when people get in the way) since the beginning of time. And I don't think there is a perimeter on greed that wouldn't allow it to seep into any world, including the go-kart world, although JW was fired from that world and couldn't even afford it, so not even sure if it's applicable to call that his world.

Let us hope that our society has NOT devolved to such an extent that finding "muscle" to participate in a violent home invasion presents as many choices as looking on Angie's list for a plumber!

I'm assuming that JW did not have a long list of associates to choose from...so he went with the choice he had available...to get the job done. Or they came to him after viewing all those tempting social media posts of the stuff his new Boss had.

I totally agree. To pull off getting the most cash possible out of SS required: 1) a conduit to pick up the cash while covering for the situation so no one would get suspicious; and 2) a threatening person with brawn, no morals and nothing to lose.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

ADMIN NOTE

Please leave DW and JW's families out of the discussion. Thank you!

In the SW return of the house, I noticed they recovered food in addition to the pizza and crusts. I've been curious about that. Was it from the kitchen or somewhere else? Then on the SW return for the BMW, they recovered receipts for Arby's and Jimmy John's. Now I'm wondering if there is a connection?

Yeah I think they came to him

With this discussion back and forth on DW and JW, the money, and the red bag, something occurred to me. Why did the accountant just pull the money out of his pockets and hand it to JW? Why didn't he put it in a envelope and be more professional about it?

If JW was told to pick up a package and bring it to SS, four wads of money doesn't make a package. Perhaps SS figured his accountant would have the money sealed in an envelope. It does seem strange to hand that much loose money over to a kid. Yes, JW was/is still a kid - at his age he has no formal job skills or training and his interest is in a field that is out of his financial reach. JMO.

JW doesn't have pockets to put this money in as the accountant probably had a sports coat on, so he puts it in the red bag. After he finds out he is to leave the money in the car, he realizes he doesn't want to leave his red bag. At this point, he stops somewhere
to purchase the envelope.

He may have tried to call both SS and AS and when the calls were not answered he decided to text Amy because he assumed she was not at the house. This would be consistent with his message.

I think he texted because he feared DW and helpers might be dumb and pick up a call from him.

With this discussion back and forth on DW and JW, the money, and the red bag, something occurred to me. Why did the accountant just pull the money out of his pockets and hand it to JW? Why didn't he put it in a envelope and be more professional about it?

If JW was told to pick up a package and bring it to SS, four wads of money doesn't make a package. Perhaps SS figured his accountant would have the money sealed in an envelope. It does seem strange to hand that much loose money over to a kid. Yes, JW was/is still a kid - at his age he has no formal job skills or training and his interest is in a field that is out of his financial reach. JMO.

JW doesn't have pockets to put this money in as the accountant probably had a sports coat on, so he puts it in the red bag. After he finds out he is to leave the money in the car, he realizes he doesn't want to leave his red bag. At this point, he stops somewhere
to purchase the envelope.

That would mean he lied again since he claimed he happened to have one in his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie