Found Alive Majorca - John Noakes, 81, Andratx, 30 June 2015

"Get down, Shep" was his main catchphrase if I recall correctly!

Hopefully some drunken holiday maker is revelling in having a couple of beers with him somewhere and he'll be home safe and sound later.

Oh dear :( didn't realise he was 81! This is worrying, hope he is found safe soon!

Feeling a tad elderly today, & very concerned :(. Part of my childhood, etc.

How long has he/family had this holiday home? If it has been some time, & they/John know the area well: I'd be searching places they/he regularly frequent (ed); hiking/walking trails etc, even if he hasn't taken them for years. My experience of Alzheimer/dementia is that long term memory remains - I.e. He may be mentally back in his heyday/pre-Alzheimer time & having what he thinks is a lovely walk around the island.

X-ing fingers & sending good thoughts/vibes.

Stating the obvious, I know :(.

Eta: am I the only one who remembers Patch (Shep's predecessor )? :(

Not looking good. An elderly confused man wandering around in the heat with no water. He's a legend in the UK. Hope he's found soon safely

More random thoughts:

Boats. Any missing? Check current or former moorings. Any local friends/acquaintances who may have gone out on the water today, and who may be unaware that John is not lucid/unaware of the extent of his Alzheimer's?

Worrying. :( The Alzheimer's cases always scare me as my boyfriend's dad died after a long battle with the disease. I wonder how advanced it is. Hopefully if he goes out for walks regularly that means he still has lots of good days and that today is one of them.

I'm aware of who John is though it was years before my brief period of watching the show. He's certainly well loved in the UK.

Oh I'm pleased he's been found. It may be that the Alzheimer's actually saved him as the alarm was raised very quickly. So often with these cases the poor people are found too late.

Glad to hear he's been found safe! It makes me feel old too! I was 7 in 1978 but have clear memories of John and Shep and even remember Petra, must have been repeats or clips I saw a lot of, unless my memory is better than I thought it was from that age lol you get old so quick but when you are a kiddie years seem to last a lifetime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back