1364 users online (259 members and 1105 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103
Results 1,531 to 1,544 of 1544
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    The picture of the earring is a little blurry. But it does look like the child is wearing Claddagh earrings
    Omg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dee, I really feel that you are on to something. Not able to explain why. It appears the father reported them missing. Is it possible the mom was turning tricks and brought the baby? Something feels like you found an answer but how could they prove It? That what sucks about this case is no follow through and no communication.

Quote Originally Posted by maddalena1 View Post
    Dee, I really feel that you are on to something. Not able to explain why. It appears the father reported them missing. Is it possible the mom was turning tricks and brought the baby? Something feels like you found an answer but how could they prove It? That what sucks about this case is no follow through and no communication.

Read the mothers profile. Whoever gave it is an oxymoron. LE should have questioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by maddalena1 View Post

I dont think its Peaches. The timeline is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppered_peach View Post
    Port jervis, its 2 hours north west right up 280.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=port+jervis
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/878ufny.html
    https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16470

I didn't realize how close Port Jervis is. There is no estimated time of death and only the skull was found, so this could be her skull. There is insufficient DNA for profiling to know for sure. This case is very interesting because of the ritualistic way the skull was positioned.

On May 18, 2006, a homeowner in a residential area of the City of Port Jervis observed from his rear window a human cranium on the roof of an adjacent tire business. The skull, according to the witness, was not there the evening before. The cranium was located on a metal roof of a garage building for a local tire company. The skull appeared to have been set on the sloped roof. It was sitting up right and a single hoop earring was located near the skull on the roof. Broken sea shells were also observed near by but it is unknown if they are related.Anthropological studies on the skull indicate it belonged to a white female possible of Hispanic descent aged 25-50 years. There does not appear to be any indications of burial or submersion in water, nor is there any apparent trauma. The teeth appear to have been removed post-mortem and after the skull was skeletonized.
    Port Jervis is located at the intersection of New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and is readily accessed from New York City and other metropolitan areas. Interstate 84, NY 17, US 6, US 209 and the NYS Thruway are all within close proximity or pass thru or by the city.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WesternArtist; 07-13-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    "Intelligence, as well, is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. (One of the facts to be reckoned with is that taste tends to develop very unevenly. It's rare that the same person has good visual taste and good taste in people and taste in ideas.)" -Susan Sontag

The ritual element reminds me of this:

SLEEPS WITH FISHES - BIZARRE FIND AT GRAVE
    DOUGLAS MONTERO and LEELA de KRESTER. New York Post. Douglas New York, N.Y. [New York, N.Y]25 Apr 2007: 017.
    Yonkers cops are investigating the bizarre desecration of a freshly dug grave after a cemetery worker discovered four smoked fishes - gutted and stuffed with photographs of unidentified people - inside the tomb.
    The fish were each wrapped in black cloth and had several spices accompanying them.
    Police said the items appeared to be left behind as a part of a ritual in Santeria, a traditionalist African-Caribbean faith.
    Lt. Tom Cleary said the fish were discovered Saturday in the open grave at St. Joseph's Cemetery on Truman Avenue.
    "We think it might be one of these types of Santeria rituals, but we're not sure," Cleary told The Post.
    He did not say if the person who was to be buried in the grave had any connection to the fish.
    He said investigators don't believe the fish are connected to a macabre offering left at St. John's Cemetery, on Saw Mill River Road, on March 14.
    In that incident, a large animal heart riddled with pins, a rubber rooster wrapped in a bandanna and a photograph of a smiling man dressed in a suit were left at the grave of Robert Newton Flagg, who died in 1897.
    About six headstones were toppled and adorned with candles.
    "That was more of a criminal mischief type of thing," Cleary said.
    A worker at St. Joseph's said offerings were common in the cemetery.
    "We sometimes have Santeria and we have some voodoo. Other times, we don't know what it is," the worker said.
    The fish could have been left as an offering to "Yemaya," the goddess of the ocean in Santeria, an expert said yesterday.
    Dr. Miguel De La Torre, a professor at the Iliff School of Theology in Denver, who wrote "Santeria: The Beliefs and Rituals of a Growing Religion in America," said that an offering to Yemaya would not be done to put a curse on somebody.
    "She's a cosmic mother figure," De La Torre said. "She's not the sort of person you would invoke to do damage to somebody."
    He said Yemaya's special day was Saturday and fish are usually sacrificed in her name.
    But he said whoever left the fish at the cemetery appeared to be confused because normally, burial grounds would be the site of an offering to Oya, the goddess of death.
    "Either the person doesn't know or understand it," De La Torre said. "There seems to be a bit of confusion here."
    "Intelligence, as well, is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. (One of the facts to be reckoned with is that taste tends to develop very unevenly. It's rare that the same person has good visual taste and good taste in people and taste in ideas.)" -Susan Sontag

This an interesting UIP to keep an eye on in any case. It's so bizarre. The Doe Network lists her estimated death date as being 1995 or earlier and it takes at least eleven years later for her skull to show up on that roof? Why then?

I get the feeling this isn't the last we'll see of her now that she's finally being entered into systems. However, with such little information to go on I don't know how we would even begin to determine whether it could be Peaches or anyone else...
    Toxic masculinity ruins the party again

-----

RIP Sarah Stern
    Love, The Dink Fam

When you spoke to the Tattoo man did you show him a photo of the girl? He maybe could identify her by that pic as peaches?

Tracey Collington was a 27-year-old African-American woman who went missing from Queens and was last seen in December 1994. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21491/

Queens is close to Long Island and came up in various clues on "The Killing Season" in relation to LISK. There aren't many details available about Tracey though, so I'm not sure if she had a tattoo or a child / C-section.

Quote Originally Posted by Emre E View Post
    Sasha Davis and Selah Davis?

Mom and baby accompanied by a male (also missing) depart from Bronx for a visit to Rochester.
    Seems like they made it to Rochester.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1091315/1
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...nx-15-Feb-2008
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_sasha.html
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7428/7/
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10844/3/

Baby has a DNA sample, mom doesn't have. Age of the baby varies from source to source
    I was also thinking about Sasha and Selah. NamUs says that Sasha had a tattoo on her left breast (that's where Peaches' peach tattoo was) but doesn't say what the tattoo was of: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10844/102
    Plus, they were from the Bronx, right in NYC.

Sasha and Selah Davis seem like a good potential but I do think Peaches Doe is Celina Janette Mays

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...4#post11955934

... and If I am allowed to speculate, I think LE already knows this.

I also believe that Peaches is Celina May. I wonder if she ever ventured into Blackwood or was at Lordes medical Centre.

I'm not seeing the Celina connection. Not at all.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Peaches and the other UID's could possibly be identified through Parabon.
    Especially Peaches. Theres no sketch of her.
    Why hasnt this been done?
    The FBI is involved in this case.
    They have done it in othe cases.
    Last edited by deedee21; 10-19-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103