GUILTY LA - Lindsay Nichols, 31, fnd slain in burned car, New Orleans, 21 June 2015

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
1Fo67ch.jpg

Lindsay Nichols, 31

Woman found dead in trunk in eastern New Orleans died of gunshot wound, coroner says
By Heather Nolan, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on June 23, 2015 at 4:44 PM, updated June 23, 2015 at 4:49 PM

A woman whose body was found in the trunk of a burned-out car in eastern New Orleans Sunday (June 21) died of a gunshot wound, Orleans Parish Coroner Dr. Jeffrey Rouse said. He identified the woman as Lindsay Nichols, 31.
Mother of woman found murdered in burned-out car in New Orleans East seeks answers
Matt Sledge| msledge@theadvocate.com
June 25, 2015

[...]
On Sunday, Nichols became yet another victim of shocking violence in the city.
NOPD officers responded to a report of a vehicle fire at Lake Forest and Michoud boulevards about 7 a.m.

It is a lonely stretch of Michoud, a street where cars are sometimes set alight. But after the New Orleans Fire Department extinguished the fire, Nichols’ body was found inside the trunk.

Nichols did not die by fire, however. Someone shot her, according to New Orleans Coroner Jeffrey Rouse.

[...]
Homicide Detective Robert Barrere is in charge of the investigation and can be reached at (504) 658-5300.

Family wants answers in young woman's murder
Jaclyn Kelley / Eyewitness News 6:52 p.m. CDT June 25, 2015

[...]
Nichols, a Des Allmandes native, was a loving mother to her 9-year-old son Peter.

"If she, like, knew somebody was feeling sad or something, she would always be there to support them," her son said.
Nichols had recently returned home from Texas, where she traveled to work as a timekeeper for a construction company. Her mother said she had just moved into a new place and went out to a New Orleans East bar with friends Saturday night to celebrate.

"Around 1 a.m. a couple of them said they needed to go home because it was Father's Day the next day and they had things to do," Dufrene said.

Her family says that was the last time anyone saw her alive.

9sSihas.jpg

LINK

Coroner's office identifies woman found in burned vehicle in New Orleans East
Published 9:20 AM CDT Jun 24, 2015

[...]
Little information is known at this time.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call CRIMESTOPPERS at 504-822-1111.
Murder victim found in burned car identified as Des Allemands native
Anna Thibodeaux
June 23 at 3:08 pm

[...]
Police spokesman Officer Garry Flot said in a news release that a caller reported the car fire to police about 7 a.m. Sunday. Flot reported firefighters put out the fire then found the body.

Homicide Detective Robert Barrere is investigating the crime.

Nichols’ identity was released once the coroner notified relatives.

Flot also reported the coroner classified the death as murder, and an autopsy confirmed the cause of death.

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111 or (877) 903-STOP. A cash reward of up to $2,500 is available for information leading only to the arrest, except on homicides, where Crimestoppers will pay half of the reward upon the arrest and half on the indictment of the responsible person(s).

Callers do not have identify themselves or testify to receive the reward, but must contact Crimestoppers directly with information.
Citizens can also submit an anonymous tip online to Crimestoppers at www.crimestoppersgno.org.

Family seeks answers after daughter's body found in burned car in New Orleans East
Published 10:54 AM CDT Jun 25, 2015

[...]
“She wouldn't say where she was going, but she said she was going somewhere after,” Dufrene said. “Some of them had gotten calls and texts up until like 4 in the morning.”

Dufrene said Sunday that her daughter never called to wish her stepfather a happy Father’s Day.

“So about 3 in the afternoon, I said, ‘That's really odd.’ so I started calling her phone and it wasn't going through, so I got nervous,” Dufrene said.

Dufrene saw images of her daughter’s burned car on the Internet. She soon got word that police had found her daughter’s body burned in the trunk of her car.

Thanks, Bessie, for getting this thread started. I lost track of a couple of days after hubby had minor surgery this week. I just took another look at the article on NOLA.com about Lindsay's murder and noticed one of the commenters posted this link to an article in the Advocate about two young women from Texas who were found shot to death in the same car in Baton Rouge.

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/12702918-123/two-people-shot-to-death

I also noticed that a relative of Lindsay's (an uncle maybe) posted his frustration with not having any info or follow up from LE on her case. It sounds like the murder of Officer Holloway and the debate over the Confederate flag and statues have distracted so many in NOLA who might be able to put more focus on her murder.

Hoping and praying that Lindsay's family, especially her young son, gets answers to find peace after this tragedy.

Lindsay's case has been bugging me all week, mostly becuase there has been very little coverage of it with so much other important breaking news in NOLA this week. If Lindsay was found in the trunk of her own car in such a remote area, can we assume her killer got a ride from the crime scene or did he walk back to the bar or his own car or home where she was last? And why hasn't MSM mentioned the bar she was at with friends? Thank God we knew that Jaren left Temptations and Jasilas left Stilettos and even that Terrilynn was at Parlays before their bodies were found. Are there no videos from the bar Lindsay went to that night?

If Lindsay's family thinks she may have known the person she left with, why not have MSM give his name as someone LE is interested in speaking to? Someone from Lindsay's family needs to put pressure on LE to get her story out and ask the public for more help. I can't believe we have another young woman who has lost her life in such a horrific way and another child who will grow up without a mother.

Lindsay's case has been bugging me all week, mostly becuase there has been very little coverage of it with so much other important breaking news in NOLA this week. If Lindsay was found in the trunk of her own car in such a remote area, can we assume her killer got a ride from the crime scene or did he walk back to the bar or his own car or home where she was last? And why hasn't MSM mentioned the bar she was at with friends? Thank God we knew that Jaren left Temptations and Jasilas left Stilettos and even that Terrilynn was at Parlays before their bodies were found. Are there no videos from the bar Lindsay went to that night?

If Lindsay's family thinks she may have known the person she left with, why not have MSM give his name as someone LE is interested in speaking to? Someone from Lindsay's family needs to put pressure on LE to get her story out and ask the public for more help. I can't believe we have another young woman who has lost her life in such a horrific way and another child who will grow up without a mother.
I understand your frustration, and believe me, I have my own issues with NOPD. But consider if that person were your son, or mine. Would we want his name blasted all over the internet if he were totally innocent? I wouldn't, that's for sure. If and when NOPD deems that name should be released, it will be. Otherwise, there's a serious risk of ruining an innocent person's life. It ain't worth it, IMHO.

If s/he's guilty, posting the name will only alert him/her that LE is on to him/her; and/or breed gossip and rumors which are neither true, nor relevant.

ETA: A recent example is the horrible murder of the father and son killed in their Metairie home. Some thought the friends who'd recently left the home must be guilty. We now know they were totally innocent, and the perp was someone unknown to the family.

I understand your frustration, and believe me, I have my own issues with NOPD. But consider if that person were your son, or mine. Would we want his name blasted all over the internet if he were totally innocent? I wouldn't, that's for sure. If and when NOPD deems that name should be released, it will be. Otherwise, there's a serious risk of ruining an innocent person's life. It ain't worth it, IMHO.

If s/he's guilty, posting the name will only alert him/her that LE is on to him/her; and/or breed gossip and rumors which are neither true, nor relevant.

ETA: A recent example is the horrible murder of the father and son killed in their Metairie home. Some thought the friends who'd recently left the home must be guilty. We now know they were totally innocent, and the perp was someone unknown to the family.

I agree, but I felt this same way when there was so much hush about the group Terrilynn Monette was with at Parlays before she went missing for three months. I still think had there been more focus or pressure put on the person(s) she was with the last couple of hours at the bar, had there been more honesty or disclosure about the events that led to her "falling asleep" in her car in the parking lot and then attempting to drive home before dawn, only to fall asleep at the wheel a few minutes from her home and drive over a curb into the bayou, (I still don't believe it happened that easily), then Terrilynn's family would have had answers and closure weeks earlier.

As for the Pences' murders, I remember some SM rumors questioned whether an acquaintance or his wife would have had a motive, but Metairie can be a closely knit, "small town" when it comes to knowing friends and family like the Pences. Everyone I know knew someone close to their family, and within a week, Sheriff Normand had the private videos from their neighbors' security cameras and the white SUV that drove all over Clifford Dr. that horrible night. In fact, I just looked back at the WDSU report about the arrest of the two 's involved in the murder and they were caught in NO East. There is even mention of the automatic license plate recognition cameras used in tracking the SUV. I'm assuming the same can be used in tracking the whereabouts of Lindsay's car too? I'm also guessing that from the location of the CS, that Lindsay may have been at a bar in the Chef Menteur area? I spent many of my college days and nights in bars all over NOLA, but never in NO East and I don't know the name of a single one in that area.

As for the person Linsday was last seen with, this 40 something-year-old Catholic school girl still believes "the Truth will set you free- whether you're innocent or guilty." Hopefully Lindsay's family will find out the truth about her murder and get justice for her and her son.

421 views but no new ideas about who did this to Lindsay? And is it just a coinicidence that in the past month four young women in LA with ties to TX have been killed? Jasilas Wright was being taken unwillingly to the Dallas area by a "boyfriend" (before jumping from his car to her death on the I-10), two young women from outside the Dallas area are found shot in the head in a car in a residential subdivision in Baton Rouge, and Lindsay is found dead from a gunshot wound in the trunk of her burned out car after just moving back from TX. Maybe no connection at all, but I hope if there is something related, LE is on it before another young woman loses her life like these have.:thinking:

I'm so tired of our horrific crime. I really am. If I ever go missing, please call ProjectNOLA first. They have better luck than anyone.

On WWLTV tonight- Nearly a third of all killings in NOLA this year have been in the East.

NEW ORLEANS - One man shot and killed, two others injured in the 4600 block of Alcee Fortier Boulevard.

A 31-year-old mother, found shot and burned in the trunk of a car at Lake Forest and Michoud Boulevards.

And, a man was killed when a car pulled alongside his vehicle on I-10 near Read Boulevard and opened fire on the moving car.

Recent acts of violence this month in New Orleans East, that have left some locals like Kim Smith, shocked and saddened.

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/30/killings-new-orleans-east/29541631/

I wonder how many have been solved? Maybe this is why Lindsay's murder is just another statistic in NOLA?:(

Updates on recent murders in NOLA:

Murderers of Jawara Givens arrested:jail:

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/cri...d-in-murder-of-st-augustine-student/29641305/

Murderer of Milan Arriola arrested:jail:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf...ed_in_murder_of_5.html#incart_related_stories

Murderer(s) of Lindsay Nichols?:confused:

I've never seen such a violent and tragic murder case go cold so fast on WS before. Over 800 views and no theories or comments. What happened to "Silence is Violence" in NOLA? I hope someone out there is being the voice for Lindsay.

Hoping to keep Lindsay's case from going cold this soon. 100 murders in NOLA this year already isn't making it any easier.:maddening:

Updates on recent murders in NOLA:

Murderers of Jawara Givens arrested:jail:

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/cri...d-in-murder-of-st-augustine-student/29641305/

Murderer of Milan Arriola arrested:jail:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf...ed_in_murder_of_5.html#incart_related_stories

Murderer(s) of Lindsay Nichols?:confused:

I've never seen such a violent and tragic murder case go cold so fast on WS before. Over 800 views and no theories or comments. What happened to "Silence is Violence" in NOLA? I hope someone out there is being the voice for Lindsay.
Oh, believe me, I have. What about Renita Menzies.

Are we supposed to believe she committed suicide in the back seat of her burning car? No, not NOLA, but close enough. And I could easily name a few others who died under mysterious circumstances in Orleans Parish. Too easy to chalk them up as "accidents" or "suicide".

LA - Renita Menzies, 52, Lacombe, Oct 2010 - Body found in burned out car

Suspect arrested for Lindsay's murder. Looks like LE had plenty evidence to lead them to this . Hope he spends the rest of his life paying for this horrible crime.

Will post link to article on NOLA.com when this dang iPad cooperates!

He looks like such a charmer..not. Why would she give him her number in the first place or go meet him at 4 in the morning.

What in the world did I just read?! She called 911 and nobody went to her? I'm confused. If she called at 4:45ish and witnesses saw him around 7am by her trunk, does that mean the police never responded to her call? Its sounds pretty frantic and IMO, LE should be under fire for this for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back