UID Victim: The Asian Male, UP9355, John Doe #8, poss. died 1996-2001, found Gilgo Beach Apr 2011

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
8MCNlTx.jpg

The Asian Male
Namus UP #9355

Ocean Parkway
Gilgo Beach
Nassau County, NY

4 April 2011

Skeletal remains of an Asian Male were recovered in the vicinity of Ocean Pkwy, Gilgo Beach, NY. The remains are estimated to have been there more than 5 yrs.

"The male victim was 5-feet-6-inches and was missing both the top and bottom molars and one of his top front teeth. Investigators determined that he was wearing women's' clothes when he died between five and 10 years ago, Dormer said." (CNN)

ME/C Case Number: 11-155468
Suffolk County, New York
17 to 23 year old Asian Male

Est. post mortem interval - 5 years
Probable year of death - 0-2006

• The decedent may have had a musculoskeletal disorder that affected his gait.
  • Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Namus UP #9355

Newsday Map

Shadowraith's Map

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/05/10/linking-the-manorville-and-gilgo-homicides/
One, police have confirmed is an Asian male in his late teens or early 20s.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/10/new-york-long-island-murders
The third, potentially separate discovery was of an Asian man, referred to as John Doe no 8, who met a "violent" death. His body was found close to that of the dismembered women, but there is no evidence to connect them.

I just read that the Asian man died violently but in a significantly different manner than the women - but cannot find that information now.

There are very few Asian males reported missing in the North-East US. Yim Tsui http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tsui_yim.html, who disappeared from Hyde Park LI in 1998 is the one I could find that fits the description. The others I could identify were older and lived further away. No positive id has yet been made.
Yim Tsui was a 20 year old Student at SUNY Stony Brook who lived in Hyde Park LI.
Very little information was available on the Missing Persons sites or otherwise available on the web. This is unusual. Usually, the disappearance of a young person from a Middle Class generates more media attention and a lot of information is available. I'm guessing that lack of media attention means lack of law enforcement attention as well.

Do we know approximately how long the John Doe has been there? Has LE released that info? It's hard to do any digging without a time frame of disappearance to look at. :-(

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=8122129

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Could the eighth body found be that of Stony Brook student Jimmy Tsui?

Kam Wai Tsui lives every day with the grief and the devastating uncertainty of what happened to her youngest son, Jimmy.

The 20-year-old Stony Brook student vanished without a trace in August of 1998.

"She has given up on it, she just wants to know if he's alive or not alive," a translator said for Tsui.

Now, investigative sources tell Eyewitness News they're examining a possible link between Tsui and so-called John Doe number eight. One of the skeletons uncovered this spring along ocean parkway.

I don't see any update, so should we assume the remains are not Jimmy Tsui ?

Here's the composite just release by LE.
uid-asian male.jpg

Going throught the mp database and agree with Aleph that Mo Zhang could be a possible candidate. Also, found Daniel Ted Yuan. Although he's listed missing in California, it also says that he resided in New Jersey.

This male was found in women's clothes, leading LE to suspect that he was working as a cross-dressing prostitute. This could be the connection between this man and the other women. Were there any missing Asian lady-boy prostitutes from NY? I don't think the killer would have been "surprised" by this man being a man. I think he targeted this person and victimized him as he did the others. JMO

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/wpix-details-released-gilgo-beach-investigation,0,1707853.story

Another sketch is described as being an Asian man who officials say was found dressed in women's clothes, fueling the notion he was a cross-dressing prostitute.

This male was found in women's clothes, leading LE to suspect that he was working as a cross-dressing prostitute. This could be the connection between this man and the other women. Were there any missing Asian lady-boy prostitutes missing from NY? I don't think the killer would have been "surprised" by this man being a man. I think he targeted this person and victimized him as he did the others. JMO

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/wpix-details-released-gilgo-beach-investigation,0,1707853.story

I totally agree. My friend reminded me today that I stated that the asian man could be a transvestite prostitute. My friend tends to religiously think inside the box and he was conflumixed about whether it was one sk or more and the asian guy threw him off. However, it is possible that the asian didn't cross dress at all but was solicited from Craigslist or met in a bar in the village, taken someplace and murdered and the sk dressed him in women's clothing afterwards. We should know for sure if the asian is ever identified because family members and definitely friends may be able to confirm if he was into cross dressing--at least the friends would be a solid confirmation.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree. My friend reminded me today that I stated that the asian man could be a transvestite prostitute. My friend tends to religiously think inside the body and he was conflumixed about whether it was one sk or more and the asian guy threw him off. However, it is possible that the asian didn't cross dress at all but was solicited from Craigslist or met in a bar in the village, taken someplace and murdered and the sk dressed him in women's clothing afterwards. We should know for sure if the asian is ever identified because family members and definitely friends may be able to confirm if he was into cross dressing--at least the friends would be a solid confirmation.

I was just looking at photos of Shannon Gilbert and I have to say she has a Asian look to her and a little bit androgynous as well. The lady-boys can look so feminine that it is shocking. I had a household of tranny prostitutes living next door to me (!!!) and one was a lady-boy and none of them would ever go on a date without dressing up. Shoes, jewellery, hair, everything. I wonder if there was a wig or long hair associated with the Asian man's body. He could have dressed him up after killing him but I think he treated him like the others.

I'm still a little confised. Has Jimmy Tsui definitly been ruled out as the Asian Male?

I'm still a little confised. Has Jimmy Tsui definitly been ruled out as the Asian Male?

I believe so if this is the student from Hofstra (I think) the DNA did not match and his mother remains tormented. This was determined within the last month or so.

This guy's facial features align perfectly to the facial reconstruction:

Mo Zhang
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/z/zhang_mo.html

2002636580045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I have sized the above images so that they are comparable. If you click your mouse on Mo's photo and drag it to the right over the reconstruction, Mo's photo becomes transparent, and you can test the similarity of their facial shapes and spacing of their facial features.

ETA: I just realized that this trick only works if you are using the Mozilla Firefox browser.

Yes, Jimmy Tsui definitely has been ruled out

Referring to news reports, Dormer said that forensic analysis showed the man was not Yim Yeung Tsui, a Stony Brook University student declared missing in August 1998.

Read More:
http://nycitywatch.org/mu/nycitywatchbrooklyn/2011/09/20/child-among-10-victims-in-li-slay-probe/

BTW, I submitted Mo Zheng to the tipline.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Cedar Beach in Long Island - Fifth Female Murder Victim, March 2011

Yes, Jimmy Tsui definitely has been ruled out

Referring to news reports, Dormer said that forensic analysis showed the man was not Yim Yeung Tsui, a Stony Brook University student declared missing in August 1998.

Read More:
http://nycitywatch.org/mu/nycitywatchbrooklyn/2011/09/20/child-among-10-victims-in-li-slay-probe/

BTW, I submitted Mo Zheng to the tipline.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Cedar Beach in Long Island - Fifth Female Murder Victim, March 2011

This guy's facial features align perfectly to the facial reconstruction:

Mo Zhang
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/z/zhang_mo.html

2002636580045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I have sized the above images so that they are comparable. If you click your mouse on Mo's photo and drag it to the right over the reconstruction, Mo's photo becomes transparent, and you can test the similarity of their facial shapes and spacing of their facial features.

I can't move either photo anywhere. I see a strong resemblence with the side by sides and see how the above could work if I were able to do as you suggested above.

I would call this one in Carl. there is so little information on Mo this might be a match.

I can't move either photo anywhere. I see a strong resemblence with the side by sides and see how the above could work if I were able to do as you suggested above.

I would call this one in Carl. there is so little information on Mo this might be a match.

I already did call it in.

By dragging the image, you won't actually move the photo. As you hold down the left mouse button on the image and drag it sideways a ghost image appears, and you can drag it over the other image.

I don't know why it doesn't work on your computer. Perhaps it is something that works only with the browser that I use (Mozilla Firefox).

ETA: I just tried it in MS Internet Explorer. It doesn't work. So I guess that is a trick that only works with the Mozilla Firefox browser.

It works in Firefox but not in Chrome or IE, CarlK90245.

The resemblance is uncanny! Wow!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back