German schoolgirls told to dress modestly so as not to offend Syrian refugees

KEVINinTO

Former Member
Reaction score
A high school in Bavaria which is playing host to 200 Syrian refugees has sent a letter to parents telling them that their daughters must dress modestly out of respect for the Islamic customs of the Syrian refugees

http://www.thelocal.de/20150626/refugee-school-calls-for-uniform-modesty

"The Syrian citizens are mainly Muslims and speak Arabic. The refugees are marked by their own culture. Because our school is directly next to where they are staying, modest clothing should be adhered to, in order to avoid discrepancies. Revealing tops or blouses, short shorts or miniskirts could lead to misunderstandings."

"When Muslim teenage boys go to open air swimming pools, they are overwhelmed when they see girls in bikinis," he said.

I know the Bavarians are a pretty unique lot (according to most people north of Coburg, that is :) ) but sending out a letter like that seems a little weird to me.

It's not done in Greece, where there are so many Syrian refugees and loads of beaches with people in bikinis, most of them German vacationers. And as far as I know warning letters have never been sent out in the Bavarian capital Munich, either, where there are also many Syrian refugees living alongside skimpily dressed females messing about on the banks of the Isar. In summer, anyway.

Interestingly, the German language article linked says that many people in the town of Pocking where the school is are upset - because extreme right-wing websites have taken up the issue, whereas the residents wish to stand in solidarity with the refugees.

http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/arti...-koennten-zu-Missverstaendnissen-fuehren.html

It's a mystery but I guess the fuss will quickly be over when our cold German winter arrives....

Coincidentally, I was just reading an article the UN Refugee Agency posted today, about a Syrian refugee in Greece desperate to get to Berlin for a life-saving operation. There's an amazing x-ray photo of the bullet lodged in his pelvis at the link. Do any of our posters with med knowledge know why it's so dangerous to operate and try and remove? Is it because it's near an artery?

ETA: Just click the link in the tweet to see the article and photo.

[video=twitter;615339627713572864]https://twitter.com/Refugees/status/615339627713572864[/video]

I know the Bavarians are a pretty unique lot (according to most people north of Coburg, that is :) ) but sending out a letter like that seems a little weird to me.

It's not done in Greece, where there are so many Syrian refugees and loads of beaches with people in bikinis, most of them German vacationers. And as far as I know warning letters have never been sent out in the Bavarian capital Munich, either, where there are also many Syrian refugees living alongside skimpily dressed females messing about on the banks of the Isar. In summer, anyway.

Interestingly, the German language article linked says that many people in the town of Pocking where the school is are upset - because extreme right-wing websites have taken up the issue, whereas the residents wish to stand in solidarity with the refugees.

http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/arti...-koennten-zu-Missverstaendnissen-fuehren.html

I am shocked to read that local authorities see no harm in the letter written by the school and one of them is quoted saying that this letter is even necessary.

Anyway, here in Holland muslim teenagers tell locals not to eat ice cream in the street so as not to bother / offend them during ramadan.

What if these Syrian refugees wander away from the school and see German women dressed "immodestly?" Accommodating their expectations can only go so far.

Seems like an overreaction from the school principal.

I take back what I wrote earlier on this thread.

The school was only wise to warn the girls.
Since the influx of hundreds of thousands 'immigrants' from the South, the situation in Germany has become worse.

Germany: Migrants' Rape Epidemic
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6527/migrants-rape-germany?anid=7

Although the rape took place in June, police kept silent about it for nearly three months, until local media published a story about the crime. According to an editorial comment in the newspaper Westfalen-Blatt, police are refusing to go public about crimes involving refugees and migrants because they do not want to give legitimacy to critics of mass migration.

A 13-year-old Muslim girl was raped by another asylum seeker at a refugee facility in Detmold, a city in west-central Germany. The girl and her mother reportedly fled their homeland to escape a culture of sexual violence.

Approximately 80% of the refugees/migrants at the shelter in Munich are male... the price for sex with female asylum seekers is ten euros. — Bavarian Broadcasting (Bayerischer Rundfunk).

Police in the Bavarian town of Mering, where a 16-year-old-girl was raped on September 11, have issued a warning to parents not to allow their children to go outside unaccompanied. In the Bavarian town of Pocking, administrators of the Wilhelm-Diess-Gymnasium have warned parents not to let their daughter's wear revealing clothing in order to avoid "misunderstandings."

"When Muslim teenage boys go to open air swimming pools, they are overwhelmed when they see girls in bikinis. These boys, who come from a culture where for women it is frowned upon to show naked skin, will follow girls and bother them without their realizing it. Naturally, this generates fear." — Bavarian politician, quoted in Die Welt.

A police raid on the Munich refugee facility found that guards hired to provide security at the site were trafficking drugs and weapons and were turning a blind eye to the prostitution.

Meanwhile, the raping of German women by asylum seekers is becoming commonplace.

BBM

Much more at link.

IMHO this thread should be moved, in 3 months time the off-beat character of the original warning has evaporated completely.

Police chief Bernd Flake countered that the silence was aimed at protecting the victim. "We will continue with this policy [of not informing the public] whenever crimes are committed in refugee facilities," he said.

Nice. Bring a bunch of raping criminals into their midst, and then refuse to inform them of all the violent crimes these violent criminals are committing.

Is this part of the war on women?

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6668/germany-migrant-crime-wave

Asylum seekers are driving a surge in violent crime in cities and towns across Germany. German authorities, however, are downplaying the lawlessness, apparently to avoid fueling anti-immigration sentiment.

A confidential police report leaked to a German newspaper reveals that a record-breaking 38,000 asylum seekers were accused of committing crimes in the country in 2014. Analysts believe this figure — which works out to more than 100 a day — is only the tip of the iceberg, as many crimes are either not resolved or not reported.

The current spike in crime — including rapes, sexual and physical assaults, stabbings, home invasions, robberies, burglaries and drug trafficking — comes amid a record-breaking influx of refugees from Africa, Asia, the Middle East and the Western Balkans.

Maybe they can open a pool exclusively for migrants and refugees, with warnings on other pools that it is inappropriate for use if persons are offended by the showing of skin?
Or, people entering the country must sign agreement that they are aware of, and accepting of the cultural differences?
imo, speculation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back