Taiwan: Over 200 injured in explosion at water park.

Skittles

Reaction score
"More than 200 people were injured -- scores of them seriously -- after flammable powder apparently exploded in midair at a recreational water park in Taiwan, the East Asian nation's official Central News Agency reported."

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/27/asia/taiwan-water-park-explosion/index.html[/video]

CNN also has video they are airing on TV, but I don't see it linked online. Honestly, it looks like hell. A wall of flames, dozens of people screaming and running out of the flames. I'd say it was a horror movie but it's not.

omg what is going on these past few days!

awful

the video does look like a horror show

near the end 1:19 TO 1:21 there is a shadowy figure at the bottom left side of the screen who moves toward & then away from the stage - I guess just looking to see if the fire is out? there's also another person on the lower right ...

it has to be workers because no one else would want to move toward the source

Huge fireball tears through 1,000-strong crowd at water park in Taiwan
Coloured powder ignited as blaze quickly engulfed hundreds of people
Shocking footage shows chaotic scenes as victims try to escape flames
More than 200 people were injured in fire with 80 suffering serious burns
WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wder-sprayed-crowd-ignites.html#ixzz3eIyi9NHE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

How the heck does that happen at a water park? Underground pipe line? Gas explosion?

Oh my heavens! Horrible! I can't bring myself to watch the video. I'm praying for the victims.

Oh my heavens! Horrible! I can't bring myself to watch the video. I'm praying for the victims.

I shouldn't have watched the Video but did....it's awful. Those poor people were dancing and having a good time and all of the sudden there was fire everywhere above, around and on top them.....fire everywhere with little escape. Absolutely terrifying. I'm shocked no one died. I can't even imagine how extensive the burns were.

'I saw lots of people whose skin was gone': Witnesses describe 'hell' of Taiwan water park explosion that injured at least 500

Eyewitnesses describe 'hell' at water park after fire ripped through crowd

Coloured powder ignited as flames quickly engulfed hundreds of people

More than 500 people were injured in fire with 200 suffering serious burns

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...park-explosion-injured-500.html#ixzz3eMVpjdMR

How the heck does that happen at a water park? Underground pipe line? Gas explosion?

RSBM

A poster in the DM article suggested that powder (flour, custard powder, etc.) can be highly flammable. They mentioned explosions at flour mills. :(
Hope everyone heals swiftly and no one dies from burns !

So tragic ; everyone excited and having a fun time and then chaos and flames. They need to stop using colored powder at these parks/festivals. This is the first time I've heard of powder being used at any functions.
Reminds me a bit of the fire at the nightclub in West Warwick, Rhode Island -- except that was utterly horrific as 100 precious lives were lost.

:moo:

OMG, wonder what caused this?

It sounds like the powder was being sprayed on purpose directly at the people to color them and it turned out the powder was highly flamable and something touched off the fire and it started a huge chain reaction and was burning everyone up as the flames spread.

What an incredible disaster. Some types of coloring (like paint) could be flammable and the organizers should have done much more research before using whatever dye and powder they used.

Small particles of powder is notorious for being flammable. Remember the stories of farmers getting burned when their corn meal storage bins and other storage bins explode due to dust catching fire.
Another example is like Coal Dust in coal mines. Many examples of coal dust fires. This is very similar and is what happend.

The organizers are going to be responsible even though they made an honest mistake. A serious and horrible mistake

Party fireball victim, 20, becomes the first to die from burns after explosion left 500 people seriously injured

Lee Pei-yun, 20, was pronounced dead this morning, becoming first fatality

More than 500 people were injured in fire with 200 suffering serious burns

Eyewitnesses described 'hell' at water park after fire ripped through crowd

Coloured powder ignited as flames quickly engulfed hundreds of people

Party organisers are now facing police investigation and possible charges

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0-people-seriously-injured.html#ixzz3eSXIDpvX

All powder is flammable. Either a flame or a chlorine gas explosion? It was in a water park.

"MONT VERNON, N.H. —A man from Mont Vernon was severely burned in an explosion at a water park in Taiwan over the weekend.

Alex Haas, 26, suffered second- and third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body, his family told News 9."

http://www.wmur.com/news/mont-vernon-man-severely-burned-in-taiwan-water-park-explosion/33831684

He has more of a chance of dying than surviving at this point. Praying! His pain is beyond what any of us unburned people can imagine!

He has more of a chance of dying than surviving at this point. Praying! His pain is beyond what any of us unburned people can imagine!

Indeed! God, let me die rather than face a burn like that! There's not enough morphine in the world.

This story reminds me of the Station Nightclub fire. Do the promoters of these events use no common sense? Even if this stuff hadn't caught fire, the way it was used is such an obvious health hazard.

This story reminds me of the Station Nightclub fire. Do the promoters of these events use no common sense? Even if this stuff hadn't caught fire, the way it was used is such an obvious health hazard.

I can still see the unedited video from The Station when I close my eyes. Nightmares.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back