TX - Police investigate video of brutal beating of teen holding child

zwiebel

Reaction score
Police are investigating a video shot outside Herfurth Elementary in Rowlett, Texas that shows a young woman being brutally beaten, while holding a child. The child is thrown to the floor and its head cracks concrete, during the attack.

This has been all over social media and, sadly, <modsnip> earlier as an unverified, unlinked, black on white, racist crime. Police have just announced that is not the case. I'll bring those links over in a sec.

http://www.wfaa.com/videos/news/cri...on-woman-child-at-elementary-school/29317427/

These tweets are from a verified CBS journalist.

[video=twitter;614483901541584898]https://twitter.com/JLindgrenCBS11/status/614483901541584898[/video]

The latest:

[video=twitter;614499829276741632]https://twitter.com/JLindgrenCBS11/status/614499829276741632[/video]

A social media user also managed to identify who uploaded the video and where it was shot, and by whom (allegedly) and notified police. I don't know if the crime had already been reported. I couldn't find it earlier.

Unbelievable. Nobody reported it. WTH?

[video=twitter;614512305150169089]https://twitter.com/JLindgrenCBS11/status/614512305150169089[/video]

Wow, that is tough to watch. Poor little kid. Girls have gotten so violent lately, not sure why. But that girl sitting holding the boy clearly didn't want to fight. She just stayed sitting down and was totally non-threatening. There are a whole mess of charges that could come out of that, assault, child abuse, etc. But we likely wont hear much since they are juvi.

Seeing that toddler go flying and screaming on the floor is incredibly upsetting. I hope the suspect and everyone who stood by and encouraged/did nothing is punished to the full extent of the law.

This isn't a woman, this is a 14 year old girl. While LE believe this isn't racially motivated because the victim is biracial, the investigation may prove otherwise. This was an unprovoked attacked. jmo

The fight with the 14-year-old victim is a misdemeanor offense, police say, but the injury to the 3-year-old is a third-degree felony.

Hernandez says detectives have received several leads since the video surfaced, and they expect to make an arrest.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/06/26/rowlett-police-chasing-leads-in-viral-video-of-fight/

Since the horrific assault on the three year old is a felony I wonder if the 13 year old will be charged as an adult and if so will she be publicly identified.

It's interesting that aside from coverage by local network affiliates there has been no coverage nationwide of this sickening attack. <modsnip>

From Rowlett PD FB page

Rowlett Police Department
Government Organization · 3,886 Likes · 7 hrs · Edited ·
An update on the assault involving the toddler - the suspect has been identified and a warrant has been issued for her arrest. Because she is 13 years old, the law prohibits us from releasing her identity. The suspect and her guardian are aware of the warrant and have chosen to go into hiding. We are continuing the investigation and are actively attempting to locate the suspect. If you have information that would help locate her, please call the Rowlett Police Department at 972-412-6201. Please understand that the procedures we must follow in real life investigations take time. Be assured that we will locate the suspect.
UPDATE - The family is now cooperating and making arrangements to deliver the suspect, who is out of town, to the Rowlett Police Department.

BBM since helping a felon avoid arrest is a crime in itself the guardian should be charged as an accessory but I doubt that they will be charged.

This isn't a woman, this is a 14 year old girl. While LE believe this isn't racially motivated because the victim is biracial, the investigation may prove otherwise. This was an unprovoked attacked. jmo

The fight with the 14-year-old victim is a misdemeanor offense, police say, but the injury to the 3-year-old is a third-degree felony.

Hernandez says detectives have received several leads since the video surfaced, and they expect to make an arrest.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/06/26/rowlett-police-chasing-leads-in-viral-video-of-fight/

Hopefully assaulter and others involved in attack are arrested and charged to the fullest extent of the law. This is absolutely despicable, what could anyone do that would provoke such sick behavior? LE and schools systems need to start cracking down on downright disturbing unprovoked assaults. Easy lesson to learn kiddos, respect other people's personal space, human rights, keep hands to oneself and if you don't like someone, then avoid them. This is utter nonsense, and she harmed a baby no less. No excuse, other than obvious individual has serious issues. Jmo/

I hope that the police don't stop with just this one arrest. There was another female youth who prevented the victim's friend from trying to stop the attack. And then there is the male youth who was dancing with glee. I hope police don't let politics get in the way of an arrest of these accomplices.

I hope that the police don't stop with just this one arrest. There was another female youth who prevented the victim's friend from trying to stop the attack. And then there is the male youth who was dancing with glee. I hope police don't let politics get in the way of an arrest of these accomplices.

It makes you wonder if there is something else going with these individuals in video, like abuse or someone taught these individuals that hurting/unwanted physical contact is somehow acceptable or they're just neighbor bullies. I learned right from wrong and compassion, defending victim, etc. from 4 yrs old on, so I would think teens should really understand that this behavior is not acceptable. It's unbelievable and extremely troublesome, Jmo.

I won't watch the video but from the description I am sick to my stomach. I hope this person, regardless of age, is taught a severe lesson. This could have ended so badly, they are fortunate it wasn't worse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back