NM Missing/Murdered - linked to West Mesa?

the seeker

Reaction score
So looking at my list of missing in the area...it seems like the real patterns happen in 2013..LOTS of activity there. Namus and NM missing person database reports 43 women under age 41 went missing across NM between 2001 and 2014. Twenty of these are under 18, 19 are between the ages of 18 and 29 years, and 4 of these are between 30 and 40. 14 of these are missing from Albuquerque and 10 of the 14 went missing from 2001 and 2006, the other 4 went missing from 2013 and January 2014 (El Paso Times)

Between June 13, 2006 and January 15, 2013 there were NO more reports of missing women from Albuquerque and between March 14, 2012 to January 15 2013 no more missing reported in areas of NM outside of Albuquerque (El Paso Times).

What I think is interesting is that in 2013 starting in May we have at LEAST one "last seen" date per month, except for the month of July. They are mostly from different parts but I don't think any are very far apart. Ill have to do some mapping to be sure of the distances.

In September of 2013 there are 4 reported "last seen" (from the 3rd to the 30th-one about every other week), in October there are 5 missing, 2 in November, 5 in December.

2014 starts off with a bang; 7 with "last seen" dates of January 2014. Three in the first week, 4 in the second week.

Those dates and numbers above came from NM Dept. of Public Safety Missing Persons and NAMUS.

I don't know...seems like a pattern to me, at least with these later ones. If our WMBC was still active, he could be responsible for this...but if he is you can bet your britches there is another grave site.

Now, to find out a central location perhaps to the areas that the missing are from. Lots of work to do, lol. Do we have anyone here that is really good with maps?

I can help with the locations/maps...Albuquerque was my hometown. All the west Mesa victims were very petite. According to court/arrest records I searched, the tallest was Cinnamon. She was listed as 5'4-5'5. This creep definitely had a type, petite Hispanic women. The exception being Syllania, who was AA. Cinnamon was Caucasian but could've easily passed as being Hispanic, especially in New Mexico.

I can help with the locations/maps...Albuquerque was my hometown. All the west Mesa victims were very petite. According to court/arrest records I searched, the tallest was Cinnamon. She was listed as 5'4-5'5. This creep definitely had a type, petite Hispanic women. The exception being Syllania, who was AA. Cinnamon was Caucasian but could've easily passed as being Hispanic, especially in New Mexico.

Ok, cool. Yes, i believe the majority of the missing (to include deceased and still missing) were 5'3.

In the pattern of the missing missing above in 2012 (when women started disappearing again in March) and in 2013 and 2014 (January) July is a month that stands out as NO missing. I find that interesting. If the WMBC is still active (or was prior to Jan 2014) it will be interesting to see if any POI have an annual activity or obligation in July that would take up his time.

Vegasdee,

In 2012 the locations of last seen are: Belen, Rio Rancho (two there one in June and one in August) one in Las Vegas in June (not sure why it was included unless she matched the height, age, and hispanic trend).

In 2013: Las Cruces (2) Santa Fe (3), Sunland Park, Fort Sumner, Rio Rancho (3) Belen, Farmington, Alamogordo, Chimayo, Grants (2) and Clovis

In 2014:

ALL in January...Albuquerque, Las Cruces (2), Santa Clara, Santa Fe, Rio Rancho and Los Lunas.

Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces pop up alot.

Vegasdee,

In 2012 the locations of last seen are: Belen, Rio Rancho (two there one in June and one in August) one in Las Vegas in June (not sure why it was included unless she matched the height, age, and hispanic trend).

In 2013: Las Cruces (2) Santa Fe (3), Sunland Park, Fort Sumner, Rio Rancho (3) Belen, Farmington, Alamogordo, Chimayo, Grants (2) and Clovis

In 2014:

ALL in January...Albuquerque, Las Cruces (2), Santa Clara, Santa Fe, Rio Rancho and Los Lunas.

Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, and Las Cruces pop up alot.

The Seeker,

Got the info. I'm gonna pull out a map a little later tonight and pin these areas. Las Vegas is a very rural area..it's pretty small. I-25 goes right through Las Vegas. Farmington is in the northwest corner of NM... Small area too. Rio Rancho is basically a suburb of Albuquerque, much like Henderson and Las Vegas, NV. Chimayo is super small...it's really bad with heroin...Espanola would be the closest "city" to Chimayo. If you live in Chimayo you would have to go Espanola to buy groceries, gas, Walmart, hospital, etc. Santa Clara, as in Santa Clara pueblo?

The Seeker,

Got the info. I'm gonna pull out a map a little later tonight and pin these areas. Las Vegas is a very rural area..it's pretty small. I-25 goes right through Las Vegas. Farmington is in the northwest corner of NM... Small area too. Rio Rancho is basically a suburb of Albuquerque, much like Henderson and Las Vegas, NV. Chimayo is super small...it's really bad with heroin...Espanola would be the closest "city" to Chimayo. If you live in Chimayo you would have to go Espanola to buy groceries, gas, Walmart, hospital, etc. Santa Clara, as in Santa Clara pueblo?

Not sure about Santa Clara...thats all it said.."Santa Clara".
The same source said that most of these places are within a 60 mile radius of Albuquerque. If thats true and our WMBC is still active, he may still be in Albuquerque. Wonder if hes a truck driver. BUT the fact that many knew each other (the deceased found on the WM) doesnt match with a trucker picking up random prostitutes....kwim?

About how far are Grants, Sunland Park, Alamagordo, chimayo, Vegas, and Farmington?

Grants=1.5 hours
Las Vegas = 2 hours
Alamagordo = 3.5 hours
Farmington = 3 hours
Sundland Park = 4.5 hours
Chimayo= 1.5 hours

Do you all think it's possible that a second burial site exisits? I think there is. On Ida Lopez's list there are 6 woman still missing. 3 of them were reported missing in early 2005 and 3 were reported missing in early 2006.

Do you all think it's possible that a second burial site exisits? I think there is. On Ida Lopez's list there are 6 woman still missing. 3 of them were reported missing in early 2005 and 3 were reported missing in early 2006.

Yes I agree! I do think there is another site. Perhaps not in New Mexico though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what made authorities say in early reports that they thought this was a single-event killing. was it evidence from the scene or from what info they were getting or hearing from informants/street..?

it's almost surreal seeing how many girls a day/week/month go missing in the Albuquerque/surrounding areas

it's odd that many reports try to tie the state fair to the killings, but it seems more of the last seen/date missing are not in the range of the fair

it's odd that many reports try to tie the state fair to the killings, but it seems more of the last seen/date missing are not in the range of the fair
I think the initial reports of the state fair had to do with all the people that come from everywhere around the U.S. There are horse races going on at the downs of Albuquerque, so you have horse trainers and their staff, jockey's, and horse owners. Also, there is a huge carnival at the state fair...midway rides, food vendors, carnival acts, etc. There is exhibits, a Spanish village, and an Indian village that's part of the fair. It's a huge events that lasts almost 3 weeks. Right after the fair the balloon fiesta takes plasce, which may even draw more people. However, like you said the dates of the missing don't coincide with the fair or the ballon fiesta.

Do you all think it's possible that a second burial site exisits?

I'm mostly just a lurker here but after watching the Dateline special I can't stop thinking about the women who are still missing and the possibility of a second burial site. The satellite images of the evolving burials were compelling. I wondered if it would be possible to look for a similar pattern elsewhere within the relevant time frame? I did a little digging and found a Vice article about the case with someone talking about this idea in the comments. I don't know how feasible it actually is but it seemed like food for thought.

Vice article - -

http://www.vice.com/read/who-is-the-west-mesa-bone-collector-0000439-v21n9

Dateline clip - -

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/dateline/51090503#44380846

Welcome, Foxy Soxy!

:welcome5:

I’d like to revisit this thread.

the seeker, you did an amazing job finding new potential victims; did you happen to find anything in the media discussing an uptick in missing sex workers in the area(s), or anything about specific missing sex worker(s)? Any women found that might meet the West Mesa victimology? I looked at news sources and couldn’t find anything specific; I did find an instance of two women who were found near one another, but this seems to be an odd coincidence, as they don’t have anything in common with the WM victims. They were also found in the mountains. Do we have additional details (such as NamUs IDs) that we can look at to see if we can help search for identities? A description of a missing woman and a story about a family looking for a missing sister/daughter/niece with a similar description in NamUs could lead to the possibility of a match if we send them our information.

Vegasdee, I know you were working hard on a map of the more recent missing; I think you may have ended up listing every city in NM, but were you able to find any patterns?

I do think there is the possibility of a second site, but where? Let’s see if we can find any patterns that might lead us to some site ideas. Maybe articles about construction sites being vandalized, people in cars or trucks found in isolated areas or trespassing?

The site will in all likelihood be smaller than the original WM site, as the killer may have realized that too many victims buried in one place leads to a higher probability of someone being found.

As always, thank you for your help. We couldn’t do this without you.

Rachel and Josh

Hi! I have spoken with someone back home in ABQ, and this person works with sex workers. We were talking and I ran a couple of ideas past this person anyway, we both think there is s second burial site. Probably somewhere on the "north mesa" heading towards Rio Rancho. I believe there you will find the last 6 girls who were sex workers and vanished from Albuquerque.
Ana Vigil lka 1/20/05
Felipa Gonzales lka 4/27/05
-arrested 4/30/2005
-in custody 5/1/2005
Nina Herron lka 5/24/2005
Shawntel Waites lka 3/15/2006
Leah Peebles lka 5/22/2006
-featured on disappeared episode
-cell phone records available
Vanessa Reid Lujan lka 6/13/2006
-sister, Amy, lived same lifestyle
-both knew Fred Reynolds well, Amy believes there is know way possible he was west Mesa killer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back