774 users online (177 members and 597 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70
Results 1,036 to 1,049 of 1049
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    Dementia/altzheimers evil diseases
    My nana had dementia. It turns out she was a carrier of Fragile X Syndrome. It's genetic. She passed it to my dad who passed it to me. There is a link with Frag X and dementia. I really hope I don't get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    I have talked about whether JH should have been medicated right from his arrest. I don't think it's impossible that the episode in November was genuine.

I just think the cynic in me is wondering whether it could have been a ploy to get ready for an insanity defence.

I also don't doubt he had mental health issues. I'm just not convinced that he was insane when he carried out the shooting.

Maybe he was psychotic in November. I don't think he was, but is it really that strange for somene in solitary confinement? I don't think so.

Nothing they have shown indicates to me he was not simply suffering from delirium. As they said, it shows up quickly and resolves quickly once the cause is treated... as his was reported to have done. It seems they are trying to suggest it was the antipsyshotic taking effect so quickly as what made his symptoms improve. I saw nothing that showed it wasn't just correcting his out of whack electrolytes that made his symptoms improve.

I have seen many patients suffer from delirium. It's very disturbing and is very similar to psychosis in symptoms. Older adults are really prone to it after surgeries, due to the general anesthesia affecting them. I had a patient that was seeing what she described as rats running around and blood on the walls in the rehab facility after breaking her hip and having it repaired in surgery. She was determined to leave and was cursing me and her daughter out. As she tried to get up and leave on her own, despite he broken hip. Her daughter was very upset and said how her mother was acting was something she had never seen before and that was "not her mother." After a few days, she was fine and back to the pleasant little lady she was before. Quick onset, quick resolution. Unlike psychosis.

I also believe the defense wanting to keep him unmedicated in jail so something like this might happen that they could use as proof of his psychotic state. And suggest that he just needed antipsychotics. Sure, the antipsychotics probably helped hiim also, but I don't think that really proves much for them.

My nana had dementia. It turns out she was a carrier of Fragile X Syndrome. It's genetic. She passed it to my dad who passed it to me. There is a link with Frag X and dementia. I really hope I don't get it

Scary!!! I'll say a little prayer for you. I know with me I am very sensitive for memory loss in others and myself. One of my sister in laws is dealing with it current fly.
    jmo

Thank you for your insight Carson. It's so helpful to have an insider view from you and Lyndy. It really does sound like JH was suffering from delirium. It makes perfect sense that he recovered so quickly after his electrolytes were sorted out.

Scary!!! I'll say a little prayer for you. I know with me I am very sensitive for memory loss in others and myself. One of my sister in laws is dealing with it current fly.
    Say a big prayer for me!

I watch my dad closely and he is starting to forget things. Not from years ago. He can talk about his army days like it was yesterday but give him a crossword puzzle and he will get so stressed that he can't remember simple words.

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    Yes, and he is ever so polite, with his, "Thank you for adding that" with Woodcooked.
    Not to mention... he's very talented & good at his job! he killed it last week!
    "In law school, the concept of the jury is taught through the metaphor of a black box. Into the box, evidence and the law go. Out of the box, a verdict comes. But a black box doesn’t have feelings." - THE FACT OF A BODY by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich
    ✌️

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
    "He was odd. He did not act normal like other employees," Maldonado said of JH. #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol ‏@thegoldpatrol · 53s53 seconds ago
    #theatershooting

JH would take lunch break in his car.
    I eat lunch in my car every day! What the heck difference does that make?
    "In law school, the concept of the jury is taught through the metaphor of a black box. Into the box, evidence and the law go. Out of the box, a verdict comes. But a black box doesn’t have feelings." - THE FACT OF A BODY by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich
    ✌️

Quote Originally Posted by I'mjazzed View Post
    a few seconds ago

Deputy Robison said the gunman made several statements while in the emergency restraint chair, including:
    "Where's father?"
    "There's a shadow."
    "There's Monica." (a nurse in the jail.)

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 45s45 seconds ago
    Robison was asked about some nonsensical things JH said in the prison cell episode involving him falling off the bunk. #theatershooting
    Maybe he had a crush on this Monica nurse and fell off his bed on purpose to get a chance to see her.
    ✌️

Quote Originally Posted by LyndyLoo View Post
    Haldol is only used in the ER because it acts quickly..within 10-15 minutes..but hasn't been continued after that ( only PRN/when needed) unless total out of control behaviours...I recall giving those shots (IM-intermuscular) thru clothing with 4-5 huge mean restraining them...I use to term it as trying to hit a moving target..Thankfully never did any damage..

Ohhh bad example..uretha does close down..the internal sphincter out of bladder has....Hummmmmm..Part of the side affects of longer term use of Haldol (Extrapyramidal symptoms) without co-meds of Cogentin consistent low dose to counteract such symptoms...

The Resperdal is something that takes days to get up to speed in actual desired affect..to have to titrate med levels accordingly...Sorry If I'm getting too technical..I know a few of those juror's would understand me LOL
    Excellent info, LyndyLoo - thanks!
    Last edited by borndem; 06-29-2015 at 11:19 PM. Reason: typo

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

I can't help being suspicious of these hallucinations and other issues. They only started in the November. That's 4 months after the shooting. Maybe the stress of being in jail brought them on. Maybe the reality of what he had done was hitting him. Or maybe he was formulating a defence ......

One or the other bbm or both, IMO. He did study neuroscience, after all.

No mitigation intended here, but he had been in jail for a while -- no more fresh air or eating what he wanted, no more sleeping/waking when he wanted (within some limits when in school), he was socially inept and the jail was full of people -- no women -- and full of guards, prolly watching him since he was new & weird -- I do not think all this caused actual hallucinations, etc., etc., but again I would think he had at least researched mental illnesses... And maybe he just wanted to get outta there for a while...

He was weird, but he was not dumb...

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

Haldol is only used in the ER because it acts quickly..within 10-15 minutes..but hasn't been continued after that ( only PRN/when needed) unless total out of control behaviours...I recall giving those shots (IM-intermuscular) thru clothing with 4-5 huge mean restraining them...I use to term it as trying to hit a moving target..Thankfully never did any damage..

Ohhh bad example..uretha does close down..the internal sphincter out of bladder has....Hummmmmm..Part of the side affects of longer term use of Haldol (Extrapyramidal symptoms) without co-meds of Cogentin consistent low dose to counteract such symptoms...

The Resperdal is something that takes days to get up to speed in actual desired affect..to have to titrate med levels accordingly...Sorry If I'm getting too technical..I know a few of those juror's would understand me LOL
    I'll agree with the Haldol being used in acute, as needed situations. It's fast acting given IM and it will sedate anyone. So, of course he was more responsive to them when he wasn't on that anymore.
    I looked up Risperdal again in my drug guide and it indicates 1-2 weeks for it to take effect. I know that is typical for SSRIs and similar drugs. Sometimes those drugs can improve symptoms more quickly than that, but that doctor acting like the Risperdal cured his symptoms in a few days in the hospital is pretty suspect to me.

LOL Me think's the jury believes this expert's testimony has NOTHING to do with Jh's Insanity on July 20th 2012..Thus no questions...LOL
    How does the testimony of the Nov. docs stack up against the July docs? I hope they are comparing that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by cujenn81 View Post
    I eat lunch in my car every day! What the heck difference does that make?
    I've seen lots of people do that -- they have their lunch already but just want to get out of the office & maybe listen to radio or CD or just relax & do nothing for an hour.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70