895 users online (111 members and 784 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Arrow The Asian Male

The Asian Male
    Namus UP #9355

Ocean Parkway
    Gilgo Beach
    Nassau County, NY

4 April 2011

Skeletal remains of an Asian Male were recovered in the vicinity of Ocean Pkwy, Gilgo Beach, NY. The remains are estimated to have been there more than 5 yrs.

"The male victim was 5-feet-6-inches and was missing both the top and bottom molars and one of his top front teeth. Investigators determined that he was wearing women's' clothes when he died between five and 10 years ago, Dormer said." (CNN)

ME/C Case Number: 11-155468
    Suffolk County, New York
    17 to 23 year old Asian Male

Est. post mortem interval - 5 years
    Probable year of death - 0-2006

• The decedent may have had a musculoskeletal disorder that affected his gait.
    • Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Namus UP #9355

Newsday Map

Shadowraith's Map
    Last edited by bessie; 07-15-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

There are very few Asian males reported missing in the North-East US. Yim Tsui http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tsui_yim.html, who disappeared from Hyde Park LI in 1998 is the one I could find that fits the description. The others I could identify were older and lived further away. No positive id has yet been made.
    Yim Tsui was a 20 year old Student at SUNY Stony Brook who lived in Hyde Park LI.
    Very little information was available on the Missing Persons sites or otherwise available on the web. This is unusual. Usually, the disappearance of a young person from a Middle Class generates more media attention and a lot of information is available. I'm guessing that lack of media attention means lack of law enforcement attention as well.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...and&id=8122129

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Could the eighth body found be that of Stony Brook student Jimmy Tsui?

Kam Wai Tsui lives every day with the grief and the devastating uncertainty of what happened to her youngest son, Jimmy.

The 20-year-old Stony Brook student vanished without a trace in August of 1998.

"She has given up on it, she just wants to know if he's alive or not alive," a translator said for Tsui.

Now, investigative sources tell Eyewitness News they're examining a possible link between Tsui and so-called John Doe number eight. One of the skeletons uncovered this spring along ocean parkway.

Another possible candidate.

Here's the composite just release by LE.
    Attachment 18744

Going throught the mp database and agree with Aleph that Mo Zhang could be a possible candidate. Also, found Daniel Ted Yuan. Although he's listed missing in California, it also says that he resided in New Jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This guy's facial features align perfectly to the facial reconstruction:

Mo Zhang
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/z/zhang_mo.html

I have sized the above images so that they are comparable. If you click your mouse on Mo's photo and drag it to the right over the reconstruction, Mo's photo becomes transparent, and you can test the similarity of their facial shapes and spacing of their facial features.

ETA: I just realized that this trick only works if you are using the Mozilla Firefox browser.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-08-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    I'm still a little confised. Has Jimmy Tsui definitly been ruled out as the Asian Male?
    Yes, Jimmy Tsui definitely has been ruled out

Referring to news reports, Dormer said that forensic analysis showed the man was not Yim Yeung Tsui, a Stony Brook University student declared missing in August 1998.
    Read More:
    http://nycitywatch.org/mu/nycitywatc...li-slay-probe/

BTW, I submitted Mo Zheng to the tipline.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Cedar Beach in Long Island - Fifth Female Murder Victim, March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post

Mo Zhang

I have sized the above images so that they are comparable. If you click your mouse on Mo's photo and drag it to the right over the reconstruction, Mo's photo becomes transparent, and you can test the similarity of their facial shapes and spacing of their facial features.

I can't move either photo anywhere. I see a strong resemblence with the side by sides and see how the above could work if I were able to do as you suggested above.

I would call this one in Carl. there is so little information on Mo this might be a match.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-08-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I can't move either photo anywhere. I see a strong resemblence with the side by sides and see how the above could work if I were able to do as you suggested above.

I would call this one in Carl. there is so little information on Mo this might be a match.

I already did call it in.

By dragging the image, you won't actually move the photo. As you hold down the left mouse button on the image and drag it sideways a ghost image appears, and you can drag it over the other image.

I don't know why it doesn't work on your computer. Perhaps it is something that works only with the browser that I use (Mozilla Firefox).

ETA: I just tried it in MS Internet Explorer. It doesn't work. So I guess that is a trick that only works with the Mozilla Firefox browser.

It works in Firefox but not in Chrome or IE, CarlK90245.

The resemblance is uncanny! Wow!

Mo Zhang

ETA: I just realized that this trick only works if you are using the Mozilla Firefox browser.
    I think you got it!
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-08-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    I think you got it!
    Amazing isn't it? I am astounded. I will be shocked if it is NOT him.

Oh wow!! I dragged it over and it is a perfect match! Is someone going to call this in?

Quote Originally Posted by mellynyc View Post
    Oh wow!! I dragged it over and it is a perfect match! Is someone going to call this in?
    I already did.

I already did.
    Great work! It will shock me if it isn't him.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast