975 users online (187 members and 788 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Leonardtown, LIVING WhtFem UP13688, 4-6, abandoned child, Jun'77

Date found June 01, 1977 00:00

Estimated age PreAdolescent
    Minimum age 4 years
    Maximum age 6 years
    Race White
    Sex Female
    Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches) , Cannot Estimate

City Leonardtown
    State Maryland
    Zip code
    County St. Mary's

Unidentified Living was approximately 4-5 years old in June 1977, when left in the care of a casual acquaintance by the purported mother of the child. The purported mother may have went by the Name Debbie Gutierrez or "Bombshell" (unverified), and she never reappeared to claim her child, relinquish custody or provide a birth certificate of any other documentation for the unidentified living. The acquaintance passed the child to another woman who raised her and subsequently petitioned the court for guardianship.

No identity documents have ever been provided and the Unidentified Living person has no proof of birth name, date of birth, or birth mother's name. It is not known if the woman presenting as Debbie Gutierrez was, in fact, the biological mother.

Hair Color Sandy
    Left Eye Color Brown
    Right Eye Color Brown

Fingerprints and DNA samples are available, dental is not.

I'm actually amazed that there hasn't been a thread for this girl yet. I'm going to put who I think she might be below.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5505/0 - Melissa Highsmith, 1, 1971, TX (she has a birthmark but babies' birthmarks may disappear over time - mine did)

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2684/4 - Christina Carter, 3, 1973, AL

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6233/7 - Sheri Johnson, 4, 1974, MO

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24935/8 - Patricia Wood, 4, 1976, NH

I just hope she gets identified soon. If she was alive, i wonder where she is now.

san jose, ca
    is this person still alive? accounted for?

Chicago burbs
    Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    is this person still alive? accounted for?

I assume she is due to the Namus case file being recent. I'd even go as far as guessing it was the abandoned girl herself who contacted the authorities seeking her bio family.

I wish they would get DNA in the system. At least that way she could be ruled out as possibly being kidnapped and reported missing.

If I am correct about this girl seeking her identity, I hope she has also tried the various genealogy dna databases and testing.

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

san jose, ca
    her story sounds just like carlina white's,

Going by the supposed mom's last name and the photo of the girl, I'd guess her to be hispanic. Her hair is definitely not "sandy," unless sand is brown. She's a remarkably adorable little girl. There's a slew of Debbie Gutierrezs on FB. I tend to believe that people in situations tell partial truths. My bet? Mom couldn't raise the child, or feared for the safety of the child, and is alive and well in some other state. Or maybe even her native country. I'll bet the girl was never reported missing.

Jackson, MS
    Jennifer Lee Klein is a possibility, but her eye color is blue and this girl's eyes are brown.
    Who was Walker County Jane Doe?