1290 users online (236 members and 1054 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60
Results 886 to 898 of 898
  1. #886
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,026
    I would love to know what he thinks about what he did. Now he is medicated is he appalled about what he did to all those innocent people?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #887
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    I would love to know what he thinks about what he did. Now he is medicated is he appalled about what he did to all those innocent people?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He doesn't act sorry that's for sure. I don't see any compassion in him. Only interest in himself.

  3. #888
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,026
    Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    He doesn't act sorry that's for sure. I don't see any compassion in him. Only interest in himself.
    I wonder if his medication blunts out those types of feelings. I've mentioned Cody Posey before. When I watched his trial I expected to see some sadness or remorse but there was nothing. I later found out he was so medicated that he didn't feel very much of anything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #889
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate Ape View Post
    While I am a firm believer in the rule of law, I do often wonder why our legal system doesn't have a provision for forgoing a trial in cases where the defendant has already been proven guilty by very clear video of the crime or was caught in the act of committing the crime.

    Am I missing something here? What would be the risk to justice if there was such a provisilaon for waving a trial? Mind you, the damning evidence would have to be slam dunk. It seems such a measure would save a lot of time and money.
    It's called a plea-bargain. If the defendant does not want a trial and the prosecutors are willing to discuss it and a judge approves it, the defendant and the prosecutor's office can discuss and agree on a plea (in this case, 1st Degree Murder; and a penalty, in this case it should be Life Without Parole (LWOP) or whatever the applicable 1stDegMurder is in the particular state, and the presiding judge is in agreement, then there is no trial. The defendant goes directly to prison to begin serving his/her penalty. Case Closed. That's is what the law provides.


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  5. #890
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,606
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    ITA--people here don't really know how to drive in snow and ice--heck some even have problems with rain-
    But it has been hot--interesting how much you hear of your neighbors when all your windows are open--I really didn't care to hear the new ones behind me talk about how they like to start drinking early in the day & usually got black out drunk--didn't like that at all! Especially with how loud they were and knowing 4th and firecrackers/M80s (illegal-but able to buy) .
    My sister lives in Georgia and I'm always amazed at the rain and how hard it comes down. Also have been there when it was in the 100's--it was hot! Love Georgia though.

    Now I'm wondering what Ms Spengler wanted to say...dangit!
    Dangit, z, so am I!!! We had that little twinkling shown to us and blfffft!, someone blew it out or stomped all over it (and I am not talking about the good Judge; he is one of the best I have ever seen, and I've seen some good ones) -- some little sprite or imp or other airish good-fer-nuttin just muffed it out. I wanna know, I wanna know, I wanna know. But I'll bet we never will....


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  6. #891
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,606
    Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Thinking about Holmes sitting in a cell this 4th of July. I really don't feel he has the right to even breathe air. Was it worth it? Killing innocent people for points so he can get letters from women in prison? He is some evil star in his own mind who loves to watch himself on the big screen while the victims and families deal with their pain and loss. He is repulsive.
    You are exactly right, colette -- I re-watched some of the earlier court days when the investigators were explaining the evidence in the theaters of the bullet puncture holes, etc., etc., and he watched every minute of it -- just like he did all of the other pics of the crime scene, his apt, etc., etc., like he was watching his Hollywood movie debut. Oh, it made he angry beyond all senses. What a curse he is and on this earth with us. Grrrrrr.


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  7. #892
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    I would love to know what he thinks about what he did. Now he is medicated is he appalled about what he did to all those innocent people?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I say absolutely not -- he is still proud as a peacock, if you ask me. He would do it again in a minnit if he got the chance. He bought something like 5000-10,000 rounds of ammo -- $2,000.00 worth. He wanted to be Armageddon walking. And he got a dayam good start, IMO. No mercy for him, none. JMHO.
    Last edited by borndem; 07-04-2015 at 10:08 PM. Reason: added JMHO...


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  8. #893
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    520
    After reading most of Dr. Hanlon's book "Survived by One", I find him to possibly be a professional who doesn't really recognize malingering. In the book Odle murders his 3 siblings and his parents.
    He goes back and forth between being an outcast and being the class clown. It was still no reason to kill anyone.
    His expertise in this case is questionable IMO. I know that the DT continue to hark on the point that JH's sister isn't visiting him. In the book the Odle son can't stand his younger sister because she gets all of his mom's attention.
    After much consideration and thought, including the actual possibility that JH suffered from mental illness when he shot all those people, I'm not inclined to go easy on him in this trial.
    Knowing so many that genuinely suffer and agonize thru serious mental illnesses and do get help and actually follow the advice and counseling offered them, I have little sympathy for JH. All of my sympathy is with his victims and also with his own family.
    He's an incredibly evil sort that should pay for his crimes.

  9. #894
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Maisiebelle View Post
    I wonder if his medication blunts out those types of feelings. I've mentioned Cody Posey before. When I watched his trial I expected to see some sadness or remorse but there was nothing. I later found out he was so medicated that he didn't feel very much of anything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw the same in a trial here in NC. The defendant was on trial (it was a Death Penalty case) for murder and rape. All during the trial, he just looked down at his hands, rarely spoke with his attys, and was just dumbed-out looking (my words) throughout the trial. Very docile -- you could hardly see him take a breath. When the judge spoke with him in open court about it being his decision not to testify, he was hardly audible, but he did seem to understand what was said to him. He was convicted and got LWOP.


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  10. #895
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,606
    Thanks for the book report, 4senthia! And I'm thinking you probably weren't very surprised at Hanlon's reactions, etc., on much of anything you read. I like your point about his possibly not being able to recognize malingering -- not too good for someone in his position.... Hmmmm.


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City


  11. #896
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    I saw the same in a trial here in NC. The defendant was on trial (it was a Death Penalty case) for murder and rape. All during the trial, he just looked down at his hands, rarely spoke with his attys, and was just dumbed-out looking (my words) throughout the trial. Very docile -- you could hardly see him take a breath. When the judge spoke with him in open court about it being his decision not to testify, he was hardly audible, but he did seem to understand what was said to him. He was convicted and got LWOP.
    Holmes isn't that way though. Yes he sits there quietly but you can see he really gets into video and pictures of himself and his handiwork. I do not see one ounce of sympathy for anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4senthia View Post
    After reading most of Dr. Hanlon's book "Survived by One", I find him to possibly be a professional who doesn't really recognize malingering. In the book Odle murders his 3 siblings and his parents.
    He goes back and forth between being an outcast and being the class clown. It was still no reason to kill anyone.
    His expertise in this case is questionable IMO. I know that the DT continue to hark on the point that JH's sister isn't visiting him. In the book the Odle son can't stand his younger sister because she gets all of his mom's attention.
    After much consideration and thought, including the actual possibility that JH suffered from mental illness when he shot all those people, I'm not inclined to go easy on him in this trial.
    Knowing so many that genuinely suffer and agonize thru serious mental illnesses and do get help and actually follow the advice and counseling offered them, I have little sympathy for JH. All of my sympathy is with his victims and also with his own family.
    He's an incredibly evil sort that should pay for his crimes.
    There is still something with the sister though. The reason the family first went to therapy was after Holmes assaulted his sister. Then when it was brought out in court about the sister really doesn't visit, she suddenly appears in court. She is a victim of his too, along with the rest of the family. But I think there is some big problems between Holmes and his sister.

  12. #897
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,606
    Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Holmes isn't that way though. Yes he sits there quietly but you can see he really gets into video and pictures of himself and his handiwork. I do not see one ounce of sympathy for anyone.



    There is still something with the sister though. The reason the family first went to therapy was after Holmes assaulted his sister. Then when it was brought out in court about the sister really doesn't visit, she suddenly appears in court. She is a victim of his too, along with the rest of the family. But I think there is some big problems between Holmes and his sister.
    bbm
    Oh, yes, absolutely, colette -- As I posted earlier, I went back & watched some early parts of this trial -- where LE was pointing out various "shot-up" locations in the theater, and speaking about the fallen and the hurt people in the theater, and I could see that JH was locked into the screen -- I think if we could have seen his face, we would have seen him smile. I do think they have dumbed him down a bit, however, but he is proud as a peacock at his handiwork, and IMO, he would go out there & do it again -- but on a grander scale as soon as he could re-order ammo and what-all-ever he "needs" to do it again.

    And I yam curious about him and his sister, etc....

    See you tomorrow!!


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  13. #898
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA always, FL now
    Posts
    19,358

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60


Similar Threads

  1. CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #16
    By Coldpizza in forum Movie Theater Massacre in Colorado
    Replies: 954
    Last Post: 07-10-2015, 07:35 AM
  2. CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #15
    By Coldpizza in forum Movie Theater Massacre in Colorado
    Replies: 893
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 09:55 AM
  3. CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 5
    By Coldpizza in forum Movie Theater Massacre in Colorado
    Replies: 1002
    Last Post: 05-20-2015, 01:55 PM
  4. CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 3
    By Coldpizza in forum Movie Theater Massacre in Colorado
    Replies: 1102
    Last Post: 05-08-2015, 04:05 PM
  5. CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 # 1
    By Coldpizza in forum Movie Theater Massacre in Colorado
    Replies: 1043
    Last Post: 04-29-2015, 02:57 PM

Tags for this Thread