GA - Teens storm Wal-Mart in rampage of destruction Sun 2:00am 28 June 2015

al66pine

Reaction score
These kids did not make the smartest criminal choice in targeting WalMart. IDK if it's true, but how many times have we read claim that WalMart's surv-cam-system beats all other retailers?

"MACON, Ga. • Authorities in central Georgia say up to 50 teenagers bent on destruction raced into a Wal-Mart in Macon, smashing merchandise and causing an estimated $2,000 in damage.Bibb County sheriff's officials say some of the young people snatched a man from a motorized shopping cart and dragged him to the floor during the rampage around 2 a.m. Sunday.
Sheriff's officials said one of the teens later told a Wal-Mart employee the goal was to see how much damage they could cause
." bbm.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_6d2360e1-f5bc-5350-93bf-0f348d6a6109.html

A 17 y/o was arrested when he returned to store to retrieve his cellphone.

Not just prop damage, man was pulled off motorized shopping cart. Hoping for quick recovery for him.

These kids did not make the smartest criminal choice in targeting WalMart. IDK if it's true, but how many times have we read claim that WalMart's surv-cam-system beats all other retailers?

"MACON, Ga. • Authorities in central Georgia say up to 50 teenagers bent on destruction raced into a Wal-Mart in Macon, smashing merchandise and causing an estimated $2,000 in damage.Bibb County sheriff's officials say some of the young people snatched a man from a motorized shopping cart and dragged him to the floor during the rampage around 2 a.m. Sunday.
Sheriff's officials said one of the teens later told a Wal-Mart employee the goal was to see how much damage they could cause
." bbm.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_6d2360e1-f5bc-5350-93bf-0f348d6a6109.html

A 17 y/o was arrested when he returned to store to retrieve his cellphone.

Not just prop damage, man was pulled off motorized shopping cart. Hoping for quick recovery for him.

a commenter under that article had a good idea - that if they search that teen's cell phone, there will probably be messages related to the crime & they can track down more of the criminals

I would especially like to see an arrest of the **** who dragged that poor man out of his scooter

Walmart has pretty good surveillance. I wonder if all these people were covering their faces. The parking lot also has good surveillance. I think they will be able to find the bullies who accosted the disabled man. Creeps!

What is wrong with these kids ? They obviously have too much idle time on their hands. Hopefully they get many many hours of community service. I also hope they have to pay Walmart back for all the damage .

What is wrong with these kids ? They obviously have too muchidle timeon their hands.
sbm

Sarc alert.
From above link: "...one of the teens later told a Wal-Mart employee the goal was to see how much damage they could cause
." bbm. http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/t...48d6a6109.html

Teens:
'Where else can we go w our chums on Sunday at 2:00am?
'Parents & teachers always bugging us to 'set goals' and 'work toward them' so we did.
'Shouldn't we get extra credit for pulling man off shopping scooter? After all we were just going for prop damage.'
'Adults, no matter how hard we try, they're never happy.'
End sarc.

Also, there were 50 parents who didn't have a clue where their teenage kids were at 2:00 am on a Sunday. :gaah:
Hopefully, there will be some liability there as well!

"MACON, Ga. • Authorities in central Georgia say up to 50 teenagers bent on destruction raced into a Wal-Mart in Macon, smashing merchandise and causing an estimated $2,000 in damage. .

$2000 in damage?? Gosh, they must have trashed the entire inventory! Meh!

Seriously though, that's a lot of very stupid teenagers all in one place.

Nancy Grace is from Macon ... she should put some footage up on her show which could be seen by many there for identifying the young ****s.

This will probably be deleted for being too political, but THIS kind of behavior, imo, is stemming from all of these protests against police brutality etc. It adds to their beliefs that they are above the law. I feel that many young kids today are developing a horrible attitude towards authority, towards law breaking, and seeing it all like a big joke. There are similar incidents like this happening nationwide. Someon posts a 'location' and everyone shows up at the same time to 'wildout.' It is very distressing and I am not sure how we can combat it.

Also, there were 50 parents who didn't have a clue where their teenage kids were at 2:00 am on a Sunday. :gaah:

I think the parents should be charged along w/ their kids. As a matter of fact, I feel there should be laws for parents. If your underage kid is out and about after 10pm un-chaperoned, and breaks the law, you will be charged. It's sad that a lot of parents don't 'parent' anymore.

Someone earlier made a good point about parents not knowing where their teens were..and evidently not caring. No respect for the disabled man nor any type of law enforcement. One glaringly obvious fact, to me, is that they weren't tired. Children used to work at home or have parttime jobs and were too worn out from their day to go on a "wilding" spree..

re: the 17 y/o who returned to WalMart to retrieve his cellphone ---
"Green, according to the sheriff’s report, first told cops that “he did not know anything about what had happened in the store and that he did not know anyone involved.”

"But when his mother and father arrived and watched the surveillance footage with sheriff’s deputies, the report said “Green admitted to his parents that the male in the video was indeed him.”"
http://www.macon.com/2015/06/29/3821075_report-macon-wal-mart-mob-wanted.html?rh=1. June 29

Glad the young man came clean, even if it took a nudge from parent(s).

Since Kharron was arrested, link to his FB is ok? (Alerting on own post, so Mod can ck)
I got the link from another site and I can't see anything besides this first page below.

Can anybody locate & capture anything of interest for future ref, when he deletes his FB? TIA.

https://www.facebook.com/kharron.green

I believe it is against TOS to link a minor's facebook, but I am not sure in this situation. I will alert a mod.

Just found out one of my teens has been sneaking out after we are asleep. There are other issues related to that, that we are bringing into the local juvenile system for some outside help as we've exhausted all legal parental options with no success. But our town, probably like Macon, has a curfew. But if you call the city police to say your 16 year old is out after curfew and you cannot locate them at the usual friends, etc., They say well, there is nothing we can do. So all these unenforced laws allow the offender some freedom and do not help the parents who are attempting to do the right thing. But if they arrest 'em at 2 am, they about scream if you aren't there immediately. I wanted to leave her there for a day or two but they insisted that cannot happen. She didn't do anything "bad" enough to be held. So I am back home at 5 am with a 16 year old who still doesn't get it. Juvenile court told her today if she gets one more charge between now and August 4, she gets to go to juvie. I fully believe (hope) that if she sat in juvie from now until August 4th that would cure her. But I've been wrong with this one so many times before.

Some of these kids parents may be lazy, but I bet some of them are like us: when they pull this stuff, punish 'em. If I did what LE is allowed to do with regards to putting her in a locked cell, she would not leave the house when all are asleep. If I do that however, my 9 & 15 year olds would be removed from the home. The fifteen year old is undergoing chemo for a brain tumor. What is a parent to do? I could get arrested out running around at night trespassing on other's property, knocking on doors, chasing kids in an outside party at the lake/park. There are things only LE can do, but chasing around after errant, idiot teenagers comes after reported crimes or in progress crimes, wrecks, DUI checkpoints and other important LE functions. I do not blame LE. But I don't take all the blame either. She is a judgment-impaired, poor impulse control, cannot see past the end of her nose teenage girl. I cannot lock her up like juvie or prison. I cannot beat her. I am not a lazy parent. Please do not paint us all with the same broad brush.

Just found out one of my teens has been sneaking out after we are asleep. There are other issues related to that, that we are bringing into the local juvenile system for some outside help as we've exhausted all legal parental options with no success. But our town, probably like Macon, has a curfew. But if you call the city police to say your 16 year old is out after curfew and you cannot locate them at the usual friends, etc., They say well, there is nothing we can do. So all these unenforced laws allow the offender some freedom and do not help the parents who are attempting to do the right thing. But if they arrest 'em at 2 am, they about scream if you aren't there immediately. I wanted to leave her there for a day or two but they insisted that cannot happen. She didn't do anything "bad" enough to be held. So I am back home at 5 am with a 16 year old who still doesn't get it. Juvenile court told her today if she gets one more charge between now and August 4, she gets to go to juvie. I fully believe (hope) that if she sat in juvie from now until August 4th that would cure her. But I've been wrong with this one so many times before.

Some of these kids parents may be lazy, but I bet some of them are like us: when they pull this stuff, punish 'em.

Wendy---was she always an unruly child? Did you always have difficulty with her when she was younger? Did she always challenge you on the issue of right vs wrong? Could you share more about your earlier failed attempts? I am just curious...
If there was a now & sudden change in personality with nothing exhibited before, my guess is the sudden change is related to her peers with drug experimentation.
I make no judgements--just would appreciate your insight & if you noticed a "turning point" incident that might help other parents here on WS!

This will probably be deleted for being too political, but THIS kind of behavior, imo, is stemming from all of these protests against police brutality etc. It adds to their beliefs that they are above the law. I feel that many young kids today are developing a horrible attitude towards authority, towards law breaking, and seeing it all like a big joke. There are similar incidents like this happening nationwide. Someon posts a 'location' and everyone shows up at the same time to 'wildout.' It is very distressing and I am not sure how we can combat it.

Good point. We can combat it by cracking down on police. I'm not surprised kids have no respect for "law & order" when they see the offenses committed by cops without consequences.

Someone earlier made a good point about parents not knowing where their teens were..and evidently not caring. No respect for the disabled man nor any type of law enforcement. One glaringly obvious fact, to me, is that they weren't tired. Children used to work at home or have parttime jobs and were too worn out from their day to go on a "wilding" spree..

I don't know. Teens have a LOT of energy. I used to spend 10 hours per day at school (lots of extracurriculars), then worked a 5 or 6-hour shift and still had energy to go out. I hadn't slept for two days when I took the SATs and still scored at Ivy League levels. Probably not something I could do today.

As for parents not knowing what their kids are doing, we should be a little careful before we blame parents. Yes, some are just not interested in parenting, but mine (I lived with Mother AND grandparents) never even left me alone overnight until I was grown and had my own apartment.

But when I was 16 and 17, the rule was I didn't have a curfew, but I had to call and let them know wherever I was, even if my friends and I changed locations at 4 a.m. I followed the rule religiously, and because I had always been "a good kid" and was a good student (see post above), they trusted me implicitly. Little did they know I was drunk half the time when I called (as was the driver of whatever car we were using); we were just lucky no tragedy occurred.

Of course, my friends and I never went "wilding" at K-Mart, either. (No WalMart in those days.) But if we had, it would have been silly to punish my parents. Better to make me pay the damages out of my earnings.

I think kids should volunteer at places so they don't get so self centered. There are so many needs that something should fit an interest. Focusing on someone beside your own self is a good thing for everyone

I think kids should volunteer at places so they don't get so self centered. There are so many needs that something should fit an interest. Focusing on someone beside your own self is a good thing for everyone

Excellent idea, now that adults are working for minimum wage and do many of the paying jobs that were once covered by kids. In high school, my niece volunteered for the Humane Society. She was just graduated from Purdue with a degree in Biology and now works for a regional environmental organization, so the "volunteer" work paid off after all!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back