1029 users online (107 members and 922 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourcingforinfo View Post
    Well, I went back to the beginning. Her mother at 14 married her father who was 25, in September 1981 and had their first child in December. Syllania was born in 1987 and her mother was charged with capital murder in 1984 and began serving time for it in 1989 when Syllania was only 2. In 1992 her father was charged with 2 counts of aggravated sexual assault to a minor and is a registered sex offender living in TX. The son that was born in 1981 is a self-proclaimed pimp and is serving a 35 year sentence for murder. I doubt they even know about Syllania’s demise. I read she tried to reconnect with her mother once she was released but was rejected which is when she trailed off to OK. Im working on that part now.
    Would you be able to share where you found this information about her family? I've begun research on Syllania but I'm having a difficult time finding anything at all on her background, including her family. It is said that she ran away with a cousin of hers by the name of Shannon Edwards, but this person is essentially invisible and unknown as well. If you could share this information that would be very insightful. Thank you.

We all know Syllania as one of the victims of the West Mesa Murders. The only things we can gather from online sources is two of her pictures and that she was a runaway who found herself in a bad spot at a bad time. That's all we know. That's it. However, I am deeply curious as to what she was like as a person, not a victim. I want to put aside, for a moment, that she was a victim. I wish to be able to piece together the puzzle of what she was like and what led her to the route that she took. So far, the only source of information indicating anything about her personality was in the link that user Sourcingforinfo provided, in which an individual who worked at a shelter actually interacted with her. I have found this: https://charleyross.wordpress.com/20...#comment-46446

Now, there is nothing that provides details of her personality, but a person in the comment section in the link I provided mentions that Syllania was a relative of hers. Does anyone else think it would be fascinating to talk and gather information from people who knew her? I sure do!

I wish I could find information like who she was in foster care with. What happened to these families? Why did she feel the need to run away from them? She had to have grown up with peers of some sort like relatives, friends, people she interacted with while she was at school, etc. There are people out there that knew her. Who are these people? What are they thinking of her? What would they have to say about her? Why haven't they said anything at all? Families and friends of the other women have expressed their thoughts and feelings. Why isn't anyone doing such for Syllania? Why is this girl such a mystery?

I feel like if more information about her was available it would provide insight to who she was as a person and why she did the things she did. A few pieces of the puzzle could be pieced together. So many questions but no avenues for answers. I believe it is possible, though, to find and talk with the people who interacted with and knew her. Does anyone feel the way I do? These women were people with very intricate lives and personalities. I feel that they should be recognized as people, not just entirely as victims. I hope to talk with those who knew her to begin to understand Syllania a little more, instead of this woman forever being a vague mystery. How could one possibly find this kind of information? In one of the comments above, it is noted that information on her family was identified. How? From what source?

Is anyone else wondering these things too?

Quote Originally Posted by cort2209 View Post
    It has been over two years since this post. Have you heard from the blogger that you contacted?
    No air never received a response. I heard from the producers of the A&E special that she is deceased based on their follow-up.

Re: cort2209 I totally agree with you and I was obsessed with her. Her background story was tragic. I used Ancestry.com to put together her family tree. They are local to me so I believe it was a little too close for me to go further. I can share via email if youíd like.

@Sourcingforinfo - Sent you a PM!

I don't know anyone else's thoughts, but I'm thinking that Syllannia was a victim of the same platform of sex trafficking that perpetuates our society today. Does anyone think that Syllannia was involved in sex trafficking on her own accord, or she came into contact with a perpetrator who forced her to work for them?

It is said that she spent time with older women (http://www.koat.com/article/youngest...others/5031799) and was also seemingly paired up with Monica as a means of protection. I have a theory: since Monica and Syllannia were paried up, Mimi could have been Monica, and Syllannia could have been Chocolate.

Why would she be hanging around other people as a means of protection? Could this possible indicate that she was "working" independently? Someone had lured her into the lifestyle somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2