NY - Captured, escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
7C8LHE1.jpg

RICHARD MATT and DAVID SWEAT

Search underway for two murderers missing from state prison in Dannemora
PUBLISHED: SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2015 AT 9:43 AM - UPDATED: SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2015 AT 11:18 AM
Daily Courier-Observer

DANNEMORA - A search is underway for two prisoners, both serving sentences for murder convictions, that were discovered missing early Saturday morning from Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora.

New York State Police said they received a call at 5:45 a.m. Saturday from corrections’ officials reporting two prisoners were unaccounted for during a 5:30 a.m. bed check. State police are now currently searching for the two escaped prisoners.

They are:
Richard Matt, 48, a white male, 6’ tall, 210 pounds, with black hair and hazel eyes. He has tattoos on back “Mexico Forever”, a heart on his chest and left shoulder, and a marine corps insignia on his right shoulder.

David Sweat, 34, white male, 5’11” tall, 165 pounds, brown hair and green eyes. He has tattoos on his left bicep and his right fingers
NY Gov.: 2 Convicted Murderers Used Power Tools to Escape
DANNEMORA, N.Y. — Jun 6, 2015, 4:50 PM ET
ABC News/AP

Two convicted murderers used power tools to cut through steel pipes at a maximum-security prison near the Canadian border and escape through a manhole, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Saturday.

"It was an elaborate plot," Cuomo said after joining law enforcement authorities to retrace the prisoners' escape route from the Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, N.Y.

[...]
"A search revealed that here was a hole cut out of the back of the cell through which these inmates escaped," Annucci said. "They went onto a catwalk which is about 6 stories high. We estimate they climbed down and had power tools and were able to get out to this facility through tunnels, cutting away at several spots."

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

David Sweat shot and captured alive after New York manhunt
Sun June 28, 2015

150628171540-01-david-sweat-cnn-bug-medium-plus-169.jpeg

Malone, New York (CNN)A massive, more-than-three-week manhunt for David Sweat ended Sunday as it began, with the escaped murderer in custody.

A New York State Police sergeant on roving patrol saw Sweat, and after Sweat ran, the sergeant shot him, according to a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. It did not appear Sweat was armed, the official said.

A photo exclusively obtained by CNN shows Sweat in custody moments after his capture. The photograph shows him bloodied and wearing a camouflage outfit -- not prison garb.
David Sweat, Second New York Prison Escapee, Is Shot and Captured
JUNE 28, 2015

MALONE, N.Y. — David Sweat, the remaining prison escapee on the run in northern New York for three weeks, was shot by a state trooper on Sunday, according to the authorities.

Mr. Sweat, 35, was alive and in custody, Sheriff David Favro of Clinton County said. He was taken to Alice Hyde Medical Center in Malone. His condition was not immediately available.

Who was the one to call off the cell (prison cel that is) search requested days before the actual break??? Was it the Warden or someone below him or someone above him..Either way...The lack of cell search at THAT TIME means these two "Special Felon's" were allowed to continue with their missions...No way was it a secret within the system!! Will never believe that for one second!!

Where's the Warden..What does Palmer have to say now..SOOOO many questions!!

As for does Sweat even know about Matt's death?? OF course he does..he was no doubt aware Matt was Drunk shooting off his shotgun..and took exit stage right..ASAP...Matt was employing and no help anymore!!

I also heard that Sweat was from this area of NY..so knew full well the back roads..rural area's..Can anybody expound on that? TYIA

I also heard that Sweat was from this area of NY..so knew full well the back roads..rural area's..Can anybody expound on that? TYIA

Nope Sweat was from the exact opposite end of the state, on the NY/PA border- Binghamton, NY.

Per DA: Sweat facing 3 1/2 to 7 yrs on a D felony for the escape.

Yep that is all :sigh:

Good thing he is serving a life sentence.

Per DA: Sweat facing 3 1/2 to 7 yrs on a D felony for the escape.

Yep that is all :sigh:

Good thing he is serving a life sentence.

He's already got life without parole anyway. But I hear ya.

The NY Guest LE officer that CNN had on tonight was really good. I didnt catch his name. He really told things straight up.

FINALLY FINALLY CNN just said she just got notice that he was shot right near to the home of a known serial killer. Woohoo! LOL You know who was badgering them, you heard it here first on WS. LOL

CNN just reporting that Sweat was captured near where a serial killer once lived (511 Poplar) They probably got that information from this site.

FINALLY FINALLY CNN just said she just got notice that he was shot right near to the home of a known serial killer. Woohoo! LOL You know who was badgering them, you heard it here first on WS. LOL
Was just going to post this!

Note ... Just now on CNN. At 7:57...is the first time I heard them say that this address was closely related to someone else.. They went to a commercial break but they have not mentioned the name Israel Keyes... I think they just got the connection

No Sweat is from my area, at the exact opposite end of the state on the NY/PA border, Binghamton NY.

brought over from closed thread..got caught between :gaah:

Thankyou..So it is apparent this guy had informations that allowed him to gain access to clothing ( swat gear)..shelter and access to personal hygiene items ( shaver's) then of course gaining access to firearm/tools ( knives) and apparels to endure such a 3 week escape in total environmental "Hellhole" which no one could endure for days let alone weeks without knowledge/help !!!! These guys were not of the type who could endure such terrible environment insults without HELP...Survival they did..Survivalist's THEY WERE NOT..

Can someone please bring over the transcript of the press conference from GGG ? I am on phone / tapatalk and cannot. .

Note ... Just now on CNN. At 7:57...is the first time I heard them say that this address was closely related to someone else.. They went to a commercial break but they have not mentioned the name Israel Keyes... I think they just got the connection

I keep reading and hearing about the name Isreal Keye's....What is the connection??? Anybody who can clear that up I would truly be beholding to <Hug>

Why does everyone think Sweat will talk? He has nothing to gain does he?

If he started naming names, it would only cause him trouble in the prison they put him in. My guess is all the civilians know people employed throughout the state prison system. From the corruption we've seen at Clinton, more than likely it exists in some degree at all prisons. All it would take is a few phone calls and Sweat's life would be in danger. IMO. For that matter, the inmates could arrange it even faster. IMO.

Your thoughts please?

If they had done research on IK and the Adirondacks, they had been planning for a long time. Prison library? Maybe, but, how did Matt and Sweat get to CO cabins? Too many questions with a lot of info pointing to them being helped or supported.

Ready for some Matt details, what was he wearing? what was found with him? how healthy was he? I read the leaked info today, but want to hear more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23