756 users online (140 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

LA - Jasilas Wright, 19, killed in hit & run on I-10, Metairie, 10 June 2015

This is only my second thread post here, so I hope I did this correctly! If there are any edits a mod can make, please do.

This case may be linked to Kaylan Ward, 16, also found on I-10 ran over.

Jasilas' body was not found intact. A driver has been arrested, and it is believed she may have been kidnapped (at time of posting) -- they believe multiple drivers hit her, but are unsure if any had intent to do so.

Kaylan Ward -- http://http://www.wdsu.com/news/loca...-east/33689646

Heart of Acadiana
    According to NOPD the two deaths are unrelated.

"Jasilas Wright, whose body was found on Interstate 10 earlier this week, died after jumping out of a car being driven by her boyfriend, Adam Littleton, who had kidnapped her hours earlier, according to a joint investigation by the Louisiana State Police and the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office."

"The identification of Littleton would appear to indicate that Wright's death was not tied to the death of 16-year-old Kaylan Ward, whose body was also found in similar condition on I-10 near Bullard Avenue six days earlier. Although NOPD Superintendent Michael Harrison said this week that there was no evidence linking the two deaths, many in the public had speculated the deaths were somehow connected."

Earlier this month:

The Jefferson Parish District Attorney’s Office has charged Adam “Sip” Littleton with manslaughter in the death of Jasilas Wright...

Littleton, 23, pleaded not guilty to the charge before a commissioner in 24th Judicial District Court and is being held in the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center...

The document indicates prosecutors believe Littleton committed manslaughter by striking Wright with his car, then fleeing the scene.