NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
7C8LHE1.jpg

RICHARD MATT and DAVID SWEAT

Search underway for two murderers missing from state prison in Dannemora
PUBLISHED: SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2015 AT 9:43 AM - UPDATED: SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2015 AT 11:18 AM
Daily Courier-Observer

DANNEMORA - A search is underway for two prisoners, both serving sentences for murder convictions, that were discovered missing early Saturday morning from Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora.

New York State Police said they received a call at 5:45 a.m. Saturday from corrections’ officials reporting two prisoners were unaccounted for during a 5:30 a.m. bed check. State police are now currently searching for the two escaped prisoners.

They are:
Richard Matt, 48, a white male, 6’ tall, 210 pounds, with black hair and hazel eyes. He has tattoos on back “Mexico Forever”, a heart on his chest and left shoulder, and a marine corps insignia on his right shoulder.

David Sweat, 34, white male, 5’11” tall, 165 pounds, brown hair and green eyes. He has tattoos on his left bicep and his right fingers
NY Gov.: 2 Convicted Murderers Used Power Tools to Escape
DANNEMORA, N.Y. — Jun 6, 2015, 4:50 PM ET
ABC News/AP

Two convicted murderers used power tools to cut through steel pipes at a maximum-security prison near the Canadian border and escape through a manhole, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Saturday.

"It was an elaborate plot," Cuomo said after joining law enforcement authorities to retrace the prisoners' escape route from the Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, N.Y.

[...]
"A search revealed that here was a hole cut out of the back of the cell through which these inmates escaped," Annucci said. "They went onto a catwalk which is about 6 stories high. We estimate they climbed down and had power tools and were able to get out to this facility through tunnels, cutting away at several spots."

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5

I noticed some stuff that didn't make sense regarding the path the guys would've made to get from Dannemora to Lindley to Friendship so I will go ahead and re-post this map that shows the likely path, which of course presumes they're riding the rails on freight trains as often as possible:

CH-41JpVAAElt4n.jpg:large

There is no doubling back IMO AFAIK.

Source: New York escapee Richard Matt killed; David Sweat being pursued
Malone, New York (CNN)Richard Matt, one of two escaped murderers from an upstate New York maximum-security prison, was shot and killed by officers involved in a massive three-week manhunt, three law enforcement sources said Friday.

Officers are still pursuing fugitive David Sweat but appeared to be closing in on him Friday night, a law enforcement official told CNN.

The violent development in the 21-day manhunt began around 1:30 p.m. when police received a call of shots fired near Route 30 in the vicinity of Malone, New York, according to law enforcement officials briefed on the matter. About 20 minutes later, more gunshots were heard.

Tweets

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 11s11 seconds ago

WATCH NOW:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo holds press conference on escapees
http://bit.ly/1IiBt0u

okay three links............no one should miss it LOL

Cuomo: Nothing to confirm where Sweat is at this time

TWCNews (local station) Live: at the presser:

Cuomo speaking: Thank you good evening to all of you I want to thank NY state police, dept of corrections, DEC, FBI, US Marshalls, US customs and border patrol. VT police, DAs, Sheriffs, Platsburgh city police, Malone police, St Regis Mohawk Tribal police.

This afternoon there was a civillian complaint in Town of Duane, a gunshot at a camping trailer, state police investigated, came upon a cabin, smelled gunpowder, LE partners were then notifed and customs and border patrol tactical team helicoptered in and approached the site, they came upon Matt, engaged Matt who was armed and Matt was shot and killed.

We have no reason to believe Sweat was NOT with Matt at the time but we do not have any confirming evidence that he was either. There are several leads that are being tracked down as we speak about his possible whereabouts but we have nothing to confirm where Sweat is at this time.

I want to thank the residents of these counties, we've had over 2300 leads... etc.. thanking LE..

(IMO he's lying again, they know where he is and he's gonna be dead soon JMO.)

So they dont know where Sweat is. They could have split up. Sweat may not be anywhere around there. jmo

20 gauge shotgun recovered with matt's body

D'Amico: couldn't have done it without the people standing here, want to extend my personal thanks to the peopel whose communities we've been searching (audience breaks into applause) .. we thank you for your patience and support and for looking out for our officers, we really appreciate it, but we ask you to remain vigilant, Sweat is still out there and is dangerous, call 911 or our tip line.

will take questions...

no shots fired by matt at the scene.........told by LE to put his hands up, did not comply, shot by LE when did not comply

Zach Hirsch ‏@zdhirsch 4m4 minutes ago

ny state police: officers heard coughs in the woods. Tactical team from CBP challenged and shot Matt. No sightings of Sweat #PrisonBreakNY

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 30s30 seconds ago

Superintendent Joseph D'Amico: "From the beginning our Canadian partners... have been involved with us."

He mentioned every single DNA was Matt .:thinking: No mention of Sweat

D'Amico - (These are answers to questions I can't hear)

we'll be taking statements from the team who were involved in the shooting, I can tell you they verbally challeneged him told him to put up his hands and he did not comply, no there were no shots fired BY Matt.

Yes we recovered evidence from the burglary almost a week ago that indicated they were together, yes.

We didn't recover evidence of Sweat in the town of Malone on Wednesday, not saying he wasn't there jusut dind't recover evidence.

We've always assumed they were armed and dangerous, had access to cabins and lean tos and other hunting structures, last week we did believe a 20 gage shotgun was taken and it was the weapon or a weapon similar to hte one we recovered from Matt tonight.

There's no factual evidence that either of htem was heading to Canada, we're looking at the path they're taking, they were heading north, at no point did we have definite evidence they were heading to Canada, from the start RCMP etc have been ready (missed the wording)

Our preference would always be to capture them alive.

We will continue the same tactics we've employed the past 3 weeks which is search 24 hours a day until we find them.

The area of Duane and Malone is where we have been searching recently but again we ask everyone to remain vigilant everywhere.

I can only say that a tactical team from the US customs and border protection engaged Matt and he was shot by one of his members. the location is off state route 30 in the southern part of Malone where it borders Duane.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago

State Police Superintendent:"The last positive sighting of #DavidSweat was at the time of his escape" #nyprisonbreak
0 retweets 1 favorite

Are they even sure they were together? Because it doesn't sound like it to me!

NO! He just said that they had definite evidence that they were together last Saturday in the first cabin, but the more recent evidence was just Matt.

Sweat could be anywhere.

the LE sounds like he knows better than the gov

that is what I was saying before --- they all use tradegy to get airtime to get reelcected, the dude was whereever he lives or whatever three hours ago, flies drives whatever in , meets with the people that are really in thick of it , and then they go out and act like they have a clue

I am sorry , I liked my anology, I am having a heart attack, no worries a dentist is coming

same sh%t

no shots fired by matt at the scene.........told by LE to put his hands up, did not comply, shot by LE when did not comply

Queenie- that surprised me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members