1321 users online (221 members and 1100 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mnarmchair View Post
    I was searching the web today to find out if he had been prosecuted or where he is and could not find anything. Not privy to a lot of out East local media. I think clearly that there are some links to his victims, body parts to LISK and have always thought he fit the profile so well.
    Link to Bittrolf's most recent thread in the LISK forum.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=10815261

This thread is for Fire Island Jane Doe.

Thanks
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Looking at the scarring found on Fire Island Jane Doe, is it possible that she was born with a birth defect such as Arthrogryposis?
    Heide Wilbur has so many numerous scars listed for a 16 year old, including wrist, hand, leg and forehead. Makes me wonder if she may have had surgery to fix muscle contractions as an infant?

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Link to Bittrolf's most recent thread in the LISK forum.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=10815261

This thread is for Fire Island Jane Doe.

Thanks
    Thanks Bessie, appreciate it.

I think if we can identify fire island Jane doe ( supposing she's the first victim ) then we can find the long island serial killer. There's a chance he may have known this first victim.

Leg Scars

I was looking up what kind of incident would cause the scarring on the right leg, and it sounds like she may have had a fasciotomy, which is a surgical procedure to reduce swelling caused by trauma. That, along with the left ankle surgery, would lead me to believe she had been in a car accident, or something that caused that trauma to both legs.

More on scars

So if, as was suggested before, it was not a birth defect, is there any way to search accident records in New York? Most injuries that require this surgery in children are caused by trauma from impact in an automobile accident, but teenaged and adult athletes also suffer from it. She could have been into gymnastics or dancing as a young woman.

We looked at the fasciotomy angle long ago. Assuming that that is what these scars actually are, my guess is that she may have been a jogger. I scoured pages upon pages of missing person lists looking for a missing jogger that might fit the info we have on Fire Island Jane, but never turned up a thing.

Since we have new posters here now, perhaps a fresh set of eyes could take a look.

ETA: I was intrigued by this recent case. Jogger, had surgery on both legs when younger, strangled, sexually assaulted, body left in a weedy area in a Nat'l Park in Queens.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/ny...eens.html?_r=0

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...s-2-Aug-2016-1
    Last edited by Mountain_Kat; 12-20-2016 at 06:17 AM.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

A jogger ... yes, of course. There has been so many sad stories of women attacked while jogging recently. If this victim is one of the LISK women though, she would most likely be a sex worker. I feel like a jogger who went missing would be reported missing and she would be identified before now.

This age progression of missing girl Patricia Taylor looks a bit like Jane Doe's sketch.

Attached Images Attached Images

Are there pictures of the ankle scars? I had ankle surgery for a torn tendon and a fasciotomy recently. Would be interesting to compare to my scare.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Gothlightly View Post
    A jogger ... yes, of course. There has been so many sad stories of women attacked while jogging recently. If this victim is one of the LISK women though, she would most likely be a sex worker. I feel like a jogger who went missing would be reported missing and she would be identified before now.
    I wasn't necessarily saying that she was abducted while jogging...just that she may have been a jogger at some point in her history. Also...it's possible that this girl was reported missing and we simply haven't been able to connect her to Fire Island Jane yet.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Gothlightly View Post
    This age progression of missing girl Patricia Taylor looks a bit like Jane Doe's sketch.

Fire Island Jane's legs were found in 1996, so not Patricia.

I still say Fire Island Jane looks a lot like Dawn Holt, although how she would have ended up in NY is anyone's guess.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/holt_dawn.html

Holts last seen date doesn't work. She caught my eye too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    I still say Fire Island Jane looks a lot like Dawn Holt, although how she would have ended up in NY is anyone's guess.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/holt_dawn.html
    You're right she looks a lot like the sketch. It looks like she went missing 5 days after the legs were found. I wonder how accurate her last seen date is? For a second I thought you got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast