1022 users online (220 members and 802 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - Sharon 'Sheree' Jackson, 56, Lake City, 21 June 2015

Sharon "Sherry" Jackson

Baker County deputies searching for missing woman
    Multiple agencies are searching for a 56-year-old missing woman whose abandoned vehicle was recently found just south of Lake City, authorities said Friday.

Sharon "Sherry" Jackson, 56, was last heard from June 21, according to the Baker County Sheriff's Office. Her vehicle, a black 2010 Chevrolet Equinox, was recently found on State Road 47 near Harmony Lane in Columbia County, deputies said.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/...unty/29357939/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Finding it hard to get started on this one but here is a map which may be of help.
    I found a match & possible home address for Sharon, a correctional facility (her previous line of work) and a location for where her vehicle was found abandoned.

I'm a bit concerned about the term "Multiple agencies are searching" - guess they know something we don't (yet)...

Columbia County Sheriff's Office Facebook
    Columbia County Sheriff's Office
    Yesterday at 4:20pm Edited

CCSO is attempting to assist Baker County Sheriff's Office in locating a missing woman.

Sharon "Sheree" Jackson's vehicle a black 2010 chev equinox was recently found on Sr 47 near Harmony Ln just north of I75.

If you have information please contact Baker County Sheriff's Office at 904-259-2861.
    https://www.facebook.com/16014972747...816813/?type=1

Comments are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLouCards View Post
    Finding it hard to get started on this one but here is a map which may be of help.
    I found a match & possible home address for Sharon, a correctional facility (her previous line of work) and a location for where her vehicle was found abandoned.

I'm a bit concerned about the term "Multiple agencies are searching" - guess they know something we don't (yet)...
    It looks like her home address is in Baker county and the SUV was found in Columbia county, which is probably explains the "multiple agencies".

Seems really unusual that LE left the vehicle on the side of the road for so many days!

PJFL is offline What's done in the dark will come to the light.

Scarlettjax is offline Verified Retired Director of Corrections/ Expert in Jails and Detention
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=489122071244280&id=160149 727474851&fref=nf

Update by Columbia County Sheriff's Office on Facebook. Dog teams searching today.

They have found a body. Link to come. My friend is news editor for a local paper.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/...arch/29666609/

This shows a roped-off home that appears to be southwest of the interesction at State Road 47 and SW Business Point Drive. I believe there is the home in the photo plus a second home that sits back from the road.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/ne...sing-ba/nmrML/

oh no, I had good hopes for this one

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLouCards View Post

Do we know where she works now? The Sheriff's statement said she had run out of gas and told a State Trooper that she had help on the way. I hope they can get those phone records fast.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

From your link clueless:

"BCSO then attempted to locate a next of kin and learned Jackson was missing. A missing persons report was created and all local agencies were notified, along with state and federal databases."

"Detectives learned Jackson spoke with a trooper around 6:30 a.m. on June 22 in the area where her vehicle was found. She told the trooper she ran out of gas, did not need assistance and did not appear to be in distress."

"CCSO said specialty dog teams from First Response Search Team out of Tallahassee began searching the area Friday morning and have located items they believe are related to the case. The remains were found around 11:30 a.m."

"It is not known at this time if the remains are that of Jackson"

I wonder wth happened after she ran out of gas.

I know right? What happened in that time frame? Who did she call, wasn't AAA because that would be too easy to find the driver and accuse him, so was it a friend? But still there are phone records, they will figure this out. And why on earth would they do this? Makes no sense to me, none!.

Just checking in to see if there is any news on Sharon. Really hoping this is not her and that she is somewhere else, but it doesn't look good. Praying for her family.

Scarlettjax is offline Verified Retired Director of Corrections/ Expert in Jails and Detention

Too bad she didn't tell the officer who she called for help. Too bad the officer didn't stick around to make sure she got the help. I guess the phone records will tell us who she called, when they get them. If it is a burner phone at the other end, will they be able to trace it back to the person? I am hoping so. No one has come forward to say, " Ya she called me and when I got there she was gone" or any AAA towing or gas station that we know of. That may be all hush, hush for now, so they can do the investigation. There has to be a paper or digital trail on this one. Do correction officers, carry a gun? My brother is one, but he doesn't carry it inside, too risky to be armed there. They will use it against you if they get a chance. But he carries, and has a CWP. Just stuff running through my head.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast