UID Victim: "Cherries", Mamaroneck, Blk/Hisp, 605UFNY, found Mar 2007

richandfamous

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256600,00.html

Police hope a cherry tattoo will help identify a woman whose torso was found on a New York beach.
A beachcomber found the dismembered body part in a suitcase at Harbor Island Beach in suburban New York City on Saturday, the Journal News reported.

"There's no hair, no fingerprints, no DNA, and the other body parts are spread out over God knows where," said William Paonessa, the deputy mayor of Mamaroneck.

The body part, which was not badly decomposed, was found in a dark-colored bag and is believed to be a woman of Hispanic or African American descent.

The tattoo — two cherries on a green stem — is on her right breast.

Officials believe the body may have washed up during floods Friday in Westchester County.

Anyone with information about the woman is asked to call Detective David Casterella or Detective Sgt. Robert Holland of the Mamaroneck police at 914-777-7743 or call the main police line at 914-777-7780.

cherry tattoo

bilde

On a day the tide turned, the waters of Oyster Bay Harbor gave up some grisly secrets. First, a fisherman found part of a leg among the rocks on Tuesday night. And across the water in the exclusive neighborhood of Cove Neck another body part was sent ashore -- a leg stuffed in a garbage bag found by a landscaper who was working the beachfront property belonging to James Dolan, the CEO of Cablevision Systems Corp. and the chairman of Madison Square Garden, owner of the New York Knicks and New York Rangers.

~snip~

Police may not have to look very far. Authorities think the legs may belong to the torso of a female that washed up in Mamaroneck Bay three weeks ago. The woman's torso was stuffed in a suitcase and had a tattoo on her chest.

"There are certain things that are the same, similarities that make us feel that there's a good possibility that the legs belong to our victim," said Det. Sgt. Robert Holland of the Mamaroneck Police Department.
http://cbs13.com/topstories/topstories_story_088015320.html

Hopefully these cases are related. Ironic that CTV is covering the trial where the victim was found in several suitcases that washed ashore.

This is horrible. First some slime murders her, then butchers her and throws her in the water? I hope and pray that she identified and the killer gets justice up in his face in a big way. The poor family members and friends of this Princess Doe. I can't imagine losing someone I loved in that horrific manner.

Has anyone checked the doenetwork? It may be too soon for them to have her up if she was reported, though. What about missing persons in various New York areas. Should I just google? Or does someone have a better way to search. I want to get better at searching and matching.

Lion

Here is the article on the body parts from our local newspaper here on Long Island. It mentions skin color and that they "have" a torso. I think this is a match to them. If there is someone missing with a cherry tattoo, I wouldn't even know where to begin to look. This is a very recent homocide.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lilimb0329,0,7093011.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

Severed limbs wash up in two locations
BY ANDREW STRICKLER
andrew.strickler@newsday.com

March 28, 2007, 9:29 PM EDT

Severed human legs were found washed up in two locations on the North Shore over the past two days, including on a private beach belonging to Cablevision Systems chief James Dolan, and police believe they may match a headless torso found almost a month ago across Long Island Sound.

Det. Sgt. Robert Holland of the Village of Mamaroneck Police Department, where officers are still trying to identify the remains discovered there on March 3, said his department was in contact Wednesday with Suffolk and Nassau police.

"Based on certain physical similarities ... we feel strongly that these legs came from our victim," Holland said.

Lloyd Harbor police said Wednesday that a fisherman found a human leg at 7 p.m. Tuesday on the shore in Lloyd Harbor and notified authorities.

A second leg was discovered Wednesday at about 8:50 a.m., reportedly by a caretaker, at Dolan's Cove Neck estate, Nassau police said.

this is from News12.com

03/28/07) OYSTER BAY, LONG ISLAND - A leg that washed ashore Wednesday on a Long Island beach could lead to a break in the case of a torso found in Mamaroneck. A caretaker found the severed leg in a trash bag around 9 a.m. on a private Cove Neck beach belonging to Cablevision President and CEO Charles Dolan. Cablevision is the parent company of News 12 Westchester. Police on Long Island are working to identify who the leg belongs to.
In Westchester, Mamaroneck police believe the leg may belong to a woman whose torso washed ashore there in a suitcase in early March. Mamaroneck authorities believe their victim is Hispanic, and they say there are similarities in the body parts. However, they are awaiting medical reports from Long Island.
Mamaroneck police have yet to identify their victim, but they hope a cherry tattoo will help crack the case.
Related information:
Legislator blasts Hispanic media in Mamaroneck torso mystery
Video : http://news12.cv.net/video/DWLILEGT.wmv

I searched one missing persons site for New York and didn't find a match for that site. It was the State Troopers site at

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wanted_and_Missing/Missing/

However, because this Princess Doe washed up on the North shore, she could have come from Connecticut, true? Does anyone know any other missing person's sites besides the doenetwork(nothing there), and the above link? It seems like someone may have murdered her, taken her out into the sound via boat, and dumped her in the water. Otherwise parts of her wouldn't be washing up, I don't think.

Lion

Here is the article on the body parts from our local newspaper here on Long Island. It mentions skin color and that they "have" a torso. I think this is a match to them. If there is someone missing with a cherry tattoo, I wouldn't even know where to begin to look. This is a very recent homocide.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lilimb0329,0,7093011.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

Severed limbs wash up in two locations
BY ANDREW STRICKLER
andrew.strickler@newsday.com

March 28, 2007, 9:29 PM EDT

Severed human legs were found washed up in two locations on the North Shore over the past two days, including on a private beach belonging to Cablevision Systems chief James Dolan, and police believe they may match a headless torso found almost a month ago across Long Island Sound.

Det. Sgt. Robert Holland of the Village of Mamaroneck Police Department, where officers are still trying to identify the remains discovered there on March 3, said his department was in contact Wednesday with Suffolk and Nassau police.

"Based on certain physical similarities ... we feel strongly that these legs came from our victim," Holland said.

Lloyd Harbor police said Wednesday that a fisherman found a human leg at 7 p.m. Tuesday on the shore in Lloyd Harbor and notified authorities.

A second leg was discovered Wednesday at about 8:50 a.m., reportedly by a caretaker, at Dolan's Cove Neck estate, Nassau police said.

They think it could be a POSSIBLE homicide ?!?:doh: :confused:

I searched one missing persons site for New York and didn't find a match for that site. It was the State Troopers site at

Yes, it can be Connecticut, upper NJ, or part of NY state near Haverstraw or up toward Nyack. I'd love to help solve this. Some poor family is waiting for news :(

MG

MAMARONECK, N.Y. — DNA has confirmed that a leg found off the shore of Long Island matches a female torso that washed ashore in Westchester County last month, police said Wednesday.

Results from DNA testing on a second leg also was expected to be a match, said Mamaroneck Detective Sgt. Robert Holland.
He said, however, that authorities still do not know the victim's identity.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264141,00.html

Leg washed ashore in Nassau match torso found in Westchester
MICHAEL FRAZIER
michael.frazier@newsday.com

April 4, 2007, 9:50 PM EDT

The leg washed ashore on Nassau County's North Shore last week and a woman's torso found weeks earlier off the coast of Mamaroneck in Westchester County share the same DNA, authorities said Wednesday.

Now police are awaiting scientific test results that will help determine whether a leg found in Suffolk County is also a match.

Investigators have said they believe the remains are that of one unidentified victim in a grisly case that is being investigated as a homicide.

"It's apparent to everyone that this is one case," said Lt. James Gaffney, a spokesman for Mamaroneck police, who are working jointly with Nassau and Suffolk police. "However, you have to conduct these examinations in a proper fashion, which would be matching them with DNA."

Torso and legs are either Hispanic/African American.

The lady from Terre Haute in the article is white. :(

MG

More importantly, the torso is from someone "not more than 5' 6" and Nicole is at least 5' 7. A tan could make her look hispanic... but the tatoo is interesting.

Thank you all for posting those updates. That's a good find, Meowy, even if it's not her.

just incase anyone missed it on AMW last night they had the girl with the cherries tattoo and the other lady from the same area with the peaches.. Sure hope someone out there sees it that maybe can help identify them...

Although I didnt catch it all.. but that guy who tattoo'd the peach one.. I only heard him for a few seconds but from the way he said whatever (cant remember exactly) but he sounded kinda defensive.. (but I only heard a sentence or two from him)

hmmm i'm not sure...... but maybe if they have a search option on the site maybe ya can find something on the cases?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back