1432 users online (326 members and 1106 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow Jane Doe #6

Jane Doe #6
    Note: Victim #6 is not the mother of the toddler.
    Namus UP #9680

Halsey Manor Road
    Manorville
    Suffolk County, NY

19 November, 2000

11:00 am, in Manorville, Suffolk County. On Nov. 19, 2000, three hunters walking in the woods about a half-mile west of Halsey Manor Road, north of the Long Island Expressway, discovered plastic trash bags containing human remains. Investigators believe she was placed there in Sept 2000.

They were later determined to be those of a female who died several weeks before. She was nude, her body was chopped into pieces and her head, hands and right foot were missing.

A forensic exam determined she was a brunette, white or Hispanic, no more than 5-foot-5 or 125 pounds, and between 35 and 40 years old." (NY Times)
    Jones Beach State Park
    Ocean Parkway
    Gilgo Beach
    Nassau County, NY

4 April 2011

"Her head, hands and right foot were recovered on April 4 on a stretch of a Long Island beach where nine sets of other human remains were found."

"She had a tattoo or marking on her right ankle." (ABC)

“'This woman would have been last seen alive in the late summer/fall of 2000,' said Dormer, who added the woman probably had some kind of tattoo or identifying mark on her right ankle since that part of her was cut off by her killer." (LI Press)
    Namus UP #9680

Case No. 00-629549
    Est. probable year of death - 2000

The decedent's torso was recovered in a wooded area of Manorville, NY on 11/19/00.

The decedent's head, hands and right foot were recovered in the Vicinity of Ocean Pkwy, Gilgo Beach, NY on 4/4/11.

• Right and left nasal bones have been fractured and healed.

Rule Outs:
    Sandra Sollie
    Colleen Voitik McHugh

Local Contact:
    Suffolk County Medical Examiner's Office
    (631) 853-5555
    Case #00-3946
    Case Mgr: Stephen Jacobs
    Can You Identify Me

Newsday Map

Shadowraith's Map

grayhuze youtube video tour of the landscape
    Last edited by bessie; 07-15-2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: no change

The best match I could find:

Bernadine Paul
    37 year old Hispanic female, 5'4, Missing since June 7, 2000 from Waterbury, Connecticut

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...bernadine.html
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

This one is a little younger than the age listed, but other things fit...
    Link

I'm reposting here:

Hi Rachel & Josh here, some of you may have read we are partnering with Tricia & Websleuths on a docu-series covering 5 unsolved serial killer cases. LISK is one of them and we would like to work with websleuthers in helping to identify the Jane, John, and Toddler Does connected to the case. We definitely understand there's been a lot of time and energy put into this already by websleuthers and the community, we're hoping to inject new energy into identifying. We will have a access to wide television audience who in additional can hopefully help.

I'll be posting to the threads for the other identified, please don't be shy... contact us. We are looking for some lead websleuthers to work with us as well, please reach out. Already we've heard from a lot of you on LISK and other cases. It takes a village!

Best,
    Rachel & Josh

I could be wrong but I dont think jane doe #6 is in the Doe Network. LE is hiding something. Fitzgerald turned down their help.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    I could be wrong but I dont think jane doe #6 is in the Doe Network. LE is hiding something. Fitzgerald turned down their help.
    Doesn't make any sense.

You originally published this post in the wrong thread. I've moved it to the appropriate one.

All posters are asked to be sure they post in the correct threads.

Thanks.

Bessie

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I think it's great what you guys are doing. I have followed this case on my own and on WS since Shannan Gilbert had disappeared. Once all the bodies started turning up during the search for her, I knew deep in my heart this was a serial killer and that Shannan also fell victim to this predator. The saddest of it is LE not believing that Shannan is a homicide victim, or most importantly a victim of the LISK.
    The Jane Doe in this thread could be (or may not be) the key to all of it. Any of the UID's could be. I truly believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danse_Macabre View Post
    I'm reposting here:

Hi Rachel & Josh here, some of you may have read we are partnering with Tricia & Websleuths on a docu-series covering 5 unsolved serial killer cases. LISK is one of them and we would like to work with websleuthers in helping to identify the Jane, John, and Toddler Does connected to the case. We definitely understand there's been a lot of time and energy put into this already by websleuthers and the community, we're hoping to inject new energy into identifying. We will have a access to wide television audience who in additional can hopefully help.

I'll be posting to the threads for the other identified, please don't be shy... contact us. We are looking for some lead websleuthers to work with us as well, please reach out. Already we've heard from a lot of you on LISK and other cases. It takes a village!

Best,
    Rachel & Josh
    www.missingkids.com

HELP US FIND THE MISSING!!!!

In memory of Melissa Ann Tremblay, Kimberly E. Farrah and Leeann Millius <3 Gone but never forgotten in my heart!

This is the case where they suspect the victims were sex trade workers right? Is there anyway to access craigslist ads from that time? I'm sure its been done but maybe try to match these people up against postings? There is a suspect too right?

Susan Walsh missing since in 1996 from NJ. She was sober for several years then went back to the drugs, alcohol, and stripping. Possible prostitution. Ties to NYC. It appears she is not in NAMUS or CODIS. That would mean her DNA was never collected. Lifestyle, age, and height seem to match JD#6.

Susan Walsh is listed as missing on websleuths.

Susan Walsh missing since in 1996 from NJ. She was sober for several years then went back to the drugs, alcohol, and stripping. Possible prostitution. Ties to NYC. It appears she is not in NAMUS or CODIS. That would mean her DNA was never collected. Lifestyle, age, and height seem to match JD#6.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9841

Susan is listed in NamUs, Her profile strength is strong. However she is not listed in the rule outs regarding Jane Doe#6 Could NamUs already compared Susan but not listed her as a rule out?

Hey,

what if this woman was much younger than 35?

What do you think about Colleen Perris?

She went missing from Florida on 9/30/2000 (google maps shows 20 hours by car to the place where this jane doe was found).

She had tattoo´s on both ankles.

I did outline her facial details. This is what I got:

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Namus lists JD6 as 18-40 years old, so Colleen seems to be entirely possible. She's the right size and there's a pretty good resemblance. I would think if they found her torso only a few weeks after she disappeared, they would have found traces of her back tattoo, but maybe not.

There's a lot of travel up and down I-95, so it's entirely plausible she would find herself in the NYC area.

Colleen's Charley page: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...s_colleen.html
    Doenet: http://doenetwork.org/cases/3313dffl.html
    Namus: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8724/283

I think it's worth sending in.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I sent an email some weeks ago to the namus case manager. Nothing happened. I got no reply if someone got the email or not. I would´ve called the responsible detective (Plantation Police Department
    Detective Joe Messina
    ), but I am not from the USA and my english is broken. I coudn´t find an email to send it to detective Messina. Any ideas?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast