1257 users online (287 members and 970 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WI - Crystal Harrison, 20, Summit, 29 July 2005

www.wkowtv.com/index.php/news/story/p/pkid/21933

She is the mother to a 7 month old son. She is also the daughter of a murder-suicide in 2001.
    Last edited by ShowerSinger; 08-07-2005 at 06:13 PM. Reason: link is now working

Crystal Faye Harrison, 20, has been missing since July 29. Now, Juneau County officials sent out a flier nationwide, asking people for any information about her whereabouts.

Officials will not comment at this time about whether they suspect foul play,
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...o_wisc/2864023

The children were found unattended in the living room of their Mauston home. Harrison's medication, makeup, clothes and ID were all still in the house -- nothing was missing, officials said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...o_wisc/2864023
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

picture

I never hear about these missing persons here in WI, that's so wierd! I always end up reading about them here.

When I went to the links I didn't see a pic at all so heres a link w/a pic

http://www.channel3000.com/news/4811329/detail.html

ETA: My comp didnt bring up the pic from the 1st post, sorry now it's working for me!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerSinger

She is the mother to a 7 month old son. She is also the daughter of a murder-suicide in 2001.
    I didn't read anything about a murder/suicide....but I seem to blind today, I was jw if you could post the link to that? Thanks, sorry if I missed it!

Hi Marisa714,
    That info about her being the daughter of a murder/suicide came from a newspaper that requires a subscription. Maybe there'll be some more news about it somewhere else. Also, I think she was only babysitting a niece and nephew, and her only child is the 7 month old son.

Hi Marisa714,
    That info about her being the daughter of a murder/suicide came from a newspaper that requires a subscription. Maybe there'll be some more news about it somewhere else. Also, I think she was only babysitting a niece and nephew, and her only child is the 7 month old son.
    Hey thanks for letting me know! I actually just found the article at Madison.com and searching the archives for her name, and at the very end it mentioned the murder/suicide. I hope she turns up soon and is alright.

Wow. Echoes of Latoyia Figueroa.

It seems odd, a connection between the mother being murdered and the daughter being murdered later in life.

edited to add:

There's something not right about this story. Why did she lie about getting this new job, and then suddenly vanish? It sounds like she'll turn up alive and well somewhere, just not wanting to be where she was.

And who is this "other adult" who was with her and now is presumedly also gone? And does this woman only have one pair of shoes? Who has only ONE pair of shoes?

Prayers for her safe return.

Hi Marisa714,
    Do you know about bugmenot.com? When you run across a site that needs a registration go to bugmenot.com and enter the url of the site. It will give you the username and password. Works on most sites.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Wow, that is a peculiar case.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

Authorities say 20-year-old Crystal Harrison was last heard from more than a week ago when she spoke with a friend over the phone while baby-sitting for her aunt and uncle.

The aunt and uncle returned from a vacation the next day to find their children, aged three and one, alone with the baby.

Her aunt, Jackie Schara, says the front door of the home was unlocked, and Harrison's shoes were still there.
    http://nbc15.madison.com/news/headlines/1655531.html

This story has a lot of holes in it, doesn't it? She was apparently babysitting for an aunt and uncle while they were ON VACATION leaving their 3 and 1 year olds, and hadn't spoken to her during that time? Or at least during the last day, maybe. She did, during the aunt and uncle's vacation away from their children, speak to a friend on the phone, so they know she was there up to 24 hours before the Aunt and Uncle returned.

What about her purse? Women have one purse, several shoes. And who was the "other adult" who was with her?

Sorry to pry, this story just doesn't add up one little bit to me.

Now that is odd. The above article say that when the aunt and uncle returned home, they found the children there by themselves. But according to showersinger's article:

20-year-old Crystal Harrison was last seen on July 29th at 10pm. That night Harrison was home with another adult. She disappeared, leaving behind her 7-month-old son, and niece and nephew, whom she was babysitting.
    Who was the other adult who either was there or had been there?
    There is not much in the media about this case. Usually by this time in a case, the news media would be posting all kinds of articles about the girl, her family and her friends. Very odd.

Mysteriew - there are all kinds of people who just up and run off.

Thousands of people, in the US , every year, just decide they'd not like to be members of their family anymore. We'd all be exhausted and grey haired trying to keep up with people who choose to leave and don't want to be contacted.

Either this story is being portrayed VERY oddly by all media sources, (which is possible) or Crystal got sick and tired of being a mom and left.

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineQ
    Mysteriew - there are all kinds of people who just up and run off.

Thousands of people, in the US , every year, just decide they'd not like to be members of their family anymore. We'd all be exhausted and grey haired trying to keep up with people who choose to leave and don't want to be contacted.

Either this story is being portrayed VERY oddly by all media sources, (which is possible) or Crystal got sick and tired of being a mom and left.
    That is true. But family members are adamant that this girl would not have left her child. She was there babysitting, and then she wasn't. Her shoes were there. Her personal effects were there. The children were left there alone. LE seems to be reluctant to talk. I suspect that they have asked media to hold back from talking about her (it happens, a lot). I am strongly suspecting foul play here.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    That is true. But family members are adamant that this girl would not have left her child. She was there babysitting, and then she wasn't. Her shoes were there. Her personal effects were there. The children were left there alone. LE seems to be reluctant to talk. I suspect that they have asked media to hold back from talking about her (it happens, a lot). I am strongly suspecting foul play here.

It sounds like this gal is a single mother so it is very possible that she only has one pair of shoes. Her money may be pretty tight. I have one certain pair of shoes that I wear all of the time so if I came up missing my kids would know something was wrong if those shoes were where I always set them.

I can't imagine anyone getting the urge to just take off and leaving 3 babies alone for a night and a day. I'm sure that she knew the parents on vacation wouldn't be back until the next day.

It's odd that she would lie about getting a job but if the family has been pressuring her about working or something....you never know. The media probably isn't getting much info. I wonder what the last person to talk to her had to say. Was she happy....depressed....everything seem normal...was she dating anyone...have a ex..etc, etc.

I hope we find out more about this case or better yet that this gal shows up unhurt with a good reason for leaving the kids alone.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast