787 users online (81 members and 706 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    More importantly, the torso is from someone "not more than 5' 6" and Nicole is at least 5' 7. A tan could make her look hispanic... but the tatoo is interesting.

Thank you all for posting those updates. That's a good find, Meowy, even if it's not her.

just incase anyone missed it on AMW last night they had the girl with the cherries tattoo and the other lady from the same area with the peaches.. Sure hope someone out there sees it that maybe can help identify them...

Although I didnt catch it all.. but that guy who tattoo'd the peach one.. I only heard him for a few seconds but from the way he said whatever (cant remember exactly) but he sounded kinda defensive.. (but I only heard a sentence or two from him)

Do they show those episodes on the web?
    Happy New Years

hmmm i'm not sure...... but maybe if they have a search option on the site maybe ya can find something on the cases?

Unknown Butcher of Mamaroneck, N.Y.

<snip>
    Authorities said the victim is a Hispanic or light skinned black woman, approximately 5' 10", weighing 180 to 200 pounds.

<snip>

Here's what we know:
    The black suitcase manufactured by InGear, model Protege, is sold exclusively at Wal-Mart. A reddish colored, blood-soaked camisole packed with the torso had a Spanish-only label. Also included in the suitcase was a pair of purple Champion sweatpants and a tan longsleeved t-shirt, manufactured by Voice. The torso was also wearing a bluish colored bra. A tattoo of two cherries was located just above the right breast of the woman's torso.
    Police also found small scraps of paper tucked away in the crevaces of the suitcase. When pieced together, it looks like a calendar with the Spanish word "cinco" and the phrase "begin to live."

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=44311
    Retired 08/03/03

This case is going to be shown on America's Most Wanted this saturday at 9p.m.

REspectfully,
    dark_shadows

Thanks DS, I'll be sure to watch.

This caught my eye because a family member (safe and well) has the same tattoo. The tattoo looks fairly new due to the coloring being vivid still. I would guess the woman was either young or the tattoo was within the past couple of years.
    We need some way of notices being sent to tatto artist about unidentified people. I am sure they would recognise their work or at least look over their records for that kind of tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by becklynn View Post
    This caught my eye because a family member (safe and well) has the same tattoo. The tattoo looks fairly new due to the coloring being vivid still. I would guess the woman was either young or the tattoo was within the past couple of years.
    We need some way of notices being sent to tatto artist about unidentified people. I am sure they would recognise their work or at least look over their records for that kind of tattoo.
    Sadly that is a generic looking tattoo, there are similar versions on the walls of tattoo shops all across the nation.
    If you're gonna get a tattoo - go for an original one that someone will remember.
    Tattoo artists generally detroy the stencil for original tattoo.
    My tattoos are original - hopefully they would be useful if (God forbid) my body had to be identified.

I have both the cherry tattoo and peach tattoo ladies on my myspace page. Someone on here (can't remember who, sorry) did a pic with both side by side that I was using as my default pic. I have worked on these cases for many hours. I hope that they are identified soon.

I just hope this woman's family know about her tattoo. She may not have told them to avoid arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by meowy View Post
    Is it possibly Nikolle Steelman?

http://www.tribstar.com/local/local_...087215158.html

Article says she has cherries with a green stem

Unfortunately they found Nikolle Steelman's body. So that definitely rules her out as a possible ID for this case.
    http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2007/09/05/Nikolle_Steelman_s_(26)_unclothed_remains_were_fou nd_scattered_in_a_hay_field

NY - Mamaroneck, Blk/HispFem 605UFNY, 35-50, cherries tattoo, Mar'07

"Cherries", Mamaroneck, Blk/Hisp, 605UFNY, Mar 2007

top l to r: cherries tattoo on right breast, tag inside suitcase pchsd at Wal-mart, pants
    bottom l to r: tunic, red camisole

Westchester County, NY

3 March, 2007

Mamaroneck Beach - stabbed torso in suitcase

27 March, 2007

Cold Spring Harbor shore - right foot/leg

28 March, 2007

Shore of James Dolan’s Oyster Bay estate. - left foot/leg (LI Press)

Note: Doe Network states last two dates as March 21-22, 2007

Black/Hispanic Female
    35-50 yrs old
    5'7"-6'1", 180-200 pounds
    Est. date of death - end of February 2007

Large woman with a tiny tattoo of two red cherries on a green stem above her right breast. Pink toenail polish.

Clothing: Gray Champion sweat pants, a tan or cream-colored Voice long-sleeved shirt, and a red camisole bearing labels in Spanish.

On March 3, 2007, a suitcase washed ashore at Harbor Island Park containing the torso of a woman. The torso had stab wounds.

About three weeks later on March 21st, a leg was found off Cold Spring Harbor.

A day later, on March 22nd, another leg was found off Cove Neck along Nassau County's Gold Coast. Each leg had pink toenail polish on some toes. DNA confirmed the legs and torso belonged to the same woman.

The dark blue or black suitcase is sold exclusively at Wal-Mart. Police also found small scraps of paper tucked away in the [sic] crevaces of the suitcase. When pieced together, it looks like a calendar with the Spanish word "cinco" and the phrase "begin to live."

Since the torso floated onto the beach as storm-fed floods hit the region, authorities have said the remains could have come from almost anywhere.

Mamaroneck Police Department
    Agency Phone Number: 914-777-7780

Doe Network 605UFNY

Shadowraiths' Map
    Last edited by bessie; 06-23-2015 at 03:26 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast