1253 users online (179 members and 1074 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mansker View Post
    Is it possible that the mother/child were members of a gypsy group? The Rom do have their daughters wear jewelry and usually have pierced the ears of the girls very early. Also, the gold of the jewelry would be something that would be pleasing to them. I know the thought is Hispanic or illegal, but not Caucasian can cover the Rom as well.
    I like this idea but wouldn't others in their group notice they are missing? I think they keep very close tabs on each other and are far more family oriented than some and would know very quickly if someone and her baby were missing.

Is there any way to determine where the jewelry may have been purchased?

From what I know about gypsies is females especially a baby female do not go missing. While the males can be cheaters and wild the women are expected to stay at home and if a female wants to leave then the child or children stay behind. I would rule out gypsies plus the women are assumed to have worked in the sex trade too right?

A few thoughts:
    Burlap plus access to a likely refrigerator of large size= florist? Sea food industry? Transporting sea food or flowers would also give access to large vehicle.
    Hunting grounds and disposal grounds are likely part of delivery route, but not home base. Is there a large hotel or restaurant that would cater large events near by?

Two vics seem incidental - Asian male and baby. However, it could be possible that since profile describes a likely settled male that toddler and toddler mom could be related to killer? Perhaps his baby and girlfriend/wife? If foreign and his, maybe why not reported missing? Indian/middle eastern decent possible, too?

Wrapped in blanket implies some feeling and remorse. Baby could have been accidently with mom when death occurred and child died perhaps as mom body was being transported? With no signs of foul play... hm. Would suffocation in a refrigerated truck have left signs on a nearly total skeleton?

I hope these people are identified and this guy is stopped before he strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomeroreo View Post
    I agree with you Fireweed. Something doesn't add up with any of these innocent people. But.. I was wondering if there is more than a serial killer out there, like a ritual killer.

I have seen someone mention Sasha Davis and her daughter Selah but I don't think she's old enough to be the toddler because they said she went missing at 4 months. So this makes me think that Amanda Garsa and her mom may be the one but I think I posted on Jane Doe #3 that she was supposedly in Egypt so if they had the fathers DNA they could compare. Amanda went missing at 2 and a half. And she had pierced ears and she is not Caucasian.

All the female baby's in my family have pierced ears before they are a year old. I thought it was the norm, but then again, we are Cherokee.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

The jewelry thing is common in a lot of cultures, and strange in a lot of other cultures. I'd say it definitely is a clue as to the background because there is likely a cultural connection, but I see it not at all as a shocking or nefarious thing. Certainly not ritualistic or connected to illegal immigration, and highly unlikely to be connected to the Roma just because that's not statistically likely. Also more common with younger moms because it has become more culturally acceptable across the board. My mom would never have pierced my ears but I had some gold jewelry - if I had to guess I'd say that was an Italian thing, but I have no idea.

LE and the ME believes the baby is not white because she is wearing jewelry? If they can make that leap then why cant conclude the baby is a girl for the same reason?

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    LE and the ME believes the baby is not white because she is wearing jewelry? If they can make that leap then why cant they conclude the baby is a girl for the same reason?
    You mean they haven't? I always assumed they did. That's weird.

The toddlers gender is listed as unknown in NAMUS. Her mother was never entered into NAMUS. I call it muddying the water. Ill make a leap. I think LE knows their identity. Maybe they got a hit on the DNA? Why would they hide it? Maybe they have an eye on a male that was in the mothers life.

Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    The toddlers gender is listed as unknown in NAMUS. Her mother was never entered in NAMUS. I call it muddying the water. Ill make a leap. I think LE knows their identity. Maybe they got a hit on the DNA?Why would they hide it. Maybe they have an eye on a male that was in the mothers life.
    I new the mother was never entered. I guess I never realized the toddlers gender wasn't entered cause I always felt she was a girl. Wow...yeah I think if they had any real reason its cause they know but want to prove it.
    Its been a while how much of the mother was found? Do we know if she had all her parts? I mean could she possible not have things they'd need to list her?

Fieldnotes keeps in touch with NAMUS. The mother is not entered. ME has her DNA? Thats how they made the connection with the baby.

Yep. I remember all that. I just really wonder why they wouldn't enter the two as a pair. There has got to be a reason. Either they something and are trying to connect it or just body parts where found. Normally I'd never think just body parts found would be why but considering the area I've got to wonder. But if that was the case then gotta wonder why they'd not release that info.

The police have stated that the child was not caucasian. I think we can rule out the following groups:

Italians: Though they tend to give jewelery as presents to infant girls, Italians are caucasians

Roma / Gypsies: In addition to the very different rules for Gypsy men and women that Claireshore mentioned, nearly all Romas would probably register as caucasians skeletal wise. Their origin was in north India and most north Indians are either caucasians (abiet with darker complections) or are heavily mixed with caucasians.

Middle Easterners: These groups are caucasian in the anthropological sense.

That leaves asians, hispanics and blacks. Technically "Hipsanic" is not a race, but a culture. In every day usage, however, it is assosciated closely with certain physical features. A large number of hispanics would either register as caucasian or amerindian skeletal wise. The police have stated that the remains are not caucasian. If the child was hispanic, this would indicate either amerindian or afro hispanic skeletal features.

Most Hispanics in New York are from the carribean. These islands have very little amerindian influences today. Rather, the features of the non caucasian hispanics from these regions are ususally derived from african influences. Thus, I believe that the victim is most likely:

A. Black american (or english speaking carribean black) or
    B. Afro Hispanic (Puerto Rican, Dominican, Panamanian, Cuban)

That leaves the matter of the jewelery. Jewelery gifts to infants does not seem that common amongst black americans though it is not unheard of. I dont know about anglo carribean blacks (Jamaicans, Trinidadians etc). Infants with pierced ears and jewerly is common amongst Mexican hispanics. I imagine that it would be common amongst carribean hispanics as well. This could allow the list to be narrowed:

- Cubans: Most, but not all, cubans are caucasians.

-Dominicans or Puerto Ricans: Afro Carribean features are very common in the Domincian Republic, and what- fairly common in Puerto Rico? Puerto Ricans, however, are US citizens so I think it is less likely that an infant and mother would not be reported as missing following the discovery of the remains. That leaves illegal immigrants from the Dominican Republic.

As for asians, they can be distinguished skeletal wise from caucausians, and africans. As the police did not identify the remains as "asian", I think afro carribean is more likely. Hispanic afro carribean in particular.

The Long Island Press had this little one on their Facebook page. I wonder if this might be her? Earrings, appears to be non-Caucasian and missing with her mother.

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/mi...ssing-child/90

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast