1369 users online (304 members and 1065 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow Toddler's Mother

No sketch available
    Not in Namus

Jones Beach State Park
    Near Zach's Bay, east of Jones Beach Tower
    Nassau County, NY

11 April, 2011

Found in a plastic bag less than 40 feet from Ocean Parkway -- 1.5 miles east of the Jones Beach tower.

"Police have confirmed that the latest set of bones found Monday morning at Jones Beach State Park are human remains.

Those remains, potentially those of a 9th victim, were discovered near Zach’s Bay at the park, which is about a mile and a half east of the Jones Beach water tower." (CBS New York)

"The blanketed body of the youngest victim, a girl no older than 32 months, has been connected to another of the victims: a woman whose partial remains were found seven miles to the west near Ocean Parkway on April 11, Suffolk County police officials said Tuesday.

They added that it was quite likely that the woman was the toddler’s mother." (NY Times)

"Both mother and daughter had on inexpensive jewelry." (NY Post)

"Her mother was found with two bracelets: one with X and O charms and the other with stones made to look like diamonds." (NY Post)

Newsday Map

Shadowraith's Map

Last edited by bessie; 07-15-2015 at 02:59 PM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I'm reposting here:

Hi Rachel & Josh here, some of you may have read we are partnering with Tricia & Websleuths on a docu-series covering 5 unsolved serial killer cases. LISK is one of them and we would like to work with websleuthers in helping to identify the Jane, John, and Toddler Does connected to the case. We definitely understand there's been a lot of time and energy put into this already by websleuthers and the community, we're hoping to inject new energy into identifying. We will have a access to wide television audience who in additional can hopefully help.

I'll be posting to the threads for the other identified, please don't be shy... contact us. We are looking for some lead websleuthers to work with us as well, please reach out. Already we've heard from a lot of you on LISK and other cases. It takes a village!

Best,
    Rachel & Josh

I can't find either of them in Namus or Doenet. Have they not been entered?

Until I can find more information I'm going to assume the mother had the same basic characteristics as the other victims: petite, 18-35, working in the sex trade. If I don't find anything there, I'll expand the parameters.
    Last edited by carbuff; 06-26-2015 at 06:48 PM.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Were any of the victims non-caucasian?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I can't find either of them in Namus or Doenet. Have they not been entered?

Until I can find more information I'm going to assume the mother had the same basic characteristics as the other victims: petite, 18-35, working in the sex trade. If I don't find anything there, I'll expand the parameters.
    Mother is not in Namus or the Doe Network. The child is in Namus. Namus UP #9704

Race and ethnicity are unmarked in Namus, though there has been speculation that mother and child might be Hispanic because of the gold jewelry worn by the child.

None of the identified victims (GB4, Jessica Taylor) were non-Caucasian or Hispanic.
    Last edited by bessie; 07-16-2015 at 08:03 PM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Post mortem interval about one year, which would be spring 2011, roughly.

I think this mother/daughter pair should be looked at as possibles to Victims #7 and #9

AMANDA AMGAD SALIB GARAS (Child) and SUZAN BOULES BESCKALES GERGES (Mother)

The presumption was that mother and daughter fled to Egypt. I wonder if anyone has ever spotted either of them in Egypt, or whether there are customs records or flight manifests to provide evidence that they actually did go to Egypt.

While Suzan's necklace doesn't appear to be of identical design to the bracelets, it is similar in style (i.e, gold colored and large).

The speculation that victims #7 and #9 might be Hispanic was based on to the jewelry. But a similar speculation could be made that they might be Middle Eastern.

Bayonne New Jersey is about 80 miles from Manorville, where the child's remains were found. (It is unclear where and when the mother's remains were found).

The child was estimated to have been there approximately one year when found in 2011. So a 2007 Date of Last Contact might be a little long. But I wouldn't rule them out based on that.

Amanda's age is just about right in comparison to the estimated age of the child (victim #7).
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-30-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Nice find. Amanda's ears are clearly pierced.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garas_amanda.html

Yeah I got happy when I seen this. This is a good fine and worth looking into.

Alexa Galdamez missing with Mom Aug 2010. Toddler has pierced ears.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...mez_alexa.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9987/0/
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

The gold looks like it is 18K popular among Indian women. JMO
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

That type of jewelry I have seen at flea markets as well as street vendors in NYC...... It's gold plated metal jewelry. Mom probably loved her lil girl very much and picked up jewelry she could afford to "spoil herself and babygirl" Maybe she even worked at a stand for a street vendor at some point? Just a thought.
    www.missingkids.com

HELP US FIND THE MISSING!!!!

In memory of Melissa Ann Tremblay, Kimberly E. Farrah and Leeann Millius <3 Gone but never forgotten in my heart!

Sasha Davis and Selah Davis?

Mom and baby accompanied by a male (also missing) depart from Bronx for a visit to Rochester.
    Seems like they made it to Rochester.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1091315/1
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...nx-15-Feb-2008
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_sasha.html
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7428/7/
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10844/3/

Baby has a DNA sample, mom doesn't have. Age of the baby varies from source to source

I don't think we're going to be able to make much progress on this unless LE at least releases more information. It would be better if we had a contact in LE so we could at least know a submission has been considered.

Given the history of the LISK case, I don't think we're ever going to get that.

You ever get the impression they really don't want to know who these people are, and even moreso that they really don't want to know who the LISK is?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    You ever get the impression they really don't want to know who these people are, and even moreso that they really don't want to know who the LISK is?
    All the time. Sweeping things under the rug may be a "cleaning method" of choice for some people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast