Victoria Chavez

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
Victims identified in Albuquerque NM
Identified Victim #1: Victoria Ann Chavez, 24, disappeared from Albuquerque, New Mexico on June 5, 2003. In February 2009, her skeletal remains were found at a construction site in the West Mesa area. (Info from Charleyproject.org)

Victoria is survived by two children.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29247408/

Reported details about her grave: From msnbc article above – “Police said her remains were found intact in a grave 18 inches (46 centimeters) deep without clothing or any other items.”

Identified Victim #2: Michelle Gina Valdez, 22, disappeared from Albuquerque, New Mexico on September 22, 2004. In February 2009, her skeletal remains were found at a construction site in the West Mesa area. Valdez was pregnant at the time of her death and her fetus was found also. (Info from Charleyproject.org) Previously IDed by NM LE as Jane Doe #8

Identified Victim #3: Unborn fetus which belonged to Michelle Gina Valdez. Found with her body (some reports indicate the remains of the fetus were found within her remains).

Victims identified in Albuquerque NM
Identified Victim #1: Victoria Ann Chavez, 24, disappeared from Albuquerque, New Mexico on June 5, 2003. In February 2009, her skeletal remains were found at a construction site in the West Mesa area. (Info from Charleyproject.org)

Victoria is survived by two children.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29247408/

Reported details about her grave: From msnbc article above – “Police said her remains were found intact in a grave 18 inches (46 centimeters) deep without clothing or any other items.”

Identified Victim #2: Michelle Gina Valdez, 22, disappeared from Albuquerque, New Mexico on September 22, 2004. In February 2009, her skeletal remains were found at a construction site in the West Mesa area. Valdez was pregnant at the time of her death and her fetus was found also. (Info from Charleyproject.org) Previously IDed by NM LE as Jane Doe #8

Identified Victim #3: Unborn fetus which belonged to Michelle Gina Valdez. Found with her body (some reports indicate the remains of the fetus were found within her remains).

Regarding the fetus-a first trimester child has enough cartilage or bone structure that they would have remains? I am wondering if there was more than bones found then....would any of the remains have been mummified by the dryness??

Regarding the fetus-a first trimester child has enough cartilage or bone structure that they would have remains? I am wondering if there was more than bones found then....would any of the remains have been mummified by the dryness??

Very good questions believe09. I haven't seen exactly how far along the Mother of this fetus was in gestation.

I did a brief search and I won't post links because I hope that someone who is knowledgeble will come and post facts on the development of a fetus.

From what I could glean the skeleton of a fetus may begin to develop as early as 10 weeks gestation. (first trimester)

By week 15 the bone and marrow may develop.

As for the other question, I too wondered if there might have been some mumification due to the elements there in NM of not only the adult victims but the fetus as well.

It will be interesting to learn if someone can post that information.

chavez_victoria_small.jpg

Victoria Chavez

Victim: Victoria Chavez Suspect: Unknown
Synopsis: In 2005 an unknown person killed 26 year old Victoria Chavez and buried her in a mesa located adjacent to 118th Street SW in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Please call the 118th Street Task Force at 1-877-765-8273, (505) 768-2450 or Crime Stoppers at (505) 843-STOP with any information you may have concerning this crime. You may also email information to Detective Mark Manary at mmanary@cabq.gov.

https://www.cabq.gov/police/contact-the-police/west-mesa-homicide-investigation

I believe that the woman was 4 months pregnant. At 16 weeks she would have developed some bone tissue. As for mummification I am not sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back