814 users online (88 members and 726 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by knt View Post
    Will there be anywhere we can watch it live?
    Cathy has it listed on her live stream page but no link yet, not sure if JSS has allowed a camera in, but if so, someone will tweet it.

Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

If they're starting at 8.30 I'm likely going to miss all or most of it. Dammit.
    Hope I don't because it's a means to an ends I guess...that it over (until her appeal which is hopefully rejected)

Thought I had been banned or something there...was no option for me to reply to any thread using tapatalk. Crisis avoided though phew
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
    I've been expecting her to change her mind and attend this hearing, anything must sound like a good break after 3 months in the big house.
    She probably couldn't pass up the chance to be in an air-conditioned court room. Since her presence was optional, she probably won't be given a speaking role. No input from her required. Just sit and watch.
    All of my posts are my opinion only, and reflect my point of view, and not necessarily objective truth.

Is there a cap on how much money the family can collect as restitution?

Corpus Christi, Texas

Today is a gravy day

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TexMex View Post
    Is there a cap on how much money the family can collect as restitution?
    Probably as a percentage of her labor income (prison jobs). May be different for her other income, such as artwerk, and I'm not sure if the trust fund will be addressed today. All of this just guesswork on my part, but it makes sense to me that she would have to be left with some of her direct earnings, say for a bi-monthly can of coke.
    All of my posts are my opinion only, and reflect my point of view, and not necessarily objective truth.

Jason Lamm ‏@PhxCriminalAtty 50s51 seconds ago

Jason Lamm retweeted Cathy
    The docket does not show an Order to transport #JodiArias from prison to court. The local station is wrong #NoJodi

In any other case Mr. Lamm would be correct, but considering how much gets sealed in this case* there may be no way sure to know if an order for transport was filed or not. Won't matter much whether she's there or not, as Steve mentioned, she'd be just another face in the crowd at this hearing.

*6/15/2015 SDD - Notice: Sealed Document - Party (001) 6/16/2015
    NOTE: RESPONSE TO STATE'S MOTION FOR RESTITUTION

(any good reason why that was sealed?)

TCM is doing a marathon today of Christopher Lee's many Dracula movies in honour of his long career. I was going to say vampirism is a fitting background to today's hearing, given JA's life as a parasite, but associating her--in any way--to the very talented Mr. Lee would be an insult to his memory.

(I loved him as Scaramanga in The Man with the Golden Gun).

Anyway, just waiting with everyone else here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve44 View Post
    Probably as a percentage of her labor income (prison jobs). May be different for her other income, such as artwerk, and I'm not sure if the trust fund will be addressed today. All of this just guesswork on my part, but it makes sense to me that she would have to be left with some of her direct earnings, say for a bi-monthly can of coke.
    That's the perfect typo, Steve! I think we should use it from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by geevee View Post
    In any other case Mr. Lamm would be correct, but considering how much gets sealed in this case* there may be no way sure to know if an order for transport was filed or not. Won't matter much whether she's there or not, as Steve mentioned, she'd be just another face in the crowd at this hearing.

*6/15/2015 SDD - Notice: Sealed Document - Party (001) 6/16/2015
    NOTE: RESPONSE TO STATE'S MOTION FOR RESTITUTION

(any good reason why that was sealed?)
    Maybe it was sealed because the hearing hadn't taken place yet, whatever their argument, we'll probably hear it today, so no reason to keep it sealed.

About her attendance, I don't really care if she's there or not. Her movements don't interest me anymore, she's not really moving anywhere, anymore.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
    Made it but doors are locked at the moment. All the news crews are back! #JodiArias
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Sharp View Post
    TCM is doing a marathon today of Christopher Lee's many Dracula movies in honour of his long career. I was going to say vampirism is a fitting background to today's hearing, given JA's life as a parasite, but associating her--in any way--to the very talented Mr. Lee would be an insult to his memory.

(I loved him as Scaramanga in The Man with the Golden Gun).

Anyway, just waiting with everyone else here.
    IIRC a Saki fan and also one of Christopher Lee!Do you like Johnny Cash too?

I was quite sad when Mr Lee died - if indeed he really did. He had a great and long life but even so ... I felt like the last remaining shred of my adolescence had died along with him, having seen many Sunday night Hammer double bills at my local movie theatre in my teenage years. And yes, vampirism is a fitting background. That smile JA gave when KN said he only liked her nine days out of ten truly reminded me of a female vampire from a Hammer horror.

Quote Originally Posted by lithgow1 View Post
    IIRC a Saki fan and also one of Christopher Lee!Do you like Johnny Cash too?

I was quite sad when Mr Lee died - if indeed he really did. He had a great and long life but even so ... I felt like the last remaining shred of my adolescence had died along with him, having seen many Sunday night Hammer double bills at my local movie theatre in my teenage years. And yes, vampirism is a fitting background. That smile JA gave when KN said he only liked her nine days out of ten truly reminded me of a female vampire from a Hammer horror.
    Actually, he said he didn't like her 9 days out of 10, then she tried to own it with style, hey, she takes what she can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve44 View Post
    Actually, he said he didn't like her 9 days out of 10, then she tried to own it with style.
    Oh yes of course. Thanks for pointing that out. I doubt there is anyone on the planet who could like her nine days out of ten if they ran consecutively.

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast