NJ - " I am the Watcher..." -- A Hoax ?

LietKynes

Former Member
Reaction score
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-31...m-dream-home-targeted-terrifying-stalker.html

I am the Watcher. Bring me young blood': Family forced out of $1.3m dream home after being targeted by terrifying stalker
A Westfield, New Jersey family had just bought the six bedroom home when three days in they received their first letter from 'The Watcher'
The letters threaten the family and their children and 'The Watcher' claims to be from a family who have stalked the home and its owners for years

What think ye ?? :scared:

Was there a previous article on it here at WS ? If so, this could be merged. I checked and didn't see one. Apparently this happened in 2014.
My first thought was that the family who bought it could not afford the payments ; but that is mere speculation.

If the alleged perp's handwriting is consistent, and if there are fingerprints-- it wouldn't seem unreasonable for law enforcement to nab him/her and charge them with stalking.

My other thought was that it's being written by someone who wants the house and is waiting for the price to drop--- along with a little "spiritual" .......assistance. .. :giggle:

I'd be tempted to do what another commenter posted in the DM... buy it and turn it into a tourist attraction ; complete with wearing a costume and displaying the scary letters.

:moo:

Thanks for the links, wfgodot.
My first opinion agreed with meanmaryjean's ; that the family maybe bit off more than they could chew. It sounded like the current owners renovated after receiving the first letter.
And I'm assuming they know the previous owners (Woods) received a letter before the current owners ( Broaddus family). How did the Broaddus' know this ?

As a teen and later young adult, I was creeped out by the "Ammityville" story. Some years after that when it was largely debunked, it made more sense. Afaik; the Lutz's were unable to keep up with the payments -- hence the "haunting" accounts.
The most terrifying aspect of the Ammityville tragedy was that a young man chose to murder his own flesh and blood. I've also wondered why no one woke up and tried to flee.
But that's way off-topic.

Imo, there are a few possibilities why this is happening : Money woes. Someone wants to get rid of this house , or see it offered for sale at a reduced price.
OR , Someone has waaay too much time on their hands ; or is a complete psycho -- or both.

Is there a way to extract dna from the letters ? Or at least look at people/person who has lived in the area for many years and may have had a feud with the original owners ?

:moo:

I was just coming to post this. It's so weird!

1. I don't believe this for one single minute.

2. But I am beyond ready to see a film version of this odd tale!

"I am the Watcher. Bring me your young blood.:".Family forced out of $1.3M dream home after being targeted by terrifying stalker.

The family bought the six-bedroom home in Westfield, New Jersey, just three days before receiving their first letter from 'The Watcher'

The stalker's messages threaten couple and their three young children

He claims to be from a family that has stalked the home for 90 years

The new owners, who are too scared to move into the house, are suing the previous owners on claims they withheld knowledge of the weirdo

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...argeted-terrifying-stalker.html#ixzz3e1nmpGLM

The prior owners bought the house in 1990, according to Zillow, and sold it in 2014. Was the letter before closing the first one the prior owners ever received? I imagine LE is looking at other people that were interested in the house, like in the case of the San Diego dream house and the stalker woman.

Interesting to note that macabre artist Charles Addams was born and raised in Westfield and drew many of his Addams Family cartoons there.

'You have changed it and made it so fancy...it cries for the past and what used to be in the time when I roamed its halls...when I ran from room to room imagining the life with the rich occupants there...and now I watch and wait for the day when the young blood will be mine again...

'(The house) is turning on me it is coming after me...I am in charge of it...Let the young blood play again like I once did...Stop changing it and let it alone.'
....and the letters are legitimately creepy.

“Have they found what is in the walls yet?

“In time they will.

“All of the windows and doors in 657 Boulevard allow me to watch you and track you as you move through the house.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-dream-home-targeted-terrifying-stalker.html

http://gawker.com/bring-me-young-blood-the-creepy-threats-of-the-westf-1713729620

This had to have been disclosed in the real estate contract or the owners can get remedy, I believe? I see gitana on the thread; perhaps she can comment from a legal perspective.

My guess on who is doing this? A wacko neighbor who is attempting to exert control over who "gets" to live there. Obviously someone very disturbed, and is probably otherwise powerless in life. Look for a shut in, or a hermit, or someone a little too interested in the neighborhood going ons. MOO.

Editing to add: Additional thought. Yes, IMO this is definitely a neighbor; someone who dislikes children and the noise they make. MOO

I am confused. It's weird and creepy, but do houses come with a money back guarantee if it turns out to be spooky?
I'd better get reading the articles.

My first question is where did the family receive the letters? I don't think at "the home".
That would be very intimidating for the family to receive mail at their current address.

I am confused. It's weird and creepy, but do houses come with a money back guarantee if it turns out to be spooky?

No, but you do have to disclose things that could significantly diminish the value of the home. IMO, and an amateur one at that, this would qualify!

No, but the sellers have to disclose all material impairments to the enjoyment and use of the property. Since the stalker apparently wrote to the sellers before the closing, the Complaint argues that they had an obligation to disclose the stalker's existence before the property changed hands. In their view, the threatening letter writer is no different than a leaky roof.

When we last sold a house (about 10 years ago), our realtors advised us emphatically to disclose anything we could think of, no matter how trivial it seemed. They had horror stories of lawsuits that were filed almost a year after closing and took years to drag through the courts.

The Watcher's prose, expressed in sonnet form:

It has been the subject of my family for decades.
It cries for the past and what used to be.
You have changed it and made it so fancy --
Why are you here? I will find out.
Have you found all the secrets it holds,
Have they found what is in the walls yet?
Stop changing it and let it alone.
I ran from room to room imagining the life....

Let the young blood play again like I once did;
I will call to them and draw them to me.
It is turning on me it is coming after me:
You have changed it and made it so fancy --
Let the young blood play again like I once did,
Stop changing it and let it alone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads