817 users online (107 members and 710 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IL - Living Unidentified Child Abandoned, Aug 2005

Police need help identifying a toddler. The little girlís mother apparently left her with a hotel cleaning lady for a few hours, but never returned. Investigators have not ruled out foul play.

According to Thomas Karnes, Lincoln Park Police Chief, "On Friday, August 28th, at 9 p.m., a child approximately 3 years of age was turned over to an employees of the Lamplighter Motel. Thatís a unit thatís attached, or is adjacent to, a business that is called the Atlantis Lounge, which has exotic dancing in our town. The child was turned over to this cleaning lady for what was supposed to be a period of two hours, she reports. On Sunday, at approximately 9 p.m., we got a call that the mother had not returned, and it had been two days since."

Chief Karnes went on to explain they believe that the childís first name is Star, and the mother might be known as Majestic.
    http://www.wxyz.com/wxyz/nw_local_ne...038627,00.html
    Last edited by Cubby; 02-18-2011 at 12:46 AM.

How odd this case is! Why in the world would the cleaning woman wait two days before calling the police? Did she take the child home with her; surely they weren't at the hotel all that time?!

I wonder what happened to the mother. Why would the mother leave the little one with someone that she didn't even know? I wonder where they were from and what they were doing staying in a motel. Did the mother leave anything behind, I wonder, that would help LE find out where they were from.

I hope nothing happened to the mother but on the other hand I hate to think that she just left with the intention of never coming back. I hope LE can at least find the dad or some of the little girl's family to take her until they find out what happened to her mom.

The maid probably took the little one home with her...I would think anyway. Maybe she waited a couple days in the hope that the mother would return and she didn't want to get her in trouble. Hard to say though.

I am just glad the mother didn't leave the kid alone at home for days, or dump her off on the side of the road. At least she left the kid with someone instead of letting her fend for herself.

I wonder if the Mom had planned to leave, or if foul play was involved?

Nothing new on this little one huh? I wonder what the PD did with her?

This case was solved tout suite.
    Published: Wednesday, August 31, 2005
    LINCOLN PARK ó A woman is in police custody, expected to be charged today with child abandonment.

The mother, who is a part-time exotic dancer at the Atlantis Lounge, left her daughter over the weekend with an employee of a motel that is adjacent to the strip club, Police Chief Thomas Karnes said.

At about 9 p.m. Friday, Karnes said, the woman, whose name is not being released, asked a housekeeper at the Lamplighter Motel, 883 Dix-Toledo, to watch her daughter for a couple of hours.

When the mother, who lives in Flint but dances in Lincoln Park, hadn't returned by Sunday night, the housekeeper called police.

The girl, who is about 3 years old, was taken into protective custody, where she remains.

Police released a photograph of the child on Monday to media outlets, looking for the public's help in identifying the girl and tracking down her mother.

Within hours, the mother had turned herself in and was arrested. Police are seeking a felony charge of child abandonment.
    http://thenewsherald.com/articles/20...ewmode=default