883 users online (189 members and 694 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GA - Teens storm Wal-Mart in rampage of destruction Sun 2:00am 28 June 2015

These kids did not make the smartest criminal choice in targeting WalMart. IDK if it's true, but how many times have we read claim that WalMart's surv-cam-system beats all other retailers?

"MACON, Ga.Authorities in central Georgia say up to 50 teenagers bent on destruction raced into a Wal-Mart in Macon, smashing merchandise and causing an estimated $2,000 in damage.Bibb County sheriff's officials say some of the young people snatched a man from a motorized shopping cart and dragged him to the floor during the rampage around 2 a.m. Sunday.
    Sheriff's officials said one of the teens later told a Wal-Mart employee the goal was to see how much damage they could cause
    ." bbm.
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/t...48d6a6109.html

A 17 y/o was arrested when he returned to store to retrieve his cellphone.

Not just prop damage, man was pulled off motorized shopping cart. Hoping for quick recovery for him.

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    These kids did not make the smartest criminal choice in targeting WalMart. IDK if it's true, but how many times have we read claim that WalMart's surv-cam-system beats all other retailers?

"MACON, Ga.Authorities in central Georgia say up to 50 teenagers bent on destruction raced into a Wal-Mart in Macon, smashing merchandise and causing an estimated $2,000 in damage.Bibb County sheriff's officials say some of the young people snatched a man from a motorized shopping cart and dragged him to the floor during the rampage around 2 a.m. Sunday.
    Sheriff's officials said one of the teens later told a Wal-Mart employee the goal was to see how much damage they could cause
    ." bbm.
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/t...48d6a6109.html

A 17 y/o was arrested when he returned to store to retrieve his cellphone.

Not just prop damage, man was pulled off motorized shopping cart. Hoping for quick recovery for him.
    a commenter under that article had a good idea - that if they search that teen's cell phone, there will probably be messages related to the crime & they can track down more of the criminals

I would especially like to see an arrest of the **** who dragged that poor man out of his scooter

Walmart has pretty good surveillance. I wonder if all these people were covering their faces. The parking lot also has good surveillance. I think they will be able to find the bullies who accosted the disabled man. Creeps!

What is wrong with these kids ? They obviously have too much idle time on their hands. Hopefully they get many many hours of community service. I also hope they have to pay Walmart back for all the damage .

Quote Originally Posted by Jovi Girl View Post
    What is wrong with these kids ? They obviously have too muchidle timeon their hands.
    sbm

Sarc alert.
    From above link: "...one of the teens later told a Wal-Mart employee the goal was to see how much damage they could cause
    ." bbm. http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/t...48d6a6109.html

Teens:
    'Where else can we go w our chums on Sunday at 2:00am?
    'Parents & teachers always bugging us to 'set goals' and 'work toward them' so we did.
    'Shouldn't we get extra credit for pulling man off shopping scooter? After all we were just going for prop damage.'
    'Adults, no matter how hard we try, they're never happy.'
    End sarc.

Also, there were 50 parents who didn't have a clue where their teenage kids were at 2:00 am on a Sunday.
    Hopefully, there will be some liability there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post

"MACON, Ga. • [I]Authorities in central Georgia say up to 50 teenagers bent on destruction raced into a Wal-Mart in Macon, smashing merchandise and causing an estimated $2,000 in damage. .

$2000 in damage?? Gosh, they must have trashed the entire inventory! Meh!

Seriously though, that's a lot of very stupid teenagers all in one place.

Nancy Grace is from Macon ... she should put some footage up on her show which could be seen by many there for identifying the young ****s.

This will probably be deleted for being too political, but THIS kind of behavior, imo, is stemming from all of these protests against police brutality etc. It adds to their beliefs that they are above the law. I feel that many young kids today are developing a horrible attitude towards authority, towards law breaking, and seeing it all like a big joke. There are similar incidents like this happening nationwide. Someon posts a 'location' and everyone shows up at the same time to 'wildout.' It is very distressing and I am not sure how we can combat it.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    Also, there were 50 parents who didn't have a clue where their teenage kids were at 2:00 am on a Sunday.
    I think the parents should be charged along w/ their kids. As a matter of fact, I feel there should be laws for parents. If your underage kid is out and about after 10pm un-chaperoned, and breaks the law, you will be charged. It's sad that a lot of parents don't 'parent' anymore.

Someone earlier made a good point about parents not knowing where their teens were..and evidently not caring. No respect for the disabled man nor any type of law enforcement. One glaringly obvious fact, to me, is that they weren't tired. Children used to work at home or have parttime jobs and were too worn out from their day to go on a "wilding" spree..

re: the 17 y/o who returned to WalMart to retrieve his cellphone ---
    "Green, according to the sheriff’s report, first told cops that “he did not know anything about what had happened in the store and that he did not know anyone involved.”

"But when his mother and father arrived and watched the surveillance footage with sheriff’s deputies, the report said “Green admitted to his parents that the male in the video was indeed him.”"
    http://www.macon.com/2015/06/29/3821075_report-macon-wal-mart-mob-wanted.html?rh=1. June 29

Glad the young man came clean, even if it took a nudge from parent(s).

Since Kharron was arrested, link to his FB is ok? (Alerting on own post, so Mod can ck)
    I got the link from another site and I can't see anything besides this first page below.

Can anybody locate & capture anything of interest for future ref, when he deletes his FB? TIA.

https://www.facebook.com/kharron.green

I believe it is against TOS to link a minor's facebook, but I am not sure in this situation. I will alert a mod.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post

Just found out one of my teens has been sneaking out after we are asleep. There are other issues related to that, that we are bringing into the local juvenile system for some outside help as we've exhausted all legal parental options with no success. But our town, probably like Macon, has a curfew. But if you call the city police to say your 16 year old is out after curfew and you cannot locate them at the usual friends, etc., They say well, there is nothing we can do. So all these unenforced laws allow the offender some freedom and do not help the parents who are attempting to do the right thing. But if they arrest 'em at 2 am, they about scream if you aren't there immediately. I wanted to leave her there for a day or two but they insisted that cannot happen. She didn't do anything "bad" enough to be held. So I am back home at 5 am with a 16 year old who still doesn't get it. Juvenile court told her today if she gets one more charge between now and August 4, she gets to go to juvie. I fully believe (hope) that if she sat in juvie from now until August 4th that would cure her. But I've been wrong with this one so many times before.

Some of these kids parents may be lazy, but I bet some of them are like us: when they pull this stuff, punish 'em. If I did what LE is allowed to do with regards to putting her in a locked cell, she would not leave the house when all are asleep. If I do that however, my 9 & 15 year olds would be removed from the home. The fifteen year old is undergoing chemo for a brain tumor. What is a parent to do? I could get arrested out running around at night trespassing on other's property, knocking on doors, chasing kids in an outside party at the lake/park. There are things only LE can do, but chasing around after errant, idiot teenagers comes after reported crimes or in progress crimes, wrecks, DUI checkpoints and other important LE functions. I do not blame LE. But I don't take all the blame either. She is a judgment-impaired, poor impulse control, cannot see past the end of her nose teenage girl. I cannot lock her up like juvie or prison. I cannot beat her. I am not a lazy parent. Please do not paint us all with the same broad brush.
    Last edited by wendybtn; 07-01-2015 at 07:38 PM.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast